• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

More faction trap questions: placing and related

G

Gellor

Please excuse the semi random questions related to faction traps. Not a lot of good relevant info :(

1) Does a faction trap "tool" have to be used by the same faction that created it? Ex: If a Shadow Lord tinkerer creates the tool, does a SL have to use it?
2) Is there a time limit on faction trap tools? For example, can one create 80 of them and put them in a crate for use later?
3) Does the trapper or the trap maker get silver for damage? And does this happen at time of damage or once a day? Seemed some confusion in other posts on this.
4) On EA's site, it states "placed in faction-controllable cities or within faction strongholds". This brings two questions:
4a) I assume that a trap placer has to be the same faction as the stronghold. IE Minax stronghold can only have Minax traps.
4b) Does the trap placer's faction have to be in control of a town to place? EX: Can a CoM trap placer put a trap in Minoc if CoM doesn't control Minoc?
5) How would you rate trap damage? What does the least? What does the most? Obviously poison is needed inside bases.

K

Kestrall

1 yes
2 you can make as many as u want and save the deeds for later
3 char placing the trap gets silver everytime an opposing faction char go overs it
4 you can place in any fac town nox only in strongholds
4a not true see 4
4b no
5 weak but u place them on top of each other to make them more powerful

Ru TnT

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. yes, you must be in the same faction.

2. no time limit, load up on them and store them for when needed, and carry a handful on you. never know when you'll need them.

3. the one that places the trap gets the silver, although there seems to be a time limit on how often you can get silver from people hitting your traps.

4a. yes, if you're in minax you can only trap(only poison trap) the minax stronghold.

4b. traps can be placed in any faction town at any time.

5. the only trap i've used outside of the stronghold are the explosion traps, so i can't really rate the damage of the traps for you, sorry.

G

Gellor

Thanks for confirming some things I suspected(#1, #2, #3)

Seems a little confusion on who can place inside a faction stronghold... me being one of them.:dunce:

Lets use the very specific example:
I'm in True Brit faction. Who's faction stronghold can I place a trap in? Only mine? Any?

One more question:
6) Does a faction trap's damage relate to the tinkerer's skill? Ie a GM one is better than a 90 tink one.

Thanks.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You CANNOT place traps inside another factions stronghold.

If you are TB then the only traps you can place in your Stonghold are Poison traps in the TB Castle area.

K

Kestrall

I said it wrong what i meant to say was make a row so they have to go over more than one trap to get past a choke point.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Oh lol okay :) I thought I was missing something.

G

Gellor

Good info... thanks.

One last one... do they give out free silver out on Test shard? I'm gonna do some playing :p