• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mining] Mining small gems really need a better drop

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I'm training imbuing and need alot of gems for it. I mined an hour, got only 82 gems, only 8 ambra that was the kind I wanted for LRC.

I understand buying the gems from npc's may be a nice gold sink but I'm a Siege player and try to do everything without any interact with npc's.

Also I wanted to make some LRC suits for young mages but this suits will fast be to expensive for our young mages if I have to buy the gems.

I do not feel the drop of gems from mining and monsters are balanced well vs the need for gems to imbuild, special not on Siege where you risk to lose your new suit 5 mins after you buy it.

Also I would like to see alot more miners around and I would love to be able to see miners making money selling gems together with ingots and granit.

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As soon as I hit GM mining, I read the book, then after a few minutes mining thought the same as you are saying here.

While some is better than none, some is nowhere near the lots you need for imbuing

S

Sir Kenga

When i mined 60k iron i only got like 300 amber. It sux. But compared to cost of book it's nice. :) But still sux.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As has been said before, get your gems from the Vagabonds in the gypsy camps in Illshnear. you can get amber and citrean for 50gps.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
As has been said before, get your gems from the Vagabonds in the gypsy camps in Illshnear. you can get amber and citrean for 50gps.
Not on Siege, prices are 3x normal shards prices so 150 the price

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the information of people who don't play Siege.
Siege works on the old buying system, ie the price is static and you must build the vendors from 20 to 999, which takes several hours.
Prices are:
Faction town (Currently Brit and Vesper 4 vendors in total)
Star Sapphire: 262gp, Emerald: 209gp, Sapphire: 209gp, Ruby: 157gp, Citrine: 104gp, Amethist: 209gp, Tourmaline: 157gp, Amber 104gp, Diamond 408gp.
Non Faction Town (and Ilsh tinker)
Star Sapphire: 375gp, Emerald: 300gp, Sapphire: 300gp, Ruby: 225gp, Citrine: 150gp, Amethist: 300gp, Tourmaline:225gp, Amber: 150gp, Diamond: 600gp

F

Fingers of Cats

so there's a book that allows you to get little gems (i.e. citrines, amber etc) when mining? If so how does one acquire this?

edit: never mind... found it with googles help :) You can learn it by reading a book attainable from a mining NPC in the Royal City!

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Friend,

Take the young mages of yours out to treasure hunt and let them know you are on a gem hunting trip to make them mage suits. You can get lots of gems from treasure chests plus your new friends can learn the pirate ways...Arrggh!

-Lorax