• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

MORNIN

Ashlynn_L

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The best cure for a severe headache is a poultice made from banana and yam and smothered all over your head. So you should try that.

On a side note the monster of page 41 is the Sabre-toothed Yam.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Morning. Almost 3:30 a.m. Icky has kept me up all night renovating the house and I'm finally going to bed... *yawn*

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
meees no could sweeps til 7am, all dat hammering icky an luann was doing
awoke at 230

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Good morning. It's overcast here today, but the temperature is lovely. I may walk to the store in a while... don't even need a sweater or jacket! :)

TehanChesapeake

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Afternoon !

Missed the morning call, was busy visiting Ground Zero, Brooklyn Bridge, Chinatown (had dumplings at Kelley & Ping), SOHO, Little Italia, and having a hot chocolate right now at the Union Square Starbucks.

Tonight, we're going to see the Rock of Ages show !

Should be back home tomorrow night, but having a blast right now ! See you guys soon !

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Morning. It is COLD... even here in Florida. Wish I could win the lotto. I'd move further south and never be cold again!

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yes but what temperature exactly do you consider to be "cold"?
Anything below 70 is cold to TRUE Floridaians! lol

For me though, I still ride my motorcycle to work when it is in the 30's and 40's but I have only lived in Florida for 10 years now.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Well it is about 35 here today!
That, and the small matters of finances and citizenship, is partly why I don't live in the UK!

It's also the reason why I won't live anywhere north of central Florida! :D

Ashlynn_L

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't tell if you mean you are cold, or at 95 in the superior American Degrees.
I thought I'd be nice and translate it into american. I mean fahrenheit. It makes it easier and the big mercury-glass thermometer on my wall has both scales side by side on it anyway.

I don't think I could even function properly at 95F. It would be torture!

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Don't come to Florida, It is commonly in the mid 90's from May - October but it is not unheard of for it to get there in April or November either.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I thought I'd be nice and translate it into american. I mean fahrenheit. It makes it easier and the big mercury-glass thermometer on my wall has both scales side by side on it anyway.

Well, I was born in New York, and once lived in Montana as well. It would be torture to me if I ever had to return. I think the few years I lived in the Panama Canal Zone as a child made a life-long change in my internal thermostat. I LOVED Panama, and the only thing I find wrong in Florida is that it's sometimes too cold. :)

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning!

I've only lived in the south. We get hot muggy summers, cold dry winters, and about 2 days of snow and 2 weeks of bone melting heat each year.