• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Moonglow Zoo Spawn Petition

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Because of the events that unfolded at the Relay For Life event, I figured I would start a petition here for everyone to make a case to have a Zoo Spawn Night. The reason given for why things happening as they did at the Relay For Life event was that no one "asked permission" to do spawns freely in Felucca. So here it is:

I would like to begin a weekly spawn night, it's date to be decided on by whomever will be attending regularly. All gold and scroll profits would go to the Moonglow Zoo. This event would be open to all who wish to participate.

I, as the leader of a guild that does have an active pvp sector, am telling my members that this is to be a no-pk event and to respect that others will be trying to better the Zoo. My signature is the first on this petition, both in favor of beginning this tradition and on my word that my guild will not attack during it.

Anyone else who is in favor of this event, please sign below.

C

CatLord

For a free Catskills... if only for one night... count me in.

Pitr.

U

UltimaSword

Fel is stupid. People only fight for power scrolls to stay in fel because they control it like a monopoly. Devs don't seem to get this. Oh well. I have no problem with stuff being fel only. But power scrolls are too much of a need not much of just a want.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A free for all island spawn night would be a decent idea. I personally would still slaughter players/guilds of certian affiliations though... I won't get into the detail on that since i'd probably get introuble (like always).

Too bad the catskills scroll market is terrible ATM and wouldn't really be a great way to "fund" the catskills moonglow zoo. Not to mention how easy it would be for a player to "exploit" the hard work of everyone by simply keeping the reward...

Can't be for it really though because of the level of indirectness of scrolls & the zoo itself though, sorry :/

C

Callie

I'd be interested to talk to you about this further. I"d like to get my guild into learning how to run spawns, but honestly not having PVP members is the reason we don't. And a valid reason, I think.

As always, please feel free to send ICQ or PM.

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's great to see that people think this is a good idea too! Okay, so now for the details! What spawn do we want to do? What time and date is good for everyone? Who will be selling the scrolls and donating? PM me and give me your thoughts!

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll offer up a spot at my vendor house for the selling of the scrolls if one is needed.

As far as my attending the actual spawn, that remains to be seen. Date and time would make the decision as to if I'll be able to make it or not.

C

Callie

I have some folks who would definitely be interested.

I would hope, for the sake of the zoo, that other folks would be willing to suspend the drama for a night.

Pretty much any night is good for us, we usually do Doom on Wednesdays and attend the Friday night hunts with Ally and Barefoot.

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay! The details have finally been all ironed out!

Event Name: Spawns for the Zoo
Date: Every Tuesday Night, Beginning November 4th 2008
Time: Meeting At 7:30pm EST--Leaving At 7:50pm EST--Spawn Begins At 8pm EST
--Scrolls will be sold by a vendor rented by Calina at Anne's
--Skulls from all spawns will be donated to the Public Harrower Events, hopefully enabling us to hold a Public Harrower about once a month.

November 4th Spawn: Tortoise
Meeting Spot: Del Bank

I hope everyone is excited as I am! Hope to see you all there!

C

CatLord

It is Location #12...

You can reach it by using the Trinsic Passage to Delucia. (E10)
(takes you to the meeting spot... Del. bank)

Safe Spawning.

Uthar Pendragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While I'll be working for this one I will plan on attending any others. Work hates me at times and I guess this is just one of them :)

Oh and get out there and vote if you haven't yet.

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Calina, since my kids are home, I have to actually COOK dinner (blech) but then I'll be ready.

Do you want to set somewhere like Yew Gate Tram or something for those that may not have a rune to Delucia Fel passage. I can set up to gate them if you want until a set time when we'll head in. Just an offer. Hopefully, I'll be on by 7:00 p.m. or shortly thereafter.

C

Callie

Ok, despite the immensely AWFUL lag that most of us experienced, I thought this went absolutely wonderfully well. I stayed for two spawns, mostly invised since I couldn't really walk, and just let the dragon do the work. Thanks for getting this set up and we'll hopefully do better next week!

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I think it went wonderfully well!!!! Money raised for the zoo, skulls for the Public Harrower and a good time! What more can a group ask for?!?!?!?

I have to admit, I had a few qualms when we met up at Delucia and there were exactly FIVE of us heading off to tackle spiders with horrendous lag! It was getting kinda dicey but the calvary showed up just in the nick of time!!!! YAY!!!! I seriously almost cried from happiness when you guys came pouring in! I got goosebumps!!! (how silly is that?) LOL

A special thank you to the pvp guilds for not raiding tonite and letting this wonderful community event happen in such an awesome way. :) Once again, it just goes to show, Catskills is the ONLY shard to live on.

You guys truly are the BEST of the best.

A

Ally Oop

I missed giving yu the check I had. Ive been collecting gold from another area too so Ill add that to the check I picked up tonight. Total will be 530,671 that Ill turn in.

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Things went fantastic! A spider, rat and reptile spawn done in two and a half hours! We have people down here still working it, an undead. The vendor is set up and dressed, I just have to stock it after this spawn.

Which means that next week we're doing an OAKS!

Tuesday, November 11th
Meeting at 7:30pm est
Leaving at 8:00pm est

Gathering at Felucca, Delucia Bank (since the Vesper Cemetery is under siege, it's easier to run from Del then there to Oaks)

:thumbup1:
Great job, everyone!

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also, since we're doing Oaks, anyone who plans to attend needs to be sure that their character has very positive karma. Meaning no necro-mages! Any other ideas? I normally spawn with Calina and Valandra, so I've never had an issue with using a dexy for Oaks.

ALSO
We're pulling down *alot* of 105's and 110's!
So, should we bother to sell those ones? Or just junk them and only sell the 115's and 120's? I'll do whatever, just wanna know if you all think they'll sell.

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm such a newbie.
We got the undead skull, but we still needed the demon skull.
But it just so happened that one of my guildies, Rino, had a demon skull! So we're all good to go for Oaks next week, then a Public Harry that Sunday!

A

Ashlen

You can do an Oaks with bad Karma
we do it all the time

Just have them run in packs with a good peacer
or a couple of good peacers, and remember that
if you go in with borderline karma mid way through
the spawn you just might get ganked when your karma
drops down. :thumbup1:

Or you can just go in and kill all the neg karma creatures
but that takes longer than just going in and sweeping
through everything.

Just my opinion :)

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If we can get larger numbers out next week then I'll bring my necro/mage/weaver, Valandra. Our starting numbers were thin this week and I want to be sure we can make a solid stand against the spawn. Hopefully we'll get more people out and we can all go necro to just smash the spawn.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd drop the 105s off in New Haven, they might do someone some good there.

I would have liked to attend last night, but between the lag, and wanting to see the election results, I decided to pass. I'm going to try to make it next time though.

S

Shotgun

my suggestion goes along with Ashlen, a few good bards to area peace working with a necro mage can go through alot of spawn. usually when we do an oaks i take my bard and team up with 2 necros to wither the spawn while i area peace and heal them if needed, also is a good idea to carry orange petals cuz pixies like to poison. any dexxers that go should max out karma beforehand that way they wont get insta ganked by spawn and any mace dexxies bring a pixie swatter for slayer damage.

as with most spawns it is a good idea to bring at least one discorder to discord the champ for easier killing. when lord oaks spawns you have to do a little damage to him so he calls for his mate silvani, when she spawns you need to kill her first then kill lord oaks. when we do an oaks spawn we make sure that who ever gets the skull insures it right away so if they get killed they dont lose it. since most people dont like to do oaks spawns it isnt a common skull so is more valuable than the other skulls.

Calina as for the scrolls you get most of the time my guild drops any 105's and 110's on the ground unless someone needs them. we keep the 115's and 120's. the 115's we usually give to guildies who need them and the 120's we roll for. anyone who was working the spawn by second level gets a roll for the 120's but you can use your own system for that. its a good idea to give all the scrolls to the protector and have them stealth them out to reduce the chances of pk's getting them and watch out for thiefs too.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When it comes to fighting anything with magic my motto is "Orange Petals... Don't Leave Home Without 'Em!"

R

Rathma

Well I'm down to help, I'm usually bored anyway.. and I'm sure Satria would love me too :p

A

Ashlen

Well I'm down to help, I'm usually bored anyway.. and I'm sure Satria would love me too :p
Satria always :heart:loves:heart: you Rathma
Especially when your helping to protect the good people
of Catskills, cause I know you always have my back