• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Moonglow Hosts : Defense of the Void Pool

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On Monday the 23rd of June, Moonglow will be hosting a defense of the Void Pool. Starting at 7 PM Est, we will be meeting at and then departing from the Moonglow Bank. Nothing is required of participants other than a determination to have fun and enjoy the game.

That being said, the Royal Zoo would appreciate a donation if you are so inclined.

This event is happening for a few reasons.
A) Show others who might never have fought there.
B) See just how well Catskills can work as a team
C) Have Fun (That's the most important part)

~Va'lis Razele
Governor of Moonglow

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cora is a biyatch... no joke. :D I've never fought her, and I don't think any of us had much experience with her. I suggested some ideas but, I think we'd need to be on Ventrilo to truly coordinate that. Basically it is "tag teaming" our greater dragons ... send one in til it dies, then switch to another til that one dies, etc. each time the tamer ressing their pet on the sidelines.

SlayerofBunnys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a lot of fun.

As for Cora, I could take her hits, it was the spell effect on the floor that got me twice (one time I saw 60 60 60 as I died). I should have brought a katana to try AI as my radiant scimitars were doing minimal damage. By the time I switched to try QT to try my AI bow, we were too frustrated to continue.

I will also say that those dang Covetous Relevants were probably the main cause of our downfall in the pool as well as the main reason for the carnage in the hallway on level 3. I think that they aren't affected by the undead slayers.

If we do this again, I will try to set it up so that we face dragons as I think they are the easiest of the 5 types. We would be on the receiving end of a lot less magic.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By the way that Alfonso was telling me, it requires a sampire or two with a heal team just out of range --- tamers were not the way to go with her.

When we ran the VP before with EM Barnaby as an RBG training exercise, @Armand de Romanus (who also plays Capt. John Anderson of the RBG of Britain) had us for the most part huddle at the entrance to the actual pool, using EF's to crowd control, healers in the back. I went on Kalmar (who is my Capt. for the RBG of Umbra) and he's primarily built as a support character, so heals/cures/cleanses.

We didn't have nearly as many folks as last night though. Is there a "end wave" to the Void Pool? Or just fight 'til you are overrun? :)

SlayerofBunnys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and the record is 199 waves by Siege according to UOGuide.

Since the monster AI is to chase players first and head to the pool as a default I would like to propose leading the monsters away from the pool and towards the two egresses and 'defend' them instead. It would be very tough on the group on the eastern side as there is a very short distance between the spawn spots and the entrance. There is a longer distance to the west and I think a few tamers with fields could keep monsters occupied back there for quite a while. Maybe have a few brave tanks trying to lead some from the middle spawn spot up to the west as well. There would still need to be a group at the pool, but hopefully they would be less likely to be completely overrun.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The way to do it is to split into two teams one takes the top other the bottom and you clog near the spawn, tamers, mages, and archers, all with the slayer are recommended. The spawn will always be one of the six groups of slayers, elemental ,demon, repond, undead, Reptile, arachnid. it's random but once it picks it's like that for the duration. one or two mystics per side is recommended to help support tank with colossus and use aoes to clear the lower end mobs that spawn in each wave. Orange petals, or stone form are recommended because at some point in every grouping something will throw poison, Chivalry is a plus because some of the mobs get necromancy as it starts climbing and spawn revenants every time you turn around and chiv can dispel them without dispelling friendlys unlike mages. (Normal dispel has a chance to be resisted).

I was on my mystic with two tamers and another mystic happened to be there we ended up getting to about 36 on reptiles before it died because we had to deal with necro adds.

Hope it helps.