• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Suggestion] Mod Feature Request

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Something I would love to see made for the EC is a modification to the tiny chat bar. They affixed it to the journal window in the EC, instead of leaving the two separately resizable objects like they were in KR.

I have my journal in the black space along the edge of my screen so its a long vertical rectangle. This leave the chat bar only about four inches wide, way too short to type a long message and have any hope of a fast proof read before I hit enter.

Is there a way to separate those objects, or can a mod be creates, so I can have the chat input bar be along the bottom of my play window like in the CC? (while the journal is off to the side...)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not a bad idea... could be interesting have the typing area anchored to the palying window and the journal separated like 2d :p

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did it, was a nice challenge (almost like made CC client writeable books...). However, I'll include it in my UI when I decide to release it :p

D

Diggity

You can get part way there using the existing functionality of the EC client and chat window. With the EC client, you can have more than one chat window - but only one that has the input window anchored to it.

Assuming you just have one chat window with one tab, unlock the chat window if you have it locked. Right click the existing chat tab to create a new tab. Then drag click the new chat window's tab away from the first to create a 2nd chat window.

The 2nd chat window will be your journal file. Locate, resize and filter it as you want. The original chat window now functions as the relocatable/resizable (horizontally resizable anyway) input window. Move and size it where you want.

there is a default min vertical size for chat windows. So by default it will still have a text area above the input line. In my case, I'm ok with this and have all msg types scrolling in this area. My main journal has a separate tab for system/guild/global chat etc so that I can more easily read up on any msgs by type. If you really want to get rid of all the default text display area above the input bar, you can edit a lua file to force the size so that only the input area will show. For me, it's under user data\uo_chatwindow\savedvariables.lua

With my monitor and ui settings, I changed the sizeY to 32 and only the input bar shows up.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just tweaked the lua... worked great! Now I can actually see what I'm typing again.

Thank you! :)