• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Missing Beetle and GM help

RedRum

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, I’m at the PAH/WRR Auction today for a little over 2 ½ hours. Before going upstairs, I tell my beetle to “all stay” downstairs (they don’t like pets in the auction area). When the auction is over, I head downstairs and NO BEETLE. I head over to the stables, just to see, nothing there except my purple rabbit. I open up my Status window, it says I have 2/5 followers, yet he is nowhere to be found in Luna (that I could find anyways) while spamming “All follow me” and running around Luna. I log out, log back in…NOW my pet status reads 0/5.
The pack on him had some good items inside: few piles of different ingots, 3 golden hammers, 1 aggi hammer, 2 barbed kits and some piles of leather. If I remember right around 655 stones worth of stuff when I got off him at the auction house.
I put in a help request, and as you all can imagine, the stellar GM staff has yet to get to me and I’m still locked in at 32of32 for almost an hour now. Any ideas of anything else to try? I'm thinking that I am just out my items and shouldn’t expect to hear from the GM staff until sometime around noon tomorrow.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry for your loss, (gone wild) then prolly killed and looted.

Why on earth would you put 6+ mil in beetle and leave it for 2+ hours , that stuff is pretty light weight?

Always carry your high end goods in you character pack.

RedRum

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was just upstairs at the auction and didn't think anything of it seeing as I was in a house and the beetle was in a house as well (especially inside Luna walls). The stables are still empty and no beetle to be found or seen. A positive note...I'm up to 31 in the help Q now and it's only been 1hour 17minutes.

W

walter_mitty

i wouldn't hold my breath for any GM support buddy. :(

i would like to know exactly how in game GM`s get the job as they are absolutely useless.

there is a bug that affects pets when they go across server lines. and you log out you lose the pet.

i hope it works out for you buddy​

Silly Seadog

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Arrrr, dinna beetles take 3 follower slots? If 'twere still takin' yer slots after auction, then it dinna go wild (yet). If ye logs out far enough away from non-empty packies, then they will not be takin' any follower slots when ye logs in again, until ye commands 'em. Could yer beetle been herded away somewheres?

F

feath

this happened to me once. the animal was gone, but i still showed him listed in my pet status for -days-.
when was the last time you fed him? if he was not happy, leaving his sight for 2 1/2 hours would be enough to send him wild.
you may have been lucky not to have been near him. I had one turn bright blue, turn on me, and kill me. he was not a happy bug.
and once wild, anyone could have killed and looted him. i feel for your loss :(

RedRum

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't think about the food (UH-OH). I don't remember the last time I fed him. That probably explains it, hungry and unhappy, he hauled bootay on me. Well, thanks for the thoughts on what might have happened to him. Mark this one up to not paying attention and a hungry pet. You all have a nice day. BTW, STILL number 31 on the Q list over 2 hours on hold and I'm done.

E

Eslake

Buy a horse.
Take it to the AHouse.
Feed it and let it walk away.

Now you know the more likely (but not certain) direction your beetle went.

Go that way til you cross a server line, and hopefully your slots will jump to 5/5.

The 0/5 thing happens if you relog on a seperate subserver from your active pets, it doesn't mean they have gone wild (yet), just that they weren't counted as "under your control" when you relogged.

S

ShadowJack

You know why the gms don't help you don't you? It's the same reason you're not out doing your chores. They're playing the game lolz

"F, I've gotta answer 100 pages"

"ok one more fight"

"ok just one more"

"ok gotta pee"

"ok, gotta bank and then check house really quickly"

Sorry I cannot help thee

"logs back into char"

P

pavel.vesely

I have got 2 control slots stuck with EV one day. Nothing helped on the spot, but it was OK next day.

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dunno if this applies at all to this case, but I had a dragon do something similar during the moonglow rift event. I had who knows how many of those archon things after me and just as I hit the exit teleporter I died, my dragon died, and my client crashed. All pretty much at the same time.

So I load things back up, get myself ressed, and notice that I didn't get the "your pets can't join you" message. Sure enough I'm not using any control slots. I quickly relog, but that achieves nothing.

I run back into the rift to where I'd last seen the dragon, and there's the ghost. I give it an order and it responds, the control slots rectify themselves and I think all is well. I burn rubber out of there and reach for my bandages.

... Only to find the pet couldn't be targetted. In fact it wouldn't even log out with me. It obeyed orders and used control slots, but that was all that could be done with it.

A couple of hours later, many re-logs and a half hour wait on a GM page, some player who'd seen this before told me the solution: Pet balls. Luckily I was able to target the dragon with that, and once the ghost was linked I summoned the thing and was able to res it as normal.

Sooooo if you have a pet that you do not want to lose I recommend linking it then banking the ball somewhere safe. If I hadn't been able to find the dragon in the game world I don't think I'd've gotten it back.

K

Katlene

Pet balls are brillient. All of my pets on every char are linked. Ive heard of people loosing critters before so its something ive done since i first heard of things like this happening.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If a pet goes wild, it drops the content of its backpack to ground, AFAIK. So nobody needs to kill and loot.

M

Mitzlplik_SP

I had something similar happen once.I went afk while I was dismounted from my fire beetle.I was minning near a buddies house in tram/ice island.About 45 mins later I come back and I`m auto logged due to inactivity.I logged back in to find my beetle gone but my status said 3/5 still.I couldn`t pull anything outa stable and couldn`t see anything in stable besides another packy.I paged a GM and after about 20 minutes he showed up,told me to go to the stable and say "Claim All". Poof,there he was. Dunno why or how,but it worked for me,best I can suggest,good luck! =)

PS.
While waiting for GM I tried everything,loggin in/out/in,spammin all follow close to where I was,claim list at stables,basicly everything I could think of and everything the knowledge base suggested I do.