• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Metal Dye Tubs

Beefybone

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doesn't need to be a dye tub visually, can be called "a set of enamels" or whatever. Hues metal objects any of the existing ore colors, preserving the utility of Tokuno dyes. First year vet reward, anniversary gift, whatever.

It's time. Seriously. This can't be hard to code. We've been asking for years. Come on.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That would be cool. But I would want some way to dye my bows and other weapons that are not exactly metal as well.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what about treasures of tokuno. This would only dye colors of ore's. Much like the leather dye tub.

C

Connor_Graham

Doesn't need to be a dye tub visually, can be called "a set of enamels" or whatever. Hues metal objects any of the existing ore colors, preserving the utility of Tokuno dyes. First year vet reward, anniversary gift, whatever.

It's time. Seriously. This can't be hard to code. We've been asking for years. Come on.
We've already got one in the coding, it just hasn't been released as such yet.

Beefybone

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am going to bump this forever. This is such an obvious thing that has been asked about ever since AOS.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i also want a leather dye tub that has regular colors in it...and also a regular dye tub with leather colors in it..
so all my leather and cloth actually can be dyed the same color.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i also want a leather dye tub that has regular colors in it...and also a regular dye tub with leather colors in it..
so all my leather and cloth actually can be dyed the same color.
Hmm, doesn't the special dye tub have the same colors that the leather dye tub has?

Beefybone

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bump. I am tired of people having to pay millions for tokuno dye or look like a clown.

R

RenaLynne

Bump. I am tired of people having to pay millions for tokuno dye or look like a clown.
I love looking like a clown!!!:D Seriously, who wants to look all drab? I dont get the pokes at neon wearing folk.:sad4:

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
More like we need this so we don't have to tokuno dye everything and look like a clown...

But seriously there needs to be a way to make suits match up. A tub that dyes metal with the same colors a leather tub has would be ideal because then you could match your leather and metal armor.

This is something we need and it is something that has probably been asked for since the introduction of the leather tubs.

Now that I think about this they should just do away with all tubs except for those that dye clothing and furniture and give us an armor customization tool of some sort.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We have been asking for metal dye tubs for quite a while now. I think this is a great Vet Reward idea.

C

Connor_Graham

Once again, the metal dye tub was recently added to the client files. We're going to be getting it, they just haven't told us how or when yet.

C

Coppelia

Last time we asked for metal dye tubs, a now ex-employee gave us those infamous Tokuno dies (from heartstroke, aneurism or suffocating on vomit, I don't know).
So be very careful when you ask it. And please don't pronounce the name of that ex-employee.

F

Flora Green

There is no reason to not have the metal tub AND the original Tokuno dyes.

Mezzac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello all,

I recently was at an art exhibition which had a lot of metal art on display - Most of the pieces had been coloured, not by paints or enamels, but rather by chemicals - Particularly in relation to the copper art pieces. I was amazed at the number of different colours you can produce chemically on metal.

This got me thinking that rather have a dye tub to colour our armor, why not make it a skill attached to either Blacksmith or Alchemist - (Metallurgy).

Like Glass Blowing and Stone Masonery, with Metallurgy, you would need to learn this additional skill and collect additional resources to use to undertake the operation. Different colours would be gained from different resources with some colours being very rare indeed.

Each batch of colour would only have very limited uses (like Toko Dyes - say 6 per standard suit) with ALL metal armor types (player made or Arti's) being able to be dyed.

Just a thought

Thanks Mezzac

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello all,

I recently was at an art exhibition which had a lot of metal art on display - Most of the pieces had been coloured, not by paints or enamels, but rather by chemicals - Particularly in relation to the copper art pieces. I was amazed at the number of different colours you can produce chemically on metal.

This got me thinking that rather have a dye tub to colour our armor, why not make it a skill attached to either Blacksmith or Alchemist - (Metallurgy).

Like Glass Blowing and Stone Masonery, with Metallurgy, you would need to learn this additional skill and collect additional resources to use to undertake the operation. Different colours would be gained from different resources with some colours being very rare indeed.

Each batch of colour would only have very limited uses (like Toko Dyes - say 6 per standard suit) with ALL metal armor types (player made or Arti's) being able to be dyed.

Just a thought

Thanks Mezzac
i actaully like this idea more than a tub, Because logically, the tub would be 11th year, thus making it hard for many people to get armor dyed. Most wont trust someone to give armor back.