• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) Missing Person

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
When Icky awoke this morning, she noticed that Miz Lucy had evidently left the house. Her bed had not been slept in, and some of her personal belongings appeared to be missing. After a search of the premises, Icky returned to the bedroom and noticed that there was a note lying on top of Lucy's dresser. The note read:

"My dearest Icky,

My heart always swells with pride every time I think of how much you have accomplished during our time together. You have learned so much and have become so wonderfully independent. Please understand that if this was not true, I would not be departing now. But it is time.

I haven't spoken to you about what I've recently learned of my family's long-hidden history. What I've discovered, however, has affected me deeply and is the reason why I've decided it is time for me to move on. I am old, time is short, and in what time remains to me I would like to explore this beautiful land and experience life as my gypsy ancestors once did. I hope you can understand, and forgive my abrupt departure...."

As Icky sat down on the bed, the letter slipped from her trembling fingers and fell to the floor.

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
When Icky awoke this morning, she noticed that Miz Lucy had evidently left the house. Her bed had not been slept in, and some of her personal belongings appeared to be missing. After a search of the premises, Icky returned to the bedroom and noticed that there was a note lying on top of Lucy's dresser. The note read:

"My dearest Icky,

My heart always swells with pride every time I think of how much you have accomplished during our time together. You have learned so much and have become so wonderfully independent. Please understand that if this was not true, I would not be departing now. But it is time.

I haven't spoken to you about what I've recently learned of my family's long-hidden history. What I've discovered, however, has affected me deeply and is the reason why I've decided it is time for me to move on. I am old, time is short, and in what time remains to me I would like to explore this beautiful land and experience life as my gypsy ancestors once did. I hope you can understand, and forgive my abrupt departure...."

As Icky sat down on the bed, the letter slipped from her trembling fingers and fell to the floor.
bees okie dokie ICKY. herz bees back. remembers whens you went looking FOR MEANING OB LIFE? IN MEAN TIME YOOS GOT USINS

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
"What is this?" asked Luann, after reading the note Icky had handed to her.

"Yoos kin reed itz," said Icky, frowning. "Miz Lucy bees gones."

"Yes, I see," replied Luann. "But look how she signed it."

Icky peered at the signature. "Dat's weerd," she said. "Maybees herz forgotz how ta spells herz name?"

"No." Luann shook her head. "Lucia is an old family name... our great-great-grandmother, I believe, was called Lucia."

"Doos yoo tink herz gonna bees back?" asked Icky.

"How would I know?" asked Luann. "I'm no fortune teller." She paused, then added softly. "I wish I knew, Icky. Truly I wish I knew."

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
*HUGS ICKY* HERZ BEEES OKIE DOKIE. HERZ WAS GREAT PIRATE HUNTER IN HERZ DAZE. HERZ KIN HANDEL HERZSELF. HERZ WILL BEEES BACK SHE COULD NOT LEBE ALLA USIN ON OUR OWN. AFTER ALL WEES GOBLINS, NEEED SUM STRUCTURE AND HERZ GIBED IT TO USINS. HERZ KNOWS WEES DEPENDED ON HERZ

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
*OZOG SEEDS ICKY JUST STARING OFF INTO SPACE* HIMZ GOS AND PUTZ HIMZ ARM AROUND HERZ DRAWING HERZ CLOSE. " ICKY I KNOW YUR SAD AS AM I ,BUT WE MUST GO ON.
REMMBER WHEN MZ LUCY TOOK YOU IN?? SHE SAW WOT A WONDERFUL JOB YOOS DOED WIF DA FLAFERS. SHE KNEW YOOS WAS SPECIAL. HERZ KNOWS YOOS BE SMART , WHY HERS TEACHES YOOS TO READ AN RITE. HERZ TEACHES YOOS HOW TO BEES POLITE AND NICE TO ALL
. HERZ LUBS YOOS LIKE A DAUGHTER. WHEN EMPORIUM OPEN SHE DECIDED YOOS SHOULD RUNZ IT. SHE SAW SUMIN IN YOOS. HERZ KNEWS YOOS WOOD DOS A GOOS JOB,AS ALWAYS. MZ LUCY LUBS YOOS. YOO NOT ALONE GOBLINS BEEES HER, LUANN TOO.
MEES TINK HERZ HABIN SENIOR CRISIS AND WILLS BE BACK SOONS.
NO WORRIES BOUTS HERS. HERZ WAS GREAT PIRATE HUNTER, AN BERRY BERRY GOOS WIF HERZ BOW.
HERZ NEBER BEEES GONE , AS HERZ INA USINS HEART. WEES LUB HERZ AND WEES LUB YOOS
WEE TAKE CARE OB YOOS
*HUGS TIGHT*

:hug: ;)

Last edited:

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Icky hugged Ozog. "Dont yoos bees upsetz," she said. "Mees noes nuthin badz gonna happin ta Miz Lucy. Herz kin tak cares ub herzself. Herz jes wanna bees a reel gypsie lik her grate-grate-granmamas peeples." She patted Ozog's shoulder. "Wees gonna carries onz jes lik always. En sumdaye wees gonna sees herz agin."

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Icky hugged Ozog. "Dont yoos bees upsetz," she said. "Mees noes nuthin badz gonna happin ta Miz Lucy. Herz kin tak cares ub herzself. Herz jes wanna bees a reel gypsie lik her grate-grate-granmamas peeples." She patted Ozog's shoulder. "Wees gonna carries onz jes lik always. En sumdaye wees gonna sees herz agin."
yerg, wees dos dat *hugs*

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
MEEES GETS BIRD FROM MZ LUCY , HERZ DOING FINE. SHOULD BEEES NEAR HERZ RELITIVES SOON. SAYS TO GIBE LUANN AN ICKY A BIG HUG.
HERZ SENDIN BIRD TO DEM TODAZE

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
OHS ICKY
MZ LUCY'S BIRD DROPS OFF SUMIN ELSE. MEEES PUTS IT DA EMPORIUM. IT POSSED TO LET YOOS TALK TO MZ LUCY NO MATTER WERE HERZ IS, MEBE EBEN SEED HERZ

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
OHS ICKY
MZ LUCY'S BIRD DROPS OFF SUMIN ELSE. MEEES PUTS IT DA EMPORIUM. IT POSSED TO LET YOOS TALK TO MZ LUCY NO MATTER WERE HERZ IS, MEBE EBEN SEED HERZ
I'll let Icky know right away, the moment I see her! :)

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Icky is so excited today! The little changeling statue happens to be a conduit through which Icky and Lucy (or Lucia) can exchange messages! Lucy is alive and well and enjoying the gypsy life... she says the only downside is a touch of arthritis, since sleeping in a bedroll does that to older folks.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Icky listened as the changeling whispered her new message from Lucia:
"I was walking toward Minoc today and came across a poor gypsy sitting by the side of the road. Someone had beaten him most severely. Like me, he has no wagon to call home. I did my best to bind his wounds, then helped him into town in search of temporary shelter."

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
It was later in the afternoon when the Changeling spoke again:
"I am so sad. The dear old gypsy passed away in the Inn. His last words were, 'All I wanted was a gypsy wagon.'"

Icky wept.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The morning sun bathed the island with its golden light, and the soft sea breeze gently caressed the little goblin's expressionless face.

Icky stood on the empty spot of land where the Pitmuck Deli once stood. She remembered happier days, back when she had first come to the deli to assist Lucy and tend the small flower garden. It was there where Lucy had taught her how to cook. Icky also remembered the excitement of the great renovation, when Lucy had turned the deli into a mission for the poor. It was an ultimately failed venture, since the population it was to serve found it more convenient to stay in the mainland cities. Lucy had eventually closed the mission and acquired a larger plot of land which she gave to Icky. Together, they had overseen the construction of the Pitmuck Emporium, with the hope of making it into a center of commerce for the island.

So much history. So many changes. Then Lucy had retired and set off for parts unknown to live as her ancestors had lived - to experience life on the road as a roving gypsy. "Herz shudnt hab gones awayz," whispered Icky. "Herz shud hab staid heres wit mees..."

The breeze dried Icky's tears, but it could not ease the pain in her heart or soften the impact of the message that had been delivered to her at the emporium late last night. Lucy would not be returning. She had stopped for the night during a storm, and had breathed her last alone on the road to Trinsic.

Last edited:

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
MZ LUCY WILL ALLWATZ BEES WIF USINS. INA USINS HEARTS AND MEMORIES OB HERZ. ALLA DA GOBLINS WILL MISSES HERZ. HERZ HELPED MAKE PITMUCK .
*HUGS ICKY*
MEEES SAD.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
MZ LUCY WILL ALLWATZ BEES WIF USINS. INA USINS HEARTS AND MEMORIES OB HERZ. ALLA DA GOBLINS WILL MISSES HERZ. HERZ HELPED MAKE PITMUCK .
*HUGS ICKY*
MEEES SAD.
Icky's sad, too. *hugs* She met a bard today, and asked him to play a song for Lucy:

Last edited:

TehanChesapeake

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some wild species, knowing their time has come, return to ancestral grounds, to fade away, all by themselves.

I believe Lucy had that wild spirit. She's now free to roam everywhere, keeping her watchful eye upon us.

May she rest in peace.