• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mobiles Monsters following stealthing players

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
It used to happen in Doom now and then. Now I also have the problem in Covetous lvl 3.

I stealth into Covetous lvl 3, cast an Energy Vortex or two and then cast Invisibility on myself. Then I stealth outside.

When I reenter the dungeon, still stealthing, one or more mobs run up to me and then they follow me everywhere I go until I make myself visible.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This seems to happen, if you got attacked already and then gate out or use the dungeon entrance. With ultra high speed the monsters which targeted you before rush ahead to you and stick on your back.
My latest experience was also gating into a wrong adjusted Covetous rune (small room between central room and the way to the candle room). Immediately some human monsters ripped up the door and hurt me, so that I just could double click the gate to not die in time.
Next time I gated in from a town to the same location and did hide instantly. About 5 or 6 monsters stuck on my back all the time and enjoyed to accompany my stealther while getting the candles.
Its also the same with pets. If you leave the dungeon, while the pet is fighting and use a petball or even logoff to get your pet out, if you return into the dungeon, the pet will get his companions back.
A strange part here is that the monsters sometimes seem to be in a rather friendly mode. They stick on the pet, but don't attack, and the pet in guard mode does also not attack without command.

SunWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Happens in the dojo aswell. It is hard to steal some items when you have 2 mobs following and watching you =)

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
When I reenter the dungeon, still stealthing, one or more mobs run up to me and then they follow me everywhere I go until I make myself visible.
This is an issue that is already in the system.

Last edited: