• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Monsters retaining target after peace or provo

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i am going to report this as a bug.

But before i did i wanted to make sure i was not the only one who see's this.

Monster 1. peace it.
Monster 2. peace it.

Provo Monster 1 onto Monster 2.

both monsters (in this case rune beetles) turn and releases what is in que on me, then finally turn to fight. i of course am dead at this point :)

Should not peace strip their target like it does ours?

And should not provo reset their targets as well too?

no failures on my part.

i guess i finally got upset after years of seeing this.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ive never peaced both critters and they provoed them so i have never seen this.

typically id disco one, then provo them onto each other, then disco #2 to make them even.

that will leave #2 alive at the end to catch the flame strike i pass over to him to finish him off.

it is a funny mental image that you've imparted, the formal bow to you before they fight to the death, at which time they kill you, hahhaa.

im gonna go have a look at this tonight to see for myself.

Poo

U

uoBuoY

I have Peaced a critter to stop its attack on me. Then had my pet attack which usually breaks the Peace. In some cases the critter continued its attack on me instead of re-targeting my pet.

5% Luck

Now as far as what you stated is concerned IDK but what I have noticed is some times a mob will engage me with a spell like poison or expo and even after starting a fight with the provok target once that spell damage ticks(especially poison) it will again come after me.

the real trick to it is making sure, if you even can, that that damage does not tick. So cures and orange petals are your friends.

I have also notice peace has been becoming less and less effective over that last few years. So much so that i dont have it on any of my chars anymore. I do have 3 stones 100,110,120. I may end up just deleting them its so useless now.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i went out and gave my bard a try with peacing both the critters first then proving them.

i didnt have any problems.

and again im gonna say, why on earth would you waste your time peacing these critters just to provo them?

10 seconds per targetted peace then a provo attempts.
thats a lot of time standing around waiting to drop the provo bomb on the baddies.
22 seconds to be exact.

i timed it, in 22 seconds i had provoed the first 2 rune beetles and was well into #5 and #6.

if you disco them then at the 22 second mark the first 2 are dead in stead of JUST starting to fight.

seems like a awful waste of time.

and as to peace being a waste, like yourself i fell out of favor with peace years ago. I cant remember the last time i target peaced anything.
all i ever use peace for now is to drop a area peace grenade when things get too hairy and i need a couple seconds to drop a heal or pop a invis off.
(gotta love the area peace target self hotkey!!!)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't use provoke much (have one bard with it that I rarely play). I do have a lot of characters with peacemaking, however. It's a handy skill to have if you like to run around exploring stuff and marking runes.

Although I seldom peace anything one of my pets is going to kill, it does happen very occasionally. The two main reasons I don't peace stuff to be killed, if I can help it, are (1) to make sure the monster is as tough as possible so my pet gets the most gains possible from killing it, and (2) sometimes the monster changes targets when the peacemaking wears off. If I can't avoid peacing something that's going to be killed, I always try to inviz the tamer after peacing the monster to break target with it for when the peacemaking wears off.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well... i am not a typical bard i am not a tamer or a mage. i don't have disco regarding the disco comment.
i use peace cause i tend to get a bit deep and have no way to break targets cept with area peace.

Regarding why i do it, well not that i need to explain my play style, but if i can glue one target to a spot, and drag another to it to attack it, i will. and if another comes on screen and needs a peace, i will. therefore i sometimes end with two peaced critters at the end, and a quick provo of the two should start them fighting (when the peace breaks which it normally does)

i am aware of the que of spells they have built up waiting to dump on me, my point is, the peace, should theoretically knock them out of target and such just like we get when we get peaced. Or they should change targets when i provoke them onto each other. since i did a successful provocation.