• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

MMORPG Survey: Gamers Wanted

Z

Z-MANA

Hi,

Firstly I've been browsing through the forum and didn’t see anything wrong with posting this, if there is then remove it moderators!

I'm currently gathering data for my thesis. I’m using an online survey to explore MMORPGs. If anyone has any free time could you please fill it in? It's confidential and it’s exploring MMORPG playing behavior and motivations.

I want as many participants as possible. So your participation would be greatly appreciated.

The link below provides you with more details about my project;

http://ess.ntu.ac.uk/surveys/zhussain.htm

Here is the link to the survey;

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=yfZy7a7cTXqznydfN9iqmQ_3d_3d

Sorry for the shameless plug,

Thank you for your time.

Is ToonTown a MMO for kids? Looks like it, doesn't it?

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Family". Plenty of adults play this game, perhaps more than kids.

Z

Z-MANA

So how do I purchase this game? How much is the subscription?

It doesn't look a popular game!

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So much interest coming from you, for something that doesn't look popular!

www.toontown.com is the home page. There, you can create an account, set up subscription information, and download the game. The game is free, or rather, nothing to purchase. The sub fee is $10 a month, though there are discounts if you pay annually or semiannually.

Z

Z-MANA

So much interest coming from you, for something that doesn't look popular!

www.toontown.com is the home page. There, you can create an account, set up subscription information, and download the game. The game is free, or rather, nothing to purchase. The sub fee is $10 a month, though there are discounts if you pay annually or semiannually.
Thanks Trish,

The discounts are what I'm looking for especially when we have a global financial crisis!

Z

Z-MANA

Hey Trish,

Are there any expansions available for Toon Town?

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope, as I said, it's a free game to download. All the "expansions" have been free as well.

Z

Z-MANA

Nope, as I said, it's a free game to download. All the "expansions" have been free as well.
Excellent, thanks for that. Are there any moderator jobs available here in Toon Town stratics?

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not for TT Stratics. We're about the only instance of Stratics that has a full staff. lol

Z

Z-MANA

Ok, what's the pay like? I'm just curious.

Are the toons in TT warner Bros toons or Disney toons? They don't mix do they?

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pay.. there is no pay. Stratics is 99% volunteers.

Disney owns Toontown. All the NPCs in the game are Disney characters, like Chip n' Dale, Mickey Mouse, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, etc

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pay.. there is no pay.
We do get paid with awesome HTML improvements in our Content Management System! Like you can now highlight a word to make it bold. Back a few years ago you didn't have that. It was all HTML from the head. Those things alone are compensation! [SARCASM]Oh and sometimes I get cash bonuses of up to $500 for good behavior from the highers ups..[/SARCASM] :lick:

Z

Z-MANA

I need a name for my project/thesis. I was thinking of calling it the "MMOPROJECT". But I think it's too basic. I need something more catchy like the "The Daedalus Project"!

Can anyone think of a good name for my MMORPG Project? Something different and new which stands out. Please post on here or email me your ideas at [email protected]

Thanks in advance.

Any suggestions people?

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What other MMORPG are you featuring? That's almost what we need to know to get a cool name.

S

Stubby

Well, I guess I will give it a try. I come up with the dumbest titles, but can write a mean paper. Maybe these will get your creative juices flowing.

Shadows of MMORPG
Life of a player
Don't touch that button, game is being saved.
Desperately seeking walk through (or forum, you get the idea)
The underground movement of MMORPG players
The life of MMORPG players

Goodness, these all sound stupid. In my college career, I was able to come up with 2 good titles for papers. One was a paper about myself, (ugh), and titled it 'Vintage 1965', (my year of birth), and the other was both sides of a debate on whether or not random drug screening by your employer was an invasion of privacy. That one was 'Spying through a beaker'. Not tooooo bad. Keep in mind before you all lose your heads laughing, that I am on some pretty strong pain meds from the broken bone in my back. That's my story and I am sticking to it.
:lick: So there! :lick:

Hopefully this will spring a good title for you. Good luck!
Sandi