• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mister Pink @ Tokuno: Greatest IDOC ever?

• Thread starter Antonio Cataneo
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
A

Antonio Cataneo

Who attended that idoc 1 hour ago?
it was full of magincia original rubble, lots of rares
60000 each regs, 25000 each resources (a friend got 25k valorite ingots)
and many more i guess.
I'd be curious to know what contained exactly. Never seen that much richness @ an IDOC before!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seen as u only registered 20 days or so ago im guessing u aint done that many idocs that are L33T with LOOT...... Lol

K

Kiminality

Seen as u only registered 20 days or so ago im guessing u aint done that many idocs that are L33T with LOOT...... Lol
What does Stratics registration have to do with anything?
You should really apply some logic to your conclusions...

A

Antonio Cataneo

something tells me that you are even more sad because you didn't attended this uber idoc :D.
BTW THP my uo account (which is newer than my banned one :p) dates from 2000 ;)

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Always sad to see an ELV member lose their house. :(
that is sad

i remember collecting loot with Mr Pink in Magincia Fel last year, in fact we shared quite a few really good items, another one leaves, it would appear without saying goodbye aswell :(

simonovsk

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep I left UO for now, I hope everyone had fun looting my house.

There weren't so many rares actually, quite a bit of rubble and various collectibles, but not that many rares in the strictest sense of the term.

Sorry for not saying a proper goodbye to all of you I spent some good time with, I guess I'll be back sometime anyway muahahaha! And long live ELV! Jack I thought you'd already left btw...

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
greetings

yep indeed i left in feb, still get drawn to the boards

still gets me when i read about others going too

but you have put me at ease, gladly you are well and that is what i was hoping to find out

be good :)

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
something tells me that you are even more sad because you didn't attended this uber idoc :D.
BTW THP my uo account (which is newer than my banned one :p) dates from 2000 ;)
As you dont know Heartbreaker and are not a member of ELV (for which you have my sympathy) let me assure you that to my certain knowledge she would be far more sorry to see a friend go than to miss attending what seems to be a decent but not exceptional IDOC.

For your good fortune, good luck, but this would certainly not be the best or even near the best IDOC ever.

As a side issue glad to see you are still reading the boards Jack.

Heart Breaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the kind words, Bobar. :)

I guess people don't understand the ELV bond.

It's far worse to see guildmates/friends leave the game, than to have missed an idoc. I have far too many lockdowns, as many ingame friends know, and I have items stored at many houses I'm friended at. And if you have me friended and you're lacking some lockdown space, check a corner of your house for picnic baskets, maybe I'm storing something at YOUR house!! ;)

Which reminds me that I have to do another clear out of my houses before the next publish. =/

A

Antonio Cataneo

And it seems that people on these board can't understand irony. Which is a bigger problem imho.
I never tought that seeing someone quitting was less important that looting an idoc, because i am a normal human being, not a IDOC bot. I really don't get how people can even think about this differently. And, you can say what you want, but this was really BIG and worth of it. It's not that ELV bond is stronger than any good guild one!
Bobar I would really like to hear what can you recall as the best IDOC ever, putting aside when housing was more $$$ than item itself and you would have battled to put some big house on the terrain before looting (PS: i actually know Heartbreaker ;), you are judging the book by its cover )

Heart Breaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bobar is the best idoc hunter on the shard, he's had MANY great idocs - have you seen any of his houses?? He's got some drool-worthy items, and he's one of the most generous players I've ever known. There isn't a time I've visited his homes, and left without gifts, he's always trying to give me items! But, that's getting off topic.

What about this post? This was a pretty good idoc ;)

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?p=2057#post2057

And he only listed the nicer rares, that didn't include the 6 hooded shroud of shadows, twelve +25 stat scrolls and MANY other items. Faith was bitter, he came late, but he placed a Keep there, and I gave him a shroud, and he got a really nice white spellbook that he sold for millions.

I don't do IDOCs often in Fel, but that one was definitely worth it.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bobar I would really like to hear what can you recall as the best IDOC ever, QUOTE]

It is really impossible to define what for me would be the best IDOC ever, over what must be 5 years now I have been to literally thousands of IDOCS.

Some of the best have been castles naturally enough. But in defining best it all depends on each persons view of contents. Piles of gold coins, and resources don't do it for me, I dont even bother to gather resources any more. I have always been a collector so best for me is one which contains true rares especially ones I do not have.

I think for me personally my best IDOC was a small 7x7 tower some years ago which has stuck in my memory ever since. The reason for this is a gold box I picked up there which was stuffed with server birth rares. Prime amongst these items were 8x Silverware, 8x Kettles, Sheet Music, Music stand with sheet music, Pot and lots of others I cant remember, in total I think there were 73 items.

Even so this is just a personal best IDOC, in terms of an actual overall best I have been to many others which contained as many rares and decent content but I didnt necessarily do best at them. Often I may just have obtained just a chest or two which when examined contained a set of Ethys or a great pile of various tokens. To evaluate what might have been in the IDOC in total is impossible to judge.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bobar is the best idoc hunter on the shard

mmmmm hes very good for sure!! One of the best!!! but the Best??

I'd challange that:D

simonovsk

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is really impossible to define what for me would be the best IDOC ever, over what must be 5 years now I have been to literally thousands of IDOCS.

Some of the best have been castles naturally enough. But in defining best it all depends on each persons view of contents. Piles of gold coins, and resources don't do it for me, I dont even bother to gather resources any more. I have always been a collector so best for me is one which contains true rares especially ones I do not have.

I think for me personally my best IDOC was a small 7x7 tower some years ago which has stuck in my memory ever since. The reason for this is a gold box I picked up there which was stuffed with server birth rares. Prime amongst these items were 8x Silverware, 8x Kettles, Sheet Music, Music stand with sheet music, Pot and lots of others I cant remember, in total I think there were 73 items.

Even so this is just a personal best IDOC, in terms of an actual overall best I have been to many others which contained as many rares and decent content but I didnt necessarily do best at them. Often I may just have obtained just a chest or two which when examined contained a set of Ethys or a great pile of various tokens. To evaluate what might have been in the IDOC in total is impossible to judge.
Well yes looting a duper's house that falls down is as good as it gets... or not...

I have attended many Idocs too over the last year, and I do not seem to remember Bobar. To me Tweety, Jack and THP (I foget your char's name mate) are the 3 best ones on europa, as good as each other. Africanus is good too but in a different style hehe.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
well best idocer??????

i think when A Clockwork Green were up and running we were THE best

we found loads, we timed them, i placed, or Joe Green or Frey did, the girls, Priscilla and Maid Marion would find them too, when i was fully active ( dont hurt me prisc :)) i would find loads in fel too

Bobar would time them to the ecact time, and he has a system to predict days in advance, it was not my dept so i never knew how to time them

i did not know the Polish lot, before me time

Whe you say the best, i would like to think we were FAIR, no magic rat tactics like the pair, well trio we all hate, ACG did idocs for personal pleasure and we gave loads away to game friends, not for a shop or max profit, so our motivation was different

many idocs stand out for me, but the best for me was when
Alaradia got mixed up and her house on Ice Island fell, we looted it, i placed, she logging in and was really gutted at what happened, it was a pleasure to return EVERYTHING we got, (most of the contents that fell)

she became a great ally after that

i used to place as i said, and i used to love a good haggle with customers, many, many of which got 18x18 plots for FREE

the best item idoc for me without a doubt was one of my earlier ones, it fell on the same day and dozens camped a LUNA house, i got the 18x18 and ALL of the contents, to give you an idea it had 5 chests full of POF and many ethy and high end toks etc, the sad thing about it, it was the house of APPLEWHITE, a great bod crafter who just disappeared, hopefully nothing IRL

we used to share many with tok minors, i have looted 2 such houses and came away with over 100 minors in each, not the best loot, but i did love the tok minors, i always used to have them stacked somewhere :)

other idocs that stand out, were a pair of non descript small houses that no-one cares for, however when i placed, it gave me the 31x31 footprint i needed for a castle ( finding a site and placing plots and waiting for the rest to either buy out of fall)

to answer your question about the best idoc, i got 551m for a tram ice castle and 350m for a fel grass, now thats profit :) and even 300m for a tram swamp castle!!!! i wonder if it is still there and the only one in the swamp???????

sadly now it is hard to do this with the idoc changes etc, but it thier day, these were awesome for me

the downside is i fell out with a few peeps, i am happy to say i have made up with THP:) sadly not Lyra Darktongue, Will never understand what went wrong there...............

this was also in the day of 3D which i preferred

blah blah.............you caught me on a nostaglic mood

i thank you

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well yes looting a duper's house that falls down is as good as it gets... or not...

I have attended many Idocs too over the last year, and I do not seem to remember Bobar. To me Tweety, Jack and THP (I foget your char's name mate) are the 3 best ones on europa, as good as each other. Africanus is good too but in a different style hehe.
well mate of course you know Whispering Green, aka Bobar, legend and my guild leader, there is nothing aobut timing idocs you can teach him!!!!!

Tweety, Destiny and Tommy, hmmm, what to say, they were VERY focused on getting stock for their shop, and they did not care who the stomped over to get it, to say interacting with them WAS NOT a pleasure, magic fields etc etc. to say they upset others was an undestatement

Wokhoss, aka THP, he taught me when i was a confused newbie to idocs

Leto

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wasn't going to say anything but those are my sentiments exactly!

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm glad to read that Pink is safe & well. We gathered all that rubble together in Fel Mag. Fun times!

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
they were great times, although i did not get alot of sleep as Julie would log in from the USA and keep me up for a few late hours after others in WoY had gone to sleep :),and we all collected hundreds of cursed artis as well and the halloween artis, a great event

i think Whisperer, Fera Cael, Aragog and Dumbar are itching to step back into the breach for a while!!!!!

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Strangely enough I dont think this was a dupers house, other than the multiple silverware and kettles the rest were single items. There were no items which were possible dupes of 'unique' items and some were just daily rares it always seemed to me it was just the house of an old player who happened to keep quite a lot of server birth things.

Most Idocers on Europa dont know Bobar apart from the ELV ones and a couple of others. My Idoc char is Whispering Green and is one I made specifically for Idocs. Any serious Idocer over the last 5 years will have seen him at some time :)

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A real contender for this title fell on Sunday. As the entire contents were rares this was far far above Mr Pinks Idoc in value.

There were many single items here which of themselves would be worth the entire contents of Mr Pinks Idoc.

There were quite a few people in attendance and I guess most got something of real value, I personally got Helm of the Orcish King, Pole with Shackles and A Towel. A friend got a Spider Silk Shirt and a Ring of Valour.

A thread identifying the owner is here:
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=115527