• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Ninjitsu] Mirror Image

T

Turdnugget

UOguide states....Mirror Image: Creates a mirror image of yourself that may absorb damage when you are standing within 4 steps of it.

My question... it says that it 'may' absorb damage. Is there a way to get it to 100% absorb damage, is that at all possible?

If you can get it to absorb 100% dmg... if I had 5 mirror images up, would I 'technically' never get hit since my images take the hits?

Anyone shed some light on how images fully work.

Thanks!

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good question.

Funny thing is, Jack of all Trades lets you cast this (with high failure).

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UOguide states....Mirror Image: Creates a mirror image of yourself that may absorb damage when you are standing within 4 steps of it.

My question... it says that it 'may' absorb damage. Is there a way to get it to 100% absorb damage, is that at all possible?

If you can get it to absorb 100% dmg... if I had 5 mirror images up, would I 'technically' never get hit since my images take the hits?

Anyone shed some light on how images fully work.

Thanks!
I use this on ressurection frequently. Mirror images absorb damage from weapons (there are some exclusions). Mage spells will hit you every time (I COULD be wrong here, but i'm 95% sure).

If I get dismounted, I'll usually just stand still and cast mirror images until I can get in animal form.

It will absorb weapon hits and keep you alive. Note that if they use concussion blow the weapon damage will be absorbed, but the concussion damage will still hit you so be careful.

When I'm on Res, and I get dismounted and 5 archers pop out I can summon images with 4/6 faster than they can shoot. If they all AI they do no damage, occasionally some are smart and conc but I can heal through it easily enough for a few seconds until I can animal form it off.

T

Turdnugget

So as long as i'm within the 4 tile radius, all melee damage will be absorbed? But can still be hit by certain specials? The effects of them at least.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Based on my experience that is correct. Some specials will hit you (bleed, mortal, conc) but AI will not hit, the mirror image will absorb all the dmg. They also serve as a good stam blocker when you're running away from people through a 1 tile alley. SUmmon a couple of those on the run and you should get some distance from the speedhackers to get a hide off.

T

Turdnugget

Ok cool.

Wasn't really wondering about mirror image from a PvP point of view.... but for PvM =)

Hence the reason I wanted to know if it takes all the damage, all the time as long as one is summoned.

What's the minimum skill needed to cast it 100% and have it work every time?