• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Message to the crafters of Siege

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
It look like Siege are getting more players but they need PvM/PvP suits, cheap as well as better ones. I have little time to stock vendors so please restock a little of, what did sell in the past

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It look like Siege are getting more players but they need PvM/PvP suits, cheap as well as better ones. I have little time to stock vendors so please restock a little of, what did sell in the past
Now I wish I'd made a crafter. *shakes head*

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Broke my dagger the other day, skinning harpy, took me forever to get another. :Begging:

Barania

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been gone for 3 months or so....just returning and will be happy to stock some gear.. If anyone could suggest a few different types to focus on and a legit price range I will proceed.....probably have every resource required.

*makes mental note to stock a half dozen daggers*

Jack Nickelson

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What would go on a standard PvM and PvP suit? What would go on the better versions of both?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Cheap LRC mage suits and cheap dexer suits as a staple. Please make decent hats too! I pay extra for a decent hat. The high end stuff is likely best made to order.

I think Morgan got tired of making armor... That shop used to rock. I have several of those suits put away for a rainy day.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What would go on a standard PvM and PvP suit? What would go on the better versions of both?
My idea of a basic mage suit is 102LRC, 6MR, & 12 SR. What do most people put on the two basic suits?

Mr. Jamison

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
All 70s. Hpi. Stam Inc mana Inc lmc.
All 70s Hpi mana lrc lmc.
Then your pvm
Luck suit. Doesn't have to be maxed out. I usually go one point below needing special mats for my throw aways.

Mister Sinister

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
cheap mage suits are leather ar and have all 70s and on each piece lrc 17, lmc 7, mana increase 7, mr 1 and if there's enough space I would add hp increase 4.

cheap dexxer suits are preferrably studded armor (unless someone actually uses meditation) and have all 70s and on each piece lmc 7, stam increase 7, mana increase 7, hp incrase 4 and if there's space left maybe mr 1 but actually you should get your mana though mana leech on your weapon.

Those suits could be sold at around 200k to 250k depending on how much you fail with imbuing attempts and still rake in a little profit.

For dexxers there is also the sampire suit made of studded armor. To make up for the -25 fire resist of vampiric embrace these suits need to overcap fire resist by 25, so it'll be all 70s and 95 fire resist.

If the customer is an Elf he can have 75 energy resist, but since barbed ar usually has high engery resist this shouldn't be a problem. I recommend using a mix of barbed and horned leather to get two resists capped out before imbuing. Then imbue the rest of the resists to get to the cap for each resist and imbue all other mods. The cheapest resist to imbue is fire resist by the way...

Make sure you have armslore on when you craft the armor or else you'll end up with crappy resists!

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the info. :)

Wonder if that 12 Stamina Regen letting me get hauling rump again more quickly is why I've been getting away from pkers so far?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
cheap mage suits are leather ar and have all 70s and on each piece lrc 17, lmc 7, mana increase 7, mr 1 and if there's enough space I would add hp increase 4.
Thanks for the imput Sinester

Now it is not cheap, at least not for new Siege players and impossible to make with 6 mods. How much do you consider cheap for a suit?

A piece only have 5 imbuing mods, you will use one mod on each to get all 70 resist. No room for 4 HPI unless make half of the pieces with HPI and half with MI. Last mod will cost a lot as you will fail a lot and use lots of gem

1: Resist
2: 6-7 LMC
3: 17 LRC
4: 1 MR
5: 7 Mana Increace

I would not sell this for less than 160k, if I should make money for the time I use, 200k would be more fair.

To make the suit you wish and make it to a price less than 100k, we need Devs help.
- Add + 15 basic resist to both crafted item and to loot, that would spare me #1 mod and spare me a lot time and pain when crafting and it would make global loot easier to put together to a all 70 suit
- Remove 3x npc prices to lower the price of gems and give us Fel bonus to make gems easier to farm.
- let a Raised bed give 6-10 SoR instead of 2-3, and I could add 2MR on the better suits
- give us a tools for tailoring, tinkering, fletching and carpentry like the blue 10, 15 and 60 smith hammer, could be added to the traders quest, tailor bods, heartwood quests only on Siege.
- And remove or lesser Vendor fee.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cheap LRC mage suits and cheap dexer suits as a staple. Please make decent hats too! I pay extra for a decent hat. The high end stuff is likely best made to order.

I think Morgan got tired of making armor... That shop used to rock. I have several of those suits put away for a rainy day.
I had a mind to make suits, and I did make some out of loot, but crafting and imbuing a bunch of suits is just such a pain in the buttocks. Especially if they sit on the vendor for weeks. :(

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a mind to make suits, and I did make some out of loot, but crafting and imbuing a bunch of suits is just such a pain in the buttocks. Especially if they sit on the vendor for weeks. :(
Which, given my past experience, they would do. People want stuff to be for sale but rarely buy it.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I believe making some out of loot and put them on vendor will help the shard, so please do it.

Maybe we need a thread, where each vendor owner make one post each and post the suit and stuff they sell, like:

Stocked in Luna, Tina Tink
20000 LRC100, MR6, min 60 resist, male
50ooo LRC100, MR6, Luck 600, min 60 resist, male
160000 LRC 100, MR 6, LMC 40, MI 42, 5x70, garg
10000 Jewelry, 2x 15 skills
Etc.

Easy to search in Vendor Search for Crafter name and get a map to the vendor

Then edit the page, when you stock vendor with something new or give up stock something.
If you give up having vendor, delete your post, I believe that is possible if we all reply OP post and no one reply to vendor posts.

We could make a tread too, for players looking for item and vendor owner could a poster name to the item price so if Freja want a armor suit, add Freja after the price, when you stock, and it's easy to see if someone already put them on vendor, just search for Freja and the item will show and I can easy find the vendors, that filled my order.

Just some thoughts.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Which, given my past experience, they would do. People want stuff to be for sale but rarely buy it.
I think I sold a few loot LRC suits pretty quick, for like 10k each (which were terribly easy to put together) but they really were only useful for training or really low end stuff.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I sold a few loot LRC suits pretty quick, for like 10k each (which were terribly easy to put together) but they really were only useful for training or really low end stuff.
I sold the 100% lrc barbed suits I imbued for something like 10,000 each I think. They didn't sit all that long, probably thanks to the Dark Wisps picking off newbies.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Yes we do have a lot new Siege players and several returning reds too at the moment, they are lucky to get some cheap suits for training, they can afford losing.
I had sold some better suits too.
Just added 2 bone and one studded warrior set
160000 Warrior, LMC 40, MI 42, SI 42, HPI 24
Will make more mage suits now
160000 LRC 100, MR 6, LMC 40, MI 42, 5x70
then I will make some cheaper suit, for training too

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Going to start stocking my Moonglow Cotton field vendor with low to mid range suits again. Going to be another week or so before I have collected enough gems to do any serious imbuing though. I seem to burn through the saphires :(

Mister Sinister

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
A piece only have 5 imbuing mods, you will use one mod on each to get all 70 resist. No room for 4 HPI unless make half of the pieces with HPI and half with MI. Last mod will cost a lot as you will fail a lot and use lots of gem

1: Resist
2: 6-7 LMC
3: 17 LRC
4: 1 MR
5: 7 Mana Increace
You are doing it wrong Freja and you misunderstood me there. Let me try to clear this up:
Before you imbue anything you select the AR pieces and put them together so you will not have to imbue resists on every piece of the suit.
That way you'll end up with a suit that has let's say 4 pieces that need imbuing for resist, lmc, lrc, mr, mana increase, while the other 2 pieces don't need a resist imbued and thus can have lmc, lrc, mr, mana increase, hp increase.
It's a little more effort to put the suit together but it pays off (for me at least). That's why I mix barbed and horned armor pieces. While barbed has more resists in total, it usually has very high energy, which you don't need. Horned has 1 point less in total but has less points wasted in energy resist.

Now of course the last mod will increase the price a little through fails. However if you calculated your costs a little you notice that it pays off to imbue lrc last for example because it uses only amber (150gp) and magical residue which virtually costs nothing at all. thus I can fail 10 times and still only loose around 10k. All you need to do is sit down once and take the time to figure out what each imbuing attempt costs for every mod you usually put on your pieces. according to my calculations this is the order in which I imbue stuff for dexxers:

lmc, stamina, mana, resist, hp, mr (if there's room).

For mage suits this is the order:

lmc, mana, hp (if there's room), resist, mr, lrc

It also pays to piece the suit together in a way that you can avoid imbuing physical resist since that uses diamonds (600gp!). Fire resist is the cheapest of them all since rubies are only 225gp. Cold and poison use saphires and emeralds which are 300gp each.

Hope this helps

Mister Sinister

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Just added 2 bone and one studded warrior set
160000 Warrior, LMC 40, MI 42, SI 42, HPI 24
Why not take the bone and studded set to 50% lmc? bone and studded have 3 lmc bonus, so all you need to do is imbue 7 lmc on each piece except for the head piece (no studded headpiece in the game). 10% difference in mana cost is huge! especially for warriors who don't have a lot of mana! I would never use a 40% lmc suit on my warrior unless he would use meditation (which rarely is the case...)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I'm not doing anything wrong, but a lot like hats instead of helm and that mean only one piece do not need resist.

Still you said cheap, I don't know what you believe price should be but I know, vs my time, the 160k I take is to cheap if I want to make profit too :p

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Why not take the bone and studded set to 50% lmc? bone and studded have 3 lmc bonus, so all you need to do is imbue 7 lmc on each piece except for the head piece (no studded headpiece in the game). 10% difference in mana cost is huge! especially for warriors who don't have a lot of mana! I would never use a 40% lmc suit on my warrior unless he would use meditation (which rarely is the case...)
I only counted the mods, I know there is more than the 40 I added because it is bone with a plate gorget

Mister Sinister

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I believe making some out of loot and put them on vendor will help the shard, so please do it.
Adding loot to make a suit really helps but you gotta do it right. As I mentioned before there is no studded head piece in the game, so I typically would add a looted head piece with overcapped resists to make all 70s even easier in the head slot. Things I'm looking for in loot for that head slot is overcapped resists and stamina increase. everything else is optional and a nice bonus...

I am surprised how little people obviously know about putting suits together and what casters/warriors really need...

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
People don't like getting headache from trying, easier to but a suit :)
Good night, I better find that bed :p

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I just reread my posts and realized that I sound a little arrogant in there. That was not intended, but I don't feel like editing it all now so please imagine me being all not-arrogant :-D
Don't worried, I know you are not arrogant :)

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just reread my posts and realized that I sound a little arrogant in there. That was not intended, but I don't feel like editing it all now so please imagine me being all not-arrogant :-D
I didn't take it as such, I think these were good tips, many may have not known.

Ansel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I miss the days when you didn't need a engineering degree to build a good suit :)
Yes, I used to think too, Tyrath.....until I tried other games and their alleged crafting systems. Although I know games like Lord of the Rings Online or The Elder Scrolls Online didn't mean to convey this I felt like they were telling me they thought I was a moron. Well...that and the fact that leveling games treat you as if you need to be told what to do every danged second.

But I digress....;)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I believe the crafting is ok, there is a lot of freedom to make stuff, but for Siege, it do take to long to build a suit and it is to expensive. It's a good thing, it is complicated, this way, not all will make their own suits.

Arradin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agree with Freja.
The way it is now makes it worthwhile to be a crafter, if you enjoy it :)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh not saying I don't enjoy it or that it is not worthwhile, just that there was something to be said for the days when it was not so complex. I love making dragon scale suits no reason other than I like them and with imbuing I can actually make them worthwhile. Using a combo of scales its pretty easy to pound out a high resist suit that does not require a lot of imbuing to get it to 70 leaving more room for other mods. Most of them I make are all 70s 2mr 7lmc and then toss in whatever else I can squeeze into it. Mage suits I build the fairly standard 2mr 7lmc 17 lrc and use a combo of spined, horned and barbed to get the resist as high as possible with the least resources. Just started playing around with reforging going to take me a while to get that all figured out but made some nice pieces so far.... Also made a alot of junk :)

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I might buy a scale suit... Is it sparkly?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Seem like all vendors selling Masteries books sold out, I have a few new and returning members looking for one

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seem like all vendors selling Masteries books sold out, I have a few new and returning members looking for one
I lowered the prices on the ones I had left, and someone nabbed them all. :( I probably won't be getting more any time soon.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea, mastery book would be cool! And a crafter that sets up a vendor with carpenter-furniture of the more diverse kind such as footlockers, armoires and so on. If I can find such items, they mostly have weird colors like green.

Thanks and best wishes!

Ansel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yea, mastery book would be cool! And a crafter that sets up a vendor with carpenter-furniture of the more diverse kind such as footlockers, armoires and so on. If I can find such items, they mostly have weird colors like green.

Thanks and best wishes!
Yeah, what's up with that? I noticed the same thing when I went shopping for container furniture....oy vey....my eyes!! :)

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By the way, Ansel: Trying to get a book of masteries for you.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow... started an all nighter to stock my housing deco vendors, I can see why people are grousing they can't find anything... yeep!

Went through my old price list, what little turned up on vendor search was priced so low there is no profit possible though it will keep the vendor fees really low. :confused:

Ansel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Wow... started an all nighter to stock my housing deco vendors, I can see why people are grousing they can't find anything... yeep!

Went through my old price list, what little turned up on vendor search was priced so low there is no profit possible though it will keep the vendor fees really low. :confused:
Heck of a choice there :rolleyes:

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heck of a choice there :rolleyes:
*Laughs*

Guess I'm going to go with the typical 250 gold price to keep the vendor costs low. A Wealthy Merchant I'm not gonna be... :sad2:

Gonna have to find things to gather that sell for some decent gold. :p

Barania

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I been rummaging thru stuff and have aany bags[ 3 chars] from the last 3 years or so. If there is anything specific ya need...let me know. Not big into deco but did notice some stuff.

Jack Nickelson

Arradin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i had my addons/furniture vendor up last time i played , and they actually sold out.

Hmm, i guess i will stock up again, 99.6 on my miner/lumberjacker now so i will start gathering my own stuff for more profit to keep costs low.

Will most likely use the moonglow house next to Jack, the great guy!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
My Armor Vendor sell fast too, special the mage suits

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Laughs*

Guess I'm going to go with the typical 250 gold price to keep the vendor costs low. A Wealthy Merchant I'm not gonna be... :sad2:

Gonna have to find things to gather that sell for some decent gold. :p
Yea it's a shame. Getting rid of vendor fees on this shard would really raise the incentive to open shops that sell craftable deco, and other sort of niche ****. Otherwise like you say... it just seems like a waste of time.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just added some more stock before starting my day. Got Chairs, Tables, Cabinets & such on my vendors.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL Running a Vendor on Siege is more of a public service than a profit making venture ;)
That's always sort of how I saw it, but if you don't break even because you stuff just sits there, it becomes less and less fun.