• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mob Health Bar Precision: 4% is so 1997...

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe it was a design choice back then to keep network bandwith usage low, because people were still on modems back then.
But today it is just somewhat annoying, especially on mobs with 1000+ health, if the health bar just displays a multiple of 4%.

At least having a precision of 1% would be a huge improvement.
Absolutely awesome would of course be, if we could see the exact amount of current & max hitpoints.

@Kyronix @Mesanna @Bleak
It's 2017, could we maybe have this being revised for Pub97?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
why is this a thing?
im not understanding why this would be important to track a mobs HP as they drop so you know when to start dropping WoD?

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe it was a design choice back then to keep network bandwith usage low, because people were still on modems back then.
But today it is just somewhat annoying, especially on mobs with 1000+ health, if the health bar just displays a multiple of 4%.

At least having a precision of 1% would be a huge improvement.
Absolutely awesome would of course be, if we could see the exact amount of current & max hitpoints.

@Kyronix @Mesanna @Bleak
It's 2017, could we maybe have this being revised for Pub97?
I kinda agree but at the same time don't see any good coming from the Devs touching it. On release healtbars will be broken for a week, then fixed in CC and left half-broken in EC. It sounds silly, but I rather see them add pointless wedding packages or the like. At least they can't do much harm there...

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only the EC shows an actual Health %. The CC status bar has remained mostly the same since 1997.
Yes, only EC shows a number, but the precision is the same for EC & CC nevertheless.

why is this a thing?
im not understanding why this would be important to track a mobs HP as they drop so you know when to start dropping WoD?
Because that's what a health bar is for, tracking its HP. Judging by your response, you don't use (or rather watch) health bars at all, do you?
Maybe you like the element of surprise. Dumping spells on a peerless for 15 minutes and suddenly it drops dead, just because you didn't care to look at its health bar :p

I like to see, that something is happening, that my or the groups effort is showing some progress.
There are lots of bosses with a health pool of 25k-100k HP. With a 4% precision that's 1k-4k of damage you have to inflict. Factoring in an average resist of rougly 75%, that means that you have to actually do 4k-16k damage until that dreaded healthbar moves. Kinda sucks, if you ask me. Especially if said bosses get low on HP and start to regen/heal up again and nothing seems to move on that HP bar.
Or if I redline a GD to lead tame it, it kinda sucks that that bloody bar can only show 0%, 4%, 8%, etc...