• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] ML Recipe ingredients - do you want a second source (like T-maps)?

Should Mondain's Legacy Ingredients be added to Treasure Map chests?

• Yes, both the common and rare items

Votes: 22 46.8%
  • Yes, but only the ones common to all peerless (including taint)

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • Yes, but only the rarer items (boss items, taint, rare recipes, etc.)

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • No, if people want them they should hunt peerless

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • No, and remove the Imbuing ingredients as well.

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There's been a bunch of people claiming that things like Taint, boss-specific ingredients, etc. are too common, and shouldn't be added to the Treasure Map chests - while perfectly fine with the much easier to get Imbuing ingredients being added.

If you've been reading this forum (or its ancestor component forums before the reboot) and the Treasure Hunter forum since Mondain's Legacy was released, you know that adding ML ingredients was always near the top of requested changes to Treasure Hunting (along with the addition of SE & elf loot to chests). So far, SA Imbuing ingredients are to be added, but ML ingredients are not.

So, I'm setting up this poll so that you can make yourselves heard. Some of the people on U.Hall seem to think that it's only popps and me for this, and because popps is in favor of it, are showing bias against and automatically attacking the idea.

Choose the answer closest to your position, and if you have any further modifiers, comment below.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As someone with a THunter, Of course I would love to see these spawn - But only on Level 6 chests.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Mapper, that's definitely something agreeable - but believe me it's been a pain in the threads on U.Hall dealing with the "Just create a sampire and solo the peerless yourself" types, and the ones complaining that they "have too much blight and muculent already".

In 4 years, I've made 7 Scrappers (and only kept one of them - only two had mods worth keeping), 2 other items requiring taint, and haven't even been able to THINK about trying to make the two parts of the wood armor suit that require taint.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As someone with a THunter, Of course I would love to see these spawn - But only on Level 6 chests.

As long as they add all ML ingredients to Treasure Chests, regular and rarer one, I am ok with limiting their spawn in higher chests.

Perhaps onlt level 6 is too limited, I would say level 5 and 6..........

But definately ML ingredients are needed to have an alternate source.

It is ridicolous (and it kills ML crafting) that ingredients cost more than the final ML wares....

O

Old Man of UO

I always thought this would be a great place to have a second source for the rare set pieces. Other than the Assassin Armor, who uses these? They aren't imbuable/enhanceable and cost a pretty penny to get a complete set. They can adjust the rate to make it as rare as they need to, just a chance to find them in a LVL 6 chest.

Warsong of LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It does not have to be too many of peerless items, just a few. Heck it could be just one random one on level 4,5,6 chests would please me.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe you all use the wrong way in argumenting ...
You could argue, that having peerless ingredients as t-chest loot would allow reds or players with only/mostly red chars to gather their ingredients on their own and not beeing forced to move to trammel ruleset to get them.

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK, here is the crux of this argument for me, ML ingreedinets make items that NEVER BREAK, SA ingreedients make stuff that will ALWAYS break, eventually.

For the good of T-hunting, (not to mention longevity) put stuff in the chests that will be in continual need. ( I am not counting taint since the stuff crafted lasts forever. Too many items require taint, not balanced)

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK, here is the crux of this argument for me, ML ingreedinets make items that NEVER BREAK, SA ingreedients make stuff that will ALWAYS break, eventually.

I cannot see any difference at all.

Who cares that imbued items break (and that happens after a long while anyways...) when the ingredients to make another same one right after can be now readily and easily found ?

Imbued items, when ingredients are readily and largely available from a variety of sources, make it for imbued items which are just like ML craftables : long lasting and perfectly and easily replaceable.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

For the good of T-hunting, (not to mention longevity) put stuff in the chests that will be in continual need. ( I am not counting taint since the stuff crafted lasts forever. Too many items require taint, not balanced)
Do you know how bass-ackward your argument is?

The three most common things created using Taint are a SPELLBOOK (which will last forever, REGARDLESS), and two pieces of an armor set (which are things that CAN'T be replaced by imbued items by their very nature, and for most people, an imbued suit is superior to that armor set).

Maybe if you actually crafted, you might have a different opinion. But over and over, you prove you've probably never more than dabbled with it.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't play the ML dungeons. The mobs are to buffed up to be fun.

I would enjoy being able to get the Peerless items in treasure chests. :)

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Less QQ, more Pew Pew - if you want peerless ingredients, do a peerless.

By this logic then imbuing ingredients should only come from imbuing (unravelling items), after all, aren't they "imbuing" ingredients ??

Instead, not only they come from a wide variety of sources but now they will also come from Treasure Chests.....

And, for the record, the others are not "Peerless" ingredients, they are ML ingredients.........

People call them "Peerless" just for talking conveniency, I guess.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And for the record people do do peerless for ingredients thats why i said 80% of the reason to do them was for the ingreds cause obviously people want the rare item drops but being that those are so few and far between the far more obvious reason to do a peerless boss is for the ingreds as the rare items drop so few and far between they can only really be considered 20% of the reason peerless are done they are far from guaranteed unlike the peerless ingreds which drop everytime.

This is most incredible.......

When discussing this issue about adding ML ingredients to Treasure Chests I have read of players reporting their stacks of many hundreds of ML ingredients and how they have no use whatsoever for them, that the wares that ML ingredients can craft are a dime a dozen and hardly anyone wants them and I get to hear now that the one and only reason why players hunt the Peerless bosses is for the ML ingredients and not for the artifact items' drops ?

Hallo ???????????

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I actually took the time to read two of Popps' posts. I understand that many readers may be very confused.

Actually, being interested in crafting more than fighting, perhaps we care about ML crafting as a whole rather than "using" it for one's own conveniency ?

Everyone else: Oh, go kill peerless with friends then.
It gets pretty repetitive after that.

So is it what it comes to ? "Go make a Sampire and hunt for ML ingredients" ?

And you do not see nothing wrong with that ?
I am sorry, but if you do not see anything wrong with that I think we simply speak 2 entire different languages and there is not one chance we can understand each other...

Solo Sampire hunting is, IMHO, WRONG, wait, not wrong, it is DEAD wrong and the same as scripting, as hacking and blah blah.

And just like Sampire solo hunting is dead wrong, ALSO making ML ingredients no longer available because people now prefer to hunt Stygian Abyss or do the Bane Camp Event is VERY VERY wrong.

This is why, to ensure steady crafting, ML ingredients should ALWAYS HAVE alternate sources of spawn so that if one fails there is also another one available....

The Devs are doing this, and rightfully so, for imbuing ingredients. I am all 100% supporting that. This should be also done, even moreso, also for ML ingredients.

ML ingredients should ALSO have an alternate source of spawn. Treasure Chests happen to be a very, very good chance for that.

That is what it is.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ley me translate into the real world.

I actually took the time to read two of Popps' posts. I understand that many readers may be very confused.

Allow me to translate and break this down.

Popps and Basara (with support of a few other people - CORRECTION MOST CRAFTERS AND TREASURE HUNTERS) : IWe don't have enough Taint to make more than ONE Scrappers every 4-6 months, and can't find any for sale. Actually completing a darkwood set is nearly impossible.

"Everyone Else": Cool, go kill peerless bosses and ur set.
Correction: A few people who just don't get it: Don't you know that everyone is supposed to play broken cookie-cutter templates now?

Popps and Basara: But I want them to come in treasure chests because I'm not capable of killing a peerless.
Correction: Most Crafters: We have no interest in playing solo sampires, or using things that break the game terms of use to have an unfair edge. Besides, we HAVE tried to use some of these "Sure fire solo templates" for peerless - AND DIED 100% of the time. Just because you have leet gear and skillz, does not mean that EVERYONE does.

Correction: Move to Atlantic, which is the only shard with sufficient population to have regular supplies of ingredients, Your friends and community? F&&& them.

It gets pretty repetitive after that. Addition: As Lynk and others continue to describe fantasy worlds, while the crafters discuss real-in-game situations outside the largest shard.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I would not mind them being in chests at all actually would like to see this!
and I think the higher the chest the higher the chance to get them I dont think they should be limited to only 6 level chests though! that's just my opinion

S

Sturdy

Poll is closed, but I vote no anyway. I have a crafter - and do not a have a character that can sole peerless. I can only obtain these ingredients by grouping.

And I still dont want them in chests.

manufacturedsoul

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Solo Sampire hunting is, IMHO, WRONG, wait, not wrong, it is DEAD wrong and the same as scripting, as hacking and blah blah.
How do you get off accusing people who make a Sampire character of essentially cheating. This whole debate has been one sided from the very begining. Now you accuse anyone who can solo something on a Sampire of CHEATING because you can't or won't do this yourself to get some peerless ingredients? Come on! Make your own Sampire to solo a peerless with, join a guild, play with some RL friends if you can't handle any of those options then buy or trade for your taint if again you refuse to try these methods well then I guess your out of luck but that's really only your own fault not the games or some system design. Tough chops.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ley me translate into the real world.

Allow me to translate and break this down.

Popps and Basara (with support of a few other people - CORRECTION MOST CRAFTERS AND TREASURE HUNTERS) : IWe don't have enough Taint to make more than ONE Scrappers every 4-6 months, and can't find any for sale. Actually completing a darkwood set is nearly impossible.

"Everyone Else": Cool, go kill peerless bosses and ur set.
Correction: A few people who just don't get it: Don't you know that everyone is supposed to play broken cookie-cutter templates now?

Popps and Basara: But I want them to come in treasure chests because I'm not capable of killing a peerless.
Correction: Most Crafters: We have no interest in playing solo sampires, or using things that break the game terms of use to have an unfair edge. Besides, we HAVE tried to use some of these "Sure fire solo templates" for peerless - AND DIED 100% of the time. Just because you have leet gear and skillz, does not mean that EVERYONE does.

Correction: Move to Atlantic, which is the only shard with sufficient population to have regular supplies of ingredients, Your friends and community? F&&& them.

It gets pretty repetitive after that. Addition: As Lynk and others continue to describe fantasy worlds, while the crafters discuss real-in-game situations outside the largest shard.
Did you quote my post and then delete it?

High five to you. You're a special kind of smart.

O

Old Man of UO

Come on! Make your own Sampire to solo a peerless ....
OH GOOD GOD NO! Can you even begin to imagine the questions popps will ask about playing a sampire???!!!! ARRGGHHH!!!!

Just having fun with ya, popps

S

Sergul'zan_SP

I didn't vote, but I'd like to see the common ingredients added to T-Chests.

J

[JD]

Poll is closed but I'd like to see everything randomly appear in the chests... imbuing, runic (limited charges), ML, reagents, gems, special gems (turquoise), etc..

Just because it's in the loot table, DOESN'T mean it always has to be there when you pop that chest open. It can be a loot table 'rare'...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Did you quote my post and then delete it?

High five to you. You're a special kind of smart.
It takes special to know special....

And, your post was deleted in part of a general move of disinformation posts to where they belong - the dungheap.

The matters it brought up, though, were worth refuting.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since a few doubts have been cast over the validity of this poll. I have a closing statement.

As ME I have access to areas the moderators do not. I have checked who voted. There were no unknown and suspicious voters.

The poll closed when the time allocated to it when it was started expired. An automatic function. And since the poll now is closed, so can the thread be.

Status
Not open for further replies.