• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mh..is the door oiled?

T

Tak

Hi, was gone for 4 months and now i want to come back.
As far i know my house should be gone now? That would be okay, even it hurts, but whats with my soul stones?
I hate to twink and without them this game is too limited for me.
So all my stuff, specialy my soulstones, are gone after only beeing away for 4 months?

K

Kiminality

I think it's three months of non-subscription, and your house goes condemned.
Then not many days and it falls, so it's probably fallen.

Anything that's in your characters' packs or banks will still be there.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if you had the foresight to put your stones in the bank, or on a character, they're all still there. If you left them in the house you'll have to hope that whoever spotted the IDOC was one of those people that hang on to soulstones 'just in case'.

If that's the case, tell us where your house was and the name of the character that owned it, maybe you'll be lucky.

If there's a slim chance the house might still be standing, given the name and location, someone will go look for you if you haven't re-activated yet.

The door is *always* oiled, Barian takes good care of it. Come on in.

Leto

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry Tak, I'm afraid your house is gone. While I wasn't there to see it fall myself, a friend was camping it and showed me. If your Soulstones were in your house there is a small chance she, or one the people who were with her, looted the stones and saved them. I will ask her when she gets back from holiday but don't get your hopes up too much....

If all is lost and you still decide to come back; drop me a line on ICQ and I'll help you get some armour and other necessities.

B

Black Betty

Sorry Tak, I'm afraid your house is gone. While I wasn't there to see it fall myself, a friend was camping it and showed me. If your Soulstones were in your house there is a small chance she, or one the people who were with her, looted the stones and saved them. I will ask her when she gets back from holiday but don't get your hopes up too much....

If all is lost and you still decide to come back; drop me a line on ICQ and I'll help you get some armour and other necessities.
I can help out as well. Just lemme know what you need and such. I'm sure Leto can pretty much cover the most of anything you might need, but I would like to help carry that load. *wink* And, even though I'm not sure if I even know you, Welcome back! (and thank you, Barian for keeping the door well oiled!)

T

Tak

Thanks for the nice words all. Nice to see Leto&Co. is still around:)

You can have my black dye, shadow housing tiles and guaranteed not duped tokens etc., but please give my soulstones, Candle of Love and my Winner of Tour'D Brittania Sash to Leto :bowdown:

My Chars name is Takuan, my only char on Europe,....sniff...hope its not raining in britannia..this game needs more tents:sad4:

Ferrut

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Tak!

I've picked up a few Soulstones recently, send me a PM and we can arrange for me to bring em to you to check if any are yours if ye want!!!

:)

And welcome back! :):):)

T

Tak

Hi Ferret,
thanks for the offer, but it says i cant PM you as you wont accept PM's?

UO showed again why it will survive another 10 years. I came back and it didnt took 30 minutes until i found helping hands.

Found something interesting:

a) People in UO arent too busy to reach the next level, so they have time to interact with strangers.

b) Traveling in UO takes you very short time. Makes it easy for others to help you while it doesnt take away immersion!!. After playing a UO a day, the world seems again bigger then other current mmorpgs.

c) UO, like EVE O. still depend too much on player to player interaction. This games need more tasks or events (quests) created by the devs. The difficult thing is, how to entertain players, without to sacrifice p. to p. interaction? Raid Groups are the wrong solution, as Raids consume way too much time and need dedicated playing (if it want to live, UO has to attract casual players way more).

d) mh..some bugs has been fixed?

Anyway,
despite my bad english i had again big fun and as long there are events, i cant quit that game:)

DEVS! There is still no reason for a player to take the risk of faction war! While PVP can be terrible fun in UO, there is still no risk/reward balance for PVPer. Think about it! :p

Ferrut

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, that's bizarre!? I just got someone else to send me a test message and it worked! I will try sending you a PM... hopefully then you can reply to that :)