• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mistake?

Hello all. I think I made a mistake when I was training up my cu sidhe. I forgot to take wrestling to 100 now I’m at slot 5 but parrying is not showing up (it’s at 0). How badly did I mess up? I totally planned on taking parry to 120. How many points did I lose on that one. Should I throw away pet? Ty for your time

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You should be able to take wrestling to 100 with or without training and once it hits 100, parry should show up and start gaining.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I forgot to take wrestling to 100
I was just going by this statement that you forgot to train it up to 100. Wrestle and parry are standard skills for all pets so it should not matter what points were put into what. I would suggest going to uo-cah's discord and ask in there. You will probably have a quicker response. You can also @Pawain because he really knows his pets and training them. You can also @Pawain because he really knows his pets and training them. I would also keep attacking things and letting his skills gain. You never stated what anatomy and tactics were at. They may need to raise to a certain level as well.

I was just going by this statement that you forgot to train it up to 100. Wrestle and parry are standard skills for all pets so it should not matter what points were put into what. I would suggest going to uo-cah's discord and ask in there. You will probably have a quicker response. You can also @Pawain because he really knows his pets and training them. You can also @Pawain because he really knows his pets and training them. I would also keep attacking things and letting his skills gain. You never stated what anatomy and tactics were at. They may need to raise to a certain level as well.

Attachments

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well that is above my paygrade on why Parry has not popped up. I generally try and train my pets to gm levels after I raise it one slot and get my resists squared away. Hopefully someone else more knowledgeable will have an answer for you.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Copy it to test center and see what happens when you add some points there or see if you can add a wresting scroll..

Copy it to test center and see what happens when you add some points there or see if you can add a wresting scroll..
I’m sure I can add a wrestling scroll because it’s at 100 I was referring to the parry not showing because I went to slot 5 before hitting GM wrestle that’s why I thought I messed something up unless I’m completely wrong and can add a parry scroll but would that waste more points to add a 120 parry because I don’t even have it as a skill at all atm

Deschet

Journeyman
That's why he's telling you to test it on Test Center first to see what happens... Scroll up parry on the pet on TC. See if it causes parry to appear. If not, probably don't want to waste the scroll, and possibly any more effort with the pet, on your prodo shard.

Having wrestling at 100 and not having parry show up is not normal.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oops I meant parry scroll, sorry.

Another player PMed me about this same thing a while ago. Their parry showed up in the next round. But since you have not pushed the button yet, you should try it on TC first.
But the two could be unrelated. Good Luck.

Oops I meant parry scroll, sorry.

Another player PMed me about this same thing a while ago. Their parry showed up in the next round. But since you have not pushed the button yet, you should try it on TC first.
But the two could be unrelated. Good Luck.
I did push the button I’m on last round and did use some points I have leftover points still no parry

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I doubt they can do anything but page a GM. Also do some weird stuff on TC. Kill the pet etc to see if anything makes it work.

Parry should be there.

I doubt they can do anything but page a GM. Also do some weird stuff on TC. Kill the pet etc to see if anything makes it work.

Parry should be there.
Damn that sucks. I was thinking I did something wrong too, of course some wacky bug happens to me and on top it’s a nice white cu

Cool, the issue is I don’t wanna put all 120s on it and parry still not show up. He’s been sitting in my stables still

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Put a 105 or 110 wrestling on it. Points are not lost.

UPDATE: I took my cu out of the stables and parry did end up showing up. Super happy about that. I would periodically take him in and out of the stables over the course of posting this and nothing happened until last night. No scrolls were added. Must have been completely random.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
UPDATE: I took my cu out of the stables and parry did end up showing up. Super happy about that. I would periodically take him in and out of the stables over the course of posting this and nothing happened until last night. No scrolls were added. Must have been completely random.
Thanks, now we know it can be quirky sometimes.