• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

More people = more fun. Simple solution to return old days!

Leave only one banker - at the Britain bank?

• yes

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • no

Votes: 12 75.0%

• Total voters

tangar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
There were two topics which inspired me on this idea.

Lets return old days!

Siege Perilous - best UO server. But we have our doom - "low population"; people don't play UO much and don't go SP because of it. But the root of this problem - players spread along the game far away from each other. There is no place to bring them together - and it's Prime Evil of Ultima Online. How to solve it?

Lets leave only 1 (one) bank at Siege Perilous. Britain bank.

Benefits:
1) return of old times - true oldschool UO spirit.. A lot of people banking, chatting, trading, dancing, RPing, stealing, fighting, playing music, taming cats and dogs & etc hehe
2) players could communicate, meet each other, find new friends and enemies. New players could find help here.. or be robbbed like in old times haha*
3) thieves... this would give great opportunity for thieves and antiThieves players and guilds. More hardcore for hardcore server hehe
4) People would come to Siege Perilous from other servers.. Many veterans would return to "oldschool" UO just to feel momentum of Brit bank presence hehe

Problem here - to make other cities usefull.. I'll say roughly.. But, guys, lets face the truth - all cities dead right now, it wont be worse. But anyway - it's possible to make other cities usefull - for example, we could put in each city special vendors to restrict NPC trading in areas (so you could buy reagents only in Moonglow, take Bulk Order Deed for blacksmithing at Minoc & etc).

So.. What do you think? Please vote.

*at 1999 at my 1st days in UO I was invited to the guild by beautiful woman near Brit bank.. I took my best armour and weapons to visit guild hall for initiation... We've come to the house to the east from Britain graveyard... I made my first step inside to be part of mighty guild... and was killed by this woman in the back. One of the strongest and best memories in UO :)

(picture by HoldenCaulfield)

ApollyonSP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I agree except the central bank should be luna due to its central location and accessibility to other locations throughout the world.

New players should also start at luna.

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Tangar, while I wish to see people return to WBB very greatly, I would not want it to be forced upon them just as it was not forced in early UO.

Perhaps by just a conscious effort by folks to bank there more often, a similar result can be achieved while not taking away any freedoms.

I posted a few small, "banking with a purpose" ideas in my campaign statement.

I hope WBB will become contagious once again, but not by force.

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What you need to do is get a band of 8 naked mages together carrying enough regs for a single cast of explosion.

Anybody banking somewhere other than WBB, let glorious hellfire consume them as the guards watch helpless.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
It goes total against the City Loyalty system and won't get us more players.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:) some of us were nuts,:D and preferred banking on Buc's Island bank here...on Siege, hardly saw anyone there though. :sad3: I seldom banked at WBB, but then I sorta UO grew up with Delucia. :)
Most of the times post lost lands on any shard though, I seemed to prefer Delucia bank, or far flung islands like Ocello or Serp. Hold, Nujelom, and then Trinsic, on both shards, no clue why, I just like those banks far more, but I think the UO music on Serp. Hold was why I kept going back there to Serp Hold bank the most, on any shard...I would go to the banks I preferred the most due to the UO music that I liked to hear most often, and kept the UO music ON and deliberately hit certain banks just for their city songs...too bad Delucia never seemed important enough to get it's own song though. meh !

I think due to UO music, tis why I banked at some banks far more than any other ones.

Last edited:

tangar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
ApollyonSP, Luna.. Its all about gate in the city. There are small area, not much to see. Brit better anyway :p

HoldenCaulfield, its not forcing, but changing for the good. Your events and program are nice, but they wont help in perspective. I saw too much examples - there are several of people who came to try UO at Siege after they saw my videos.. They creating char, wandering around alone - nobody at the cities. World seems empty when everybody sitting at their place. So new players are quitting. The end. Siege needs hub.

It goes total against the City Loyalty system
Its true. This system could be fun if there are more players. With current population status, City Loyalty system is nonsense.

and won't get us more players.
Not true. Problem of SP - its quite hardcore UO, but quite is not enough. Thats why there are a lot of free shards around with preAoS ruleset and a lot of people there. They don't have house teleporters & etc... Ok, lets dont touch sacred cow - teleporters & other new staff.. But bank hub - its good solution to unite players at one place. Any other ideas how to do so or regular perspective? Events & etc - not a solution there.

Of course, Siege would survive even if there wouldn't be any changes at all, a lot of people playing anyway. But we could do better.. with a little effort.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Don't think Siege players want to be in one place

tangar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Don't think Siege players want to be in one place
Are you serious? :) Idea of UO as multiplayer game - players interaction. Now UO has one of the lowest position in such activities. WoW have raids & BGs, korea style games - GvG siege of castles & etc. Main UO theme - social interaction; players have to come in one place to do it. If there are no crossroads - people not so interested.

But anyway, what do you think people interested in at Siege Perilous? Sitting on their chests at home alone? :)

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Having only one bank would cause too much of an inconvenience.

Some people use Delucia to start training their characters. Tamers, warriors, miners etc.
Having to go all the way to Britain to bank their hides or ore/logs wouldn´t work.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
whether there are 2 banks in brit or 1 the bigger issue is land mass. (way too much land)
thats the issue that needs to be solved in order for smaller communities to grow.

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bo's on the right track here. We need to get rid of some of this land.

Alright, I'm going to need 4000 mages in LRC/LMC/MR suits casting fire fields 24/7. Operation Scorched Sosaria commences at dawn!

Kattasrophe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Alright, I'm going to need 4000 mages in LRC/LMC/MR suits casting fire fields 24/7. Operation Scorched Sosaria commences at dawn![/QUOTE]

I believe, that uh.. Wulf over here is trying to kill us all, am I the only one that thinks that??

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Bo's on the right track here. We need to get rid of some of this land.

Alright, I'm going to need 4000 mages in LRC/LMC/MR suits casting fire fields 24/7. Operation Scorched Sosaria commences at dawn!
Start with Malas, it was a big mistake it was added IMO

tangar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yep, votes saying that its not going happen.. Even with opposite votes this idea was too way against "mainstream" and devs hardly agree to it :)

Its nice dream - to see old UO, UO with a lot of people around. Different people, from all over the world in one place. Living town with _real_ people, not NPCs. Just a dream. Sadly that its seems its not gonna happen again. All we have - screenshots, old times memories :next:

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, votes saying that its not going happen.. Its nice dream - to see old UO, UO with a lot of people around. Different people, from all over the world in one place. Living town with _real_ people, not NPCs. Just a dream. Sadly that its seems its not gonna happen again. All we have - screenshots, old times memories :next:
Well, the single bank concept is a bit over the top, but seeing more people interacting with each other (like the old times) isn't a pipe dream. We'd all like that... And you can certainly help by making more of your great movies!
What you might achieve could surprise you...
Just sayin....... :cool:

tangar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yep, I got such plans hehe %) I wanna start "Newbie" series - how I start from nothing with new char at SP. It would be streams (live videos). I'll invite anyone to join me with a new character hehe