• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mining] Mining gems

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
See this link UO Stratics - Mining
But to answer your question crystaline black rock spawns in ter mur only as far as i am aware the rest are random

G

Gowron

I haven't mined in Ter Mur, but when I mine elsewhere, I will occassionally get crystalline blackrock off an ore elemental corpse. Usually, the higher the ore elemental, the more likely a crystalline blackrock will be found. At least that's been my experience.

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok tested various facets. These are my opinions. Based on several 1hour mining runs at each facet

Ter Mur: equal to tram. All gems random and crystal black rock (from mining and on eles)

SA: Same as Ter Mur and Tram with one exception. Crystal black rock is more common (on all eles i killed and from mining)

Fel: No difference in drop rates of any gems, similar to termur and tram.