• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) Minoc Occupied - Fellow Governors and citizens involved in hostile takeover!

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS! HOLLY BLOODHAND HAS TAKEN OVER MINOC AND REPLACED ALL MY GUARDS WITH DRUNKEN PIRATES! I CAN'T EVEN GO TO MY OWN OFFICE!

I've had to retreat to Yew. While I have property there, and I feel that Tehan and Murdock will be happy to assist me, rumors have it that they assisted Holly! I have plans at this time to go move my land and title deeds to New Magincia.

TO THINK! That while I was following leads in the depths of Covetous to find my sister Willow that my own friends and fellow Governors would answer a summons to Vesper only to end up removing my guards and myself from Minoc!

BE SURE THAT THE KING WILL HEAR OF THIS AS I AM STILL THE RIGHTFUL GOVERNOR OF MINOC AND PROTECTOR OF HER CITIZENS!

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Oh no! But surely your friends didn't mean to assist that awful pirate! I heard they were just spying on her to see what she was up to! :eek:

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Frankly it sounds like an improvement, Minoc was far too stuffy.

TehanChesapeake

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS! HOLLY BLOODHAND HAS TAKEN OVER MINOC AND REPLACED ALL MY GUARDS WITH DRUNKEN PIRATES! I CAN'T EVEN GO TO MY OWN OFFICE!

I've had to retreat to Yew. While I have property there, and I feel that Tehan and Murdock will be happy to assist me, rumors have it that they assisted Holly! I have plans at this time to go move my land and title deeds to New Magincia.

TO THINK! That while I was following leads in the depths of Covetous to find my sister Willow that my own friends and fellow Governors would answer a summons to Vesper only to end up removing my guards and myself from Minoc!

BE SURE THAT THE KING WILL HEAR OF THIS AS I AM STILL THE RIGHTFUL GOVERNOR OF MINOC AND PROTECTOR OF HER CITIZENS!
I'm quite unsure if I should be disappointed or offended after reading this. To think you would rather believe mere rumors, instead of asking us what has happened makes me reconsider what side you are really on. Holly Bloodhand is only looking to divide us, and apparently she has won another round.

Here's my version of the facts. If you decide its not worth at least considering, then maybe you should just go pledge you alliegeance to that bastadly pirate right now.

I will include the following in my report to the King for the council meeting, which will be delivered by Murdock, as I cannot attend it.

After receiving Holly Bloodhand's request for help, some of us decided to go. We knew we were risking being deceived, as this has happened before, but we agreed that it would be an occasion to find out her true motivations, in a non-agressive way. After meeting in Vesper, she took us on the road to Minoc, where we were not-so-surprisingly ambushed by many hordes of bandits. She acted like she was surprised, which is doubtful to me.

After reaching Minoc, Bloodhand took us to a man who turned out to be a part of Coronius' crew, his cook to be exact. Even though he seemingly had turned the page on his criminal past and was trying to make a decent living in town, Bloodhand decided to interrogate the man on the whereabouts of his former fellows, some of which were seen in the city vincinity.

She then proceeded to take us to them. At that point, the lot of them attacked us, and we had no choice but to defend ourselves. Some of us even died as we were outnumbered, including myself. Without the swift intervention of our party members that brought us back to life, we would still be ghosts, wandering around the city.

As we finally prevailed, Holly Bloodhand decided to execute the cook, in cold blood, in front of everyone. We were in shock, and while we were still wondering what had just happened, she proceeded to distribute the poor cook's belongings to us as trophies, to thank us. While I was disgusted at the events turnout, I decided to keep the item to bring as evidence before the King. I'm sure he can manage to read what has happened to its original owner with his powerful magical gifts.

I would like to mention that at no point did the city guards show up to defend us, or at the very least to stop the fighting. It is my guess that Bloodhand has either bribed them, or worse, had them removed by force from their duties. On several occasions we asked where Governor Victor was. The only answer given to us was that he was investigating a lead on Willow, his missing sister.

I am utterly outraged by Bloodhand's takeover of another city. Governor Victor was elected by the citizens, and no one has the right, except for the King, to remove him from his position. Governor Bloodhand is now considered PERSONA NON GRATA in Yew. She is to remain ouside the city limits until light is shed on all events revolving around her in the recent past. Any trespassing will be considered as an aggression on her part, and we will respond accordingly.

As for Governor Victor, he is the rightful leader of Minoc. He shall be reinstated to his position, and all forces in the city which are not under his command should leave immediately.

That is what I witnessed. I think I have proven my commitment to the citizens of Minoc and yourself in the past, I think you know who your true friends are.

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm quite unsure if I should be disappointed or offended after reading this. To think you would rather believe mere rumors, instead of asking us what has happened makes me reconsider what side you are really on. Holly Bloodhand is only looking to divide us, and apparently she has won another round.
Rumors? You mean first hand accounts. You fail to remember my own mother, Lady Ivy Covedweller, being in attendance.

After reaching Minoc, Bloodhand took us to a man who turned out to be a part of Coronius' crew, his cook to be exact. Even though he seemingly had turned the page on his criminal past and was trying to make a decent living in town, Bloodhand decided to interrogate the man on the whereabouts of his former fellows, some of which were seen in the city vincinity.
You mean citizens of Minoc. While former pirates these men came to me after abandoning Coronius's crew. I allowed them to work as time served for any their crimes. If you have proof of their crimes, or warants for their arrests you are welcome to bring them to me or the King.

At that point, the lot of them attacked us, and we had no choice but to defend ourselves. Some of us even died
I have received reports from the City Guard on this as well. It is customary for them to report after killing anyone in town and they responded, colloquially known as "guard whacking" several of your fellow dissidents after murdering and thieving from Minoc Town Citizens.

As we finally prevailed, Holly Bloodhand decided to execute the cook, in cold blood, in front of everyone. We were in shock, and while we were still wondering what had just happened, she proceeded to distribute the poor cook's belongings to us as trophies, to thank us. While I was disgusted at the events turnout, I decided to keep the item to bring as evidence before the King.
This is true, but accepting a reward for killing an innocent sounds more like a bounty or bribe. Any court in the lands will agree with this.

I would like to mention that at no point did the city guards show up to defend us, or at the very least to stop the fighting. It is my guess that Bloodhand has either bribed them, or worse, had them removed by force from their duties.
It is possible that the city guard was bribed as they have been replaced by pirates by Holly, however any of this would have happened after you allowed her to take charge of a formidably force of ruffians. As I have already stated YOUR party was punished by the law for fighting and the guards did not assist YOU as they are magically warded to only defend the innocent from aggressors.

On several occasions we asked where Governor Victor was. The only answer given to us was that he was investigating a lead on Willow, his missing sister.
This is also true, I was spending the weekend searching Covetous for clues on Willow's whereabouts. Rumors of a women matching her description had been floating around the taverns. Searching for my sister takes any precedence over summons from the Governor of Vesper.

As for Governor Victor, he is the rightful leader of Minoc. He shall be reinstated to his position, and all forces in the city which are not under his command should leave immediately.

That is what I witnessed. I think I have proven my commitment to the citizens of Minoc and yourself in the past, I think you know who your true friends are.
I appreciate your help and support Governor Tehan, but I question either your loyalty or your judgment based on the points raised above. Regardless which category you fall into, I expect this to be settled tonight when we meet with the King, and hope that Murdock the Bane of Regina comes to your defense.

TehanChesapeake

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rumors? You mean first hand accounts. You fail to remember my own mother, Lady Ivy Covedweller, being in attendance.
No, my memories are quite vivid. Your mother can then testify I did not initiate any combat that night. I was not whacked by your guards, as I did not attack any innocent citizen. I was attacked and killed by thugs, that were formerly Coronius' crew members.

You mean citizens of Minoc. While former pirates these men came to me after abandoning Coronius's crew. I allowed them to work as time served for any their crimes. If you have proof of their crimes, or warants for their arrests you are welcome to bring them to me or the King.
As much as I hate to agree with Governor Bloodhand, even if these men repented for their past criminal activities, they should be trialed for piracy, and do their time in jail before they can expect to resume a normal citizen life. You cannot substitute yourself to Justice.

I have received reports from the City Guard on this as well. It is customary for them to report after killing anyone in town and they responded, colloquially known as "guard whacking" several of your fellow dissidents after murdering and thieving from Minoc Town Citizens.
Not only your guards did not defend us, they now incriminate us with false accusations ? They should be hanged for treason, and deserve no better than being replaced by drunkards and pirates.

This is true, but accepting a reward for killing an innocent sounds more like a bounty or bribe. Any court in the lands will agree with this.
I kept the item as evidence, which I'll have Deputy Murdock turn in to the King to inspect and evaluate. His powerful magical senses will show him the truth.

It is possible that the city guard was bribed as they have been replaced by pirates by Holly, however any of this would have happened after you allowed her to take charge of a formidably force of ruffians. As I have already stated YOUR party was punished by the law for fighting and the guards did not assist YOU as they are magically warded to only defend the innocent from aggressors.
We went there to see what she wanted. We did not give our consent to her actions, we strongly condemn the cold-blooded murder she commited right in front of us, and we also strongly condemn her taking over of another city of the crown. The fact that she can still walk freely after such treacherous acts raises some serious questions about the King's real support of the democratic governor system. I only refrain from attacking Governor Bloohand directly, as we were strictly forbidden to do so, or initiate any aggressive action against her. But I'll be the first to engage my fleet and forces when I get the chance to do so.

This is also true, I was spending the weekend searching Covetous for clues on Willow's whereabouts. Rumors of a women matching her description had been floating around the taverns. Searching for my sister takes any precedence over summons from the Governor of Vesper.
That is totally understandable. I really do hope she can be found, safe and sound. My only regret, is having you with us that night might have refrained your guards from taking actions that actually helped our pirate governor friend..

I appreciate your help and support Governor Tehan, but I question either your loyalty or your judgment based on the points raised above. Regardless which category you fall into, I expect this to be settled tonight when we meet with the King, and hope that Murdock the Bane of Regina comes to your defense.
Well, the fact that you are so eager to believe Holly'as version on the events, and that of your bribed guards also raises the question of YOUR loyalty. I hope some concrete evidence can be brought before the King, and that everyone finally come back to reason, and see the right from the wrong.

I'm starting to think this realm has fallen far beyond hope. Wouldnt it be for the protection of the citizens I have sworn my life to, I would seriously consider retirement somewhere on an island of the souther seas, far from all the fighting and treachery. But before that day comes, I'll have Bloodhand's head on a pike.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

Here's my version of the facts. If you decide its not worth at least considering, then maybe you should just go pledge you alliegeance to that bastadly pirate right now.

I will include the following in my report to the King for the council meeting, which will be delivered by Murdock, as I cannot attend it.

After receiving Holly Bloodhand's request for help, some of us decided to go. We knew we were risking being deceived, as this has happened before, but we agreed that it would be an occasion to find out her true motivations, in a non-agressive way. After meeting in Vesper, she took us on the road to Minoc, where we were not-so-surprisingly ambushed by many hordes of bandits. She acted like she was surprised, which is doubtful to me.

She then proceeded to take us to them. At that point, the lot of them attacked us, and we had no choice but to defend ourselves. Some of us even died as we were outnumbered, including myself. Without the swift intervention of our party members that brought us back to life, we would still be ghosts, wandering around the city.

As we finally prevailed, Holly Bloodhand decided to execute the cook, in cold blood, in front of everyone. We were in shock, and while we were still wondering what had just happened, she proceeded to distribute the poor cook's belongings to us as trophies, to thank us. While I was disgusted at the events turnout, I decided to keep the item to bring as evidence before the King. I'm sure he can manage to read what has happened to its original owner with his powerful magical gifts.

I would like to mention that at no point did the city guards show up to defend us, or at the very least to stop the fighting. It is my guess that Bloodhand has either bribed them, or worse, had them removed by force from their duties. On several occasions we asked where Governor Victor was. The only answer given to us was that he was investigating a lead on Willow, his missing sister.

I am utterly outraged by Bloodhand's takeover of another city. Governor Victor was elected by the citizens, and no one has the right, except for the King, to remove him from his position. Governor Bloodhand is now considered PERSONA NON GRATA in Yew. She is to remain ouside the city limits until light is shed on all events revolving around her in the recent past. Any trespassing will be considered as an aggression on her part, and we will respond accordingly.

I don't know whether I should be disappointed or offended after reading this. After constant, tiresome accusations by Lady Ashlynn and the outrageous assertion by Governor Phoenix of Trinsic that night that I might be involved with Bloodhand, now I see my son's intentions are now under suspicion here when he was not even present for the events described!

I grow quite weary of fending off these outrageous allegations day in and day out. Did I not serve Vesper well when I was governor? Did I not lose the governorship under mysterious circumstances? Was I not forced to withdraw entirely from the next election in the now fading hope that my daughter might yet live? Do you not all bring your precious things to both of us at the auction confident that they are safe in our possession? Then why are we met with such persistent distrust?

We are victims here. I'm hurt, and I'm tired. What side is Victor really on? Really?

As I stated that very night, and stated again for the record, Victor was searching for Willow. He had no reason to suspect Bloodhand would be moving her event from Vesper to Minoc and thus quite reasonably chose to spend his time elsewhere. As a Vesper citizen and former governor I felt I needed to be there to at least observe firsthand what is going on in the city I love.

In fact, I warned you all before Bloodhand even arrived in Vesper to be cautious of her intentions, even before I knew we would be heading to Minoc. I was present for the battle, but I did not lift a finger in either defense or offense--I simply stood aside and watched in horror as the chaos unfolded. Bart's men (whose precise legal status was pending according to Victor--it was no clear if their claims to be Coronius's crew were even true, and they had demonstrated themselves to be hard workers) did attack... but they were only posturing at first as their attacks did not harm anyone. When they met resistance they began to fight in earnest... and the Minoc guards protected them! Read into that what you will--were they bribed? Coerced? Or perhaps they were truly defending innocents? It's always hard to say when Bloodhand is involved.

Suffice to say it was all a terrible mess. However, this divisiveness is no doubt exactly what she wants. I know you for an honorable man, Tehan. I hope that you will see, through these troubling and confusing events, that Victor is as well.

That's all I have to say on this topic for right now. I can only hope the King is able to sort it all out tonight. I'm sure he won't be pleased at this turn of events.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
*sigh* Icky has her doubts about the King - aka "Dat Blacktorny Guy"... :confused:

Phoenix_DWxC

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since my name is being thrown around I find I must comment on the trickier of Holly Bloodhand, Governor of Vesper. I met with the good and honest people who arrived in Vesper to aid in Holly's call for assistance. Unfortunately, I found myself locked in the water closet of the tavern. It seems there must have been a lot of commotion and noise going on that my cries for help went unheeded. Twiddling with the lock to no avail I finally had to jab my kyrss into the door jamb and shove my body against the door. When I straighten up my robe and put my kyrss back into my pack upon walking outside of The Barnacle Tavern in Minoc , poor Toothless Bart was dead on the ground killed it seems by the hand of Holly Bloodhand. The honest people who had traveled with her were in shock.

Now having given great thought to everything leading up to this turn of events I have some questions that cannot or no one wants to answer them......How is it that young Victor, Governor of Minoc, was absent that evening....looking for his sister, bah!! Does it have anything to do that he recently obtained a castle just days before this?

And, Ivy Covedweller YOU also led us and encouraged us to ransack a building used by Holly Bloodhand. As each crate was opened you yelled...Keep the spoil less loot for Holly and her crew. How is it you knew where this building was and that Holly would be present.

So many other questions are running rampart in my head...I must rest!

But the City of Trinsic guards have been given orders to keep not only Holly Bloodhand OUT!!! but also all the family of Covedwellers. The blockades have been put back in place and the cannons are loaded. There will be no tomfoolery in Trinsic. The docks are only open to the local fishermen!

Phoenix, Governor of Trinsic

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Since my name is being thrown around I find I must comment on the trickier of Holly Bloodhand, Governor of Vesper. I met with the good and honest people who arrived in Vesper to aid in Holly's call for assistance. Unfortunately, I found myself locked in the water closet of the tavern. It seems there must have been a lot of commotion and noise going on that my cries for help went unheeded. Twiddling with the lock to no avail I finally had to jab my kyrss into the door jamb and shove my body against the door. When I straighten up my robe and put my kyrss back into my pack upon walking outside of The Barnacle Tavern in Minoc , poor Toothless Bart was dead on the ground killed it seems by the hand of Holly Bloodhand. The honest people who had traveled with her were in shock.

Now having given great thought to everything leading up to this turn of events I have some questions that cannot or no one wants to answer them......How is it that young Victor, Governor of Minoc, was absent that evening....looking for his sister, bah!! Does it have anything to do that he recently obtained a castle just days before this?

And, Ivy Covedweller YOU also led us and encouraged us to ransack a building used by Holly Bloodhand. As each crate was opened you yelled...Keep the spoil less loot for Holly and her crew. How is it you knew where this building was and that Holly would be present.

So many other questions are running rampart in my head...I must rest!

But the City of Trinsic guards have been given orders to keep not only Holly Bloodhand OUT!!! but also all the family of Covedwellers. The blockades have been put back in place and the cannons are loaded. There will be no tomfoolery in Trinsic. The docks are only open to the local fishermen!

Phoenix, Governor of Trinsic
Quite a convenient story...

I admit, in my zeal to find information about my daughter I was a bit heavy handed in my approach to the search you speak of. However, I recall telling everyone to search for clues, not to plunder at will.

But then, your bias against me is almost as great as Lady Ashlynn's. You were an open opponent of me and an open supporter of Bloodhand. I expect this move is nothing more than opportunistic revenge for the trade embargo I once placed against Trinsic foods (and which your friend Bloodhand rescinded). My family seldom visits Trinsic these days anyway--in fact, when Willow did she brought back the disturbing report of her meeting with you that prompted my personal investigation and the embargo! Perhaps YOU have something to do with her disappearance!

As for Victor's castle: he has owned that piece of land for a long time and needed only for his closest neighbor to move on to allow him the room to upgrade. In fact, I recall telling you personally when that neighbor's house became condemned! I have tried to give you the benefit of the doubt and bury the proverbial hatchet with you since the end of my governorship, but it seems my efforts to move us beyond our past differences have failed...

Again, I grow weary of the constant accusations of misconduct against me and mine. Half of Britannia trusts me enough to bring their goods and their money to our auction, and yet I am constantly having to answer to absurd allegations against my conduct and character. My daughter is still missing, my city is being run into the ground, and my son has been forced to flee his. There is a clear and obvious campaign of harassment and hostility against my family and I will not allow it any further. I can not bar anyone from Vesper anymore, but let it be known that you and all representatives of the city of Trinsic supporting you will not be permitted in my auction house from this time forward. (Normal citizens will still, of course, be allowed in.)

Now if you will excuse me, I must prepare for tonight's Council meeting.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Given that the King himself lifted my family's ban from Trinsic tonight, I will grudgingly lift my ban on Governor Phoenix and her supporters from the auction house for the time being. While I am still hurt and frustrated at the constant onslaught of accusations against me and mine, I will give the benefit of the doubt, given that Bloodhand has been so successful at keeping us all disoriented and confused.

Last edited:

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Icky told me the meeting went well, overall. :)