• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mining

FingersMcSteal

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone help with mining guides.

Just wondering if mining was still a random thing or not, been mining tonight and kept getting the same thing in the same spot (valorite). Mined the spot out several times 100% every time the same thing, thought it had changed ???

drewster513

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
use a garg pick axe or the hammer thing.. it changes the level of ore by 1 so if its verite where you digging after tool will be valorite

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just watch out for the elementals you may spawn.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone help with mining guides.

Just wondering if mining was still a random thing or not, been mining tonight and kept getting the same thing in the same spot (valorite). Mined the spot out several times 100% every time the same thing, thought it had changed ???
It's random in part... after a while, every spot will change what it produces, I don't know the exact timings but make the most of the one you have found, it WILL change after a few days.

Jonathen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it's a small chance to change every time it refreshes - so if no-one mines there, it will stay the same, if you mine repeatedly, eventually it will change but the timing is random.

Prospector's tool (the hammer thing) is good if you're not a fighter, use it before you start digging and the colour will be 1 level higher (in the past you had to dig at least once before using it, but I'm pretty sure that's been changed).
Gargoyle's pickaxe is great if you can fight the elementals, especially for high level ores as they always have 25 on their corpse (50 ingots if you don't fail smelting). Charges get used up faster than prospector's, as you use it instead of a shovel. Be warned some of the elementals have special powers e.g. shadow iron can't be harmed by pets, copper reflects damage like RPD on armour. Valorite eles are pretty tough!
You can use both tools together to raise the colour by 2 levels :)

FingersMcSteal

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks guys.

Remember the tool to up it all one level, and the garg picks too to pull the ellies out.

Been to spot again today, still getting val so all's good ;)