• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Moonstone Crystal Shards

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am looking for the Moonstone Crystal Shards found on the corpse of slain Myrmidex Warriors in the Myrmidex Pits. All I see in the Pits are Drones. What do I need to do to get the Warriors to spawn?

Thanks

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Join the Britannian side and help them fight the Myrmidex. Once the weaker drones are killed the Warriors should spawn.
Kill those and check their corpses.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The drop rate is ridiculously low on the moonstone crystal shards and the myrmidex eggsacs.

You'll be lucky to find three shards the entire pit fight.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are you the person who was looking to buy them on Sonoma earlier today?

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The drop rate is ridiculously low on the moonstone crystal shards and the myrmidex eggsacs.

You'll be lucky to find three shards the entire pit fight.
Few days ago I soloed spawn twice, looted every myrm warrior and didn't get a one either time. I consider it lucky to get one in several spawns done with other folks. Exactly right, this is way way too low of a drop rate and by the time they fix it, if they ever do, everyone will be done with this phase.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Few days ago I soloed spawn twice, looted every myrm warrior and didn't get a one either time. I consider it lucky to get one in several spawns done with other folks. Exactly right, this is way way too low of a drop rate and by the time they fix it, if they ever do, everyone will be done with this phase.
What is the best method to solo the spawn?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Melee: 100% fire weapon and drink a Kurak Ambusher potion (+200% damage to things in the pit). Can also wear a full set of Darden's Armor (Myrmidex slayer).

Mage: Use the Myrmidex and Eodon Tribe Slayer spellbooks. The Kurak potion also works for magic. I'd suggest a Mystic/Mage/Weaver combo.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No secret, my guy is just an archer with tons of patience, myrmidex suit, good bows, and lotsa time. I had to do it for a while, leave it for a while, come back and finish. Oh and take lots of Kurak potion and invis pots. It's a pain to do that I wouldn't recommend. I did it more out of wanting the crystals than just wanting to solo it, in fact I was surprised the first time I actually did it and after doing it twice and getting one crystal, I don't plan on doing it again. And the RNG hates me on stuff like this so I shoulda known better.

Last edited:

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Best way I have found is a bard.
Lure the army you are fighting with up to battle with you and let them pull the agro. Then you provoke the army you are fighting against to fight each other and let your army beat them down. Throw in some mind-blasts here and there to make sure you are getting credit for damage (if it is only the opposing armies that fight, the spawn doesn't advance, but provo will get you credit).

This method takes me around 45 minutes to solo the pit.