• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Money Wipe Question

P

poobah

I am a semi-returning player - waiting for the merge before I come back in regularly.

I read in the FAQ that we will be able to buy and sell simoleans (exch rate 989-1).

I also read that they are wiping money but leaving gear. Sort of makes sense when you can buy and sell.

What is to keep simillionaires from stocking up on high-end gear and selling it after the merge, and then selling the simoleans for cash?

I assume that there is something missing. Are catalog prices going to be driven down during the move?

G

Sell back is disabled in TC3 and will also be in EA Land...meaning you can delete stuff and get zero back.

Everything in the catalog is drasticlly reduced in TC3 as well.

G

Well I think the catalog prices are now at 80% lower and should be 90% next week, at least Sarah said it was the final markdown. Still they are zero sellback same as everything. People are still pulling pets in TC3, I've seen several pet stores, a few weeks ago when prices were still at about half of the old retail I bought a dog for 2k. I dont think pet pulls will be totally a thing of the past.