• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mining Granite: Am I bugged?

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got an elf miner. He is supposed to get extra colored resources from his racial traits. He gets very little colored granite, and logs. He does ok with mining, just granite and logs seem to be sparse.

I've been mining strictly granite for 3 days now & very rarely i will get colored stuff.

Mr. Smither1

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never looked real hard at the numbers but I know even on the best days I mine over 60% iron or normal granite using prospector tools and gargoyle picks.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's probably as craptastic as the fishing bonus for using bait... something like 0.00001% or some BS like that.

PaulCH

Journeyman
I've mined ingots and tracked it somewhat extensively (have the numbers on my home comp). My breakdown with prospector tool and gargoyle pickaxes (on the higher end veins only) plus ingots from ore eles included is 40% iron and 60% color. I'm not sure if the breakdown is the same for granite. FYI, char is human.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Use fel Delucia with prospector tool and gargoyle pickaxe. Only continue on spots with the color you want.

The new stone hammer is only 500 points from a smith BOD. Someone needs to try it out. May as well be you.

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried out both the Rock Hammer and the Improved Rock Hammer. Both are horrific.

There is zero difference in the Rock Hammer and any other mining tool.

The Improved Rock Hammer gives you 500 uses for 10 bucks. You literally get 1 color granite every other hit. I think I got 2 granite every now and then. That's it. So 1 Rock Hammer will give you around of 250 various colored granite and 250 regular granite.

I think GarthGrey said it best in one of his posts:
Yeah, well my $10.00 soulstone is forever.

Last edited:

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I tried out both the Rock Hammer and the Improved Rock Hammer. Both are horrific.

The Improved Rock Hammer gives you 500 uses for 10 bucks. You literally get 1 color granite every other hit. I think I got 2 granite every now and then. That's it. So 1 Rock Hammer will give you around of 250 various colored granite and 250 regular granite.

Thanks for that, I was wondering if it was worth spending the 1000 sovereigns on one of those but wanted to ask 'did it have uses' ON SIEGE, or did it just run out, seems 500 uses is pathetic and yes, if I am gonna waste 1000 sovereigns I will get a soulstone that is the gift that keeps on giving, much better value.

Now if the hammer didn't deteriorate, or 'recharged' automatically after 500 uses (even if it took a full 24hrs to recharge) I may of purchased one. Glad I read this first and didn't have to experiment with my hard earned dollars to be disappointed.

Seems the design of these rock hammers is just :lame:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I beg to differ, at least as regards the BoD reward version.
True if there are 20 potential rocks in an ore pocket, then there are 20 potential rocks whether digging with a hammer or a shovel. The difference is in the hammer will find them in considerably less 'digs' and therefore quicker. Here is my attempt to test the item.
[Mining] - Rock hammer V. Shovel