• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

More people around?

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Have you noticed more people in your shards lately?

I'm on Europa and unless I'm mistaken I've been seeing more people at Luna bank than before.

I haven't log in for some months, did something change that attracted more players to UO?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This is normal, It happens every year. During the Summer people stop playing and do things in the real world, but after Summer they all come back and start playing UO again. Since the Summer is pretty much over now there should be more people playing for the rest of the year :)

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Fair enough there Captn, Sir, but last times I logged in around September/October last year there were less people around and it was already after Summer.

Maybe it's just me and my wishful thinking...

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
And by more people I mean before I remember consistently seeing around 2-3 characters at Luna Bank in the evening. Now I am seeing around 5-8 characters in the evening.
Also I keep seeing threads with more returning players. Are they directing publicity to old players and retro gamers? If not they should...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The place to look for people on Europa is WBB, each evening 6 - 7pm UK time. The regular meeting finishes at 7pm (8pm CET) with the casting of an arcane circle.

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Have you noticed more people in your shards lately?

I'm on Europa and unless I'm mistaken I've been seeing more people at Luna bank than before.

I haven't log in for some months, did something change that attracted more players to UO?
Marketing as far as I know is almost non-existent. Nevertheless, in order to market to old players, they would need to make returning much less of a headache. Mythic requires an extra setup that many are not used to and locks you out of your account after guessing too many times. It's a headache to get any customer support when you don't have a direct line to messana. I brought interest back to 4 different old friends to come back and play. The all were unsuccessful in getting back into the game and didn't want to start over, so gave up. Sad days...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk