• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Housing/Boats Misc. Problems with Player Vendors - Housing issues in general

MedeaDF

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had some problems with housing for the last few days because I built a new house and noticed that:

• Rented-out vendors in your house: If they remove the goodies from their vendors but do not remove the vendor ("dismiss") them, you can't remove them from the house moving crate. Not even after the 167 hours time have passed. I needed a GM to help me with that, but he could fix that problem at last (and he/she was very nice and sweet too!)

• Moving (your own) vendors in your own house: Before, you could place walls where they were standing to move them to the house moving crate and place them afterwards somewhere else. Now this does not work anymore. You can place walls on them, but they will still be standing there - for eternity probably!
    vendors.jpg

• Library built with books/benches: After customizing a house with a library built with (spell)books on benches, the whole stack of books was mixed up randomly and the setup completely destroyed... (left: before customizing, right: after customizing)
    bookslibrary.jpg

• Some "simple false advertising": My meer vase is labeled as "a small piece of blackrock"... (again?! I think I heard from this bug already before)
    vase.jpg

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
ented-out vendors in your house: If they remove the goodies from their vendors but do not remove the vendor ("dismiss") them, you can't remove them from the house moving crate. Not even after the 167 hours time have passed. I needed a GM to help me with that, but he could fix that problem at last (and he/she was very nice and sweet too!)
This issue was resolved in Publish 81 (Notes: Vendors that run out of funds and go to the house moving crate would remain permanently in their "grace period", never allowing the house owner to claim them
Moving (your own) vendors in your own house: Before, you could place walls where they were standing to move them to the house moving crate and place them afterwards somewhere else. Now this does not work anymore. You can place walls on them, but they will still be standing there - for eternity probably!
I have been unable to reproduce this issue. When I place various wall tiles at the house location where my vendor is located, the vendor in question ends up in my moving crate. Can you confirm that this is still occurring? It may be possible that it was not fixed as a result of another bug fix.
Library built with books/benches: After customizing a house with a library built with (spell)books on benches, the whole stack of books was mixed up randomly and the setup completely destroyed... (left: before customizing, right: after customizing)
I have confirmed this issue and submitted a problem report into the system.
Some "simple false advertising": My meer vase is labeled as "a small piece of blackrock"... (again?! I think I heard from this bug already before)
There is already a problem report in the system on this issue.

MedeaDF

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This issue was resolved in Publish 81 (Notes: Vendors that run out of funds and go to the house moving crate would remain permanently in their "grace period", never allowing the house owner to claim them
Yes, the GM could fix that immediately back then. When I saw the patch notes, I was sure this was "my bug" also, so I consider this problem already solved.
I have been unable to reproduce this issue. When I place various wall tiles at the house location where my vendor is located, the vendor in question ends up in my moving crate. Can you confirm that this is still occurring? It may be possible that it was not fixed as a result of another bug fix.
When I tried to move my vendors again after I wrote down this bug, and after another house customizing, they went suddenly into the house moving crate. I am sure I tried to move them for two or three days before, so I was really surprised...
A GM which also answered my (at least four or five days old) call, also stated it could have been just a glitch in the house customizing thingie.
But anyway, the vendors were moved, and I could replace them like I was used to it all the times I've done this before.

But another thing I noticed since then: The vendors do not move any muscle anymore. The don't "look around" like they did before. Maybe there was a change in between somewhere?

I have confirmed this issue and submitted a problem report into the system.
There is already a problem report in the system on this issue.
Thanks a lot for all your hard work! :)

Last edited: