• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mining] Mining / General guild question

H

HeavyMetal

Howdy,

I have a question that only half belongs here, but I wasnt sure where else I could reasonably put it.

Just returning to the game after a long break, my account is 61 months old and ive played off and on since 1998. With the new expansion out recently, wanted to come and see what was up with the new client and partake of some mining.

I am one of those odd balls who just cant get enough of harvesting in this game. I love mining, i love lumberjacking, I love killing stuff for leather, chickens for feathers. Anyways.

ive always played on pacific and have some established characters there, but thought it might be fun to just make a fresh start of it and try to see the game through fresh eyes.

Was hoping you folks could give me an idea of where else I might venture to find a fun all around or crafting oriented guild to hang out with and start anew.

I live in California but will be moving to Iowa next year, the time zone isnt really a big deal.

Thanks for any thoughts,

K

Kallie Pigeon

There is a guild on Pacific called the United Blacksmiths of Britania (multishard actually). I have not interacted with them much recently. I have been in a guild made of people similar to you on Pacific but it has fallen apart a few years ago. Good luck on finding one. I have given up on looking for a guild at this point.

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Howdy,

I have a question that only half belongs here, but I wasnt sure where else I could reasonably put it.

Just returning to the game after a long break, my account is 61 months old and ive played off and on since 1998. With the new expansion out recently, wanted to come and see what was up with the new client and partake of some mining.

I am one of those odd balls who just cant get enough of harvesting in this game. I love mining, i love lumberjacking, I love killing stuff for leather, chickens for feathers. Anyways.

ive always played on pacific and have some established characters there, but thought it might be fun to just make a fresh start of it and try to see the game through fresh eyes.

Was hoping you folks could give me an idea of where else I might venture to find a fun all around or crafting oriented guild to hang out with and start anew.

I live in California but will be moving to Iowa next year, the time zone isnt really a big deal.

Thanks for any thoughts,
Welcome back! If you ever want someone to strip mine or deforest Sosaria let me know.

-Lorax

Mark Trail

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try mining around Ter Mur for the rare crystalline blackrock, about as rare as the special jewels.

Lumberjacking in Ter Mur gets rare drops of crystalline shards that you find in the wood.

Oak and Yew wood are in high demand now beacuse they can be used to make Magical Residue for imbuing. Also golden ingots are great for imbuers.