• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

MESANNAS ANS TO GYPSE WAGONS

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
APPEARS DEY NEBER READS THE BOARDS. GYPSE WAGON THERAD HAS BEEN ON GOING ON UHALL ALONG TIME.
HERZ ACTED LIKE HERZ NEBER HEARD OB GYPSE WAGONS
It's true. The thread began about two years ago... but it's clear that the idea has never been given a serious look by the "Dark Lady" or her team. :(

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah that was weird. It's been a popular idea for a long time with lots of support but totally not even in the real of possibility for the dev team.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
APPEARS DEY NEBER READS THE BOARDS. GYPSE WAGON THERAD HAS BEEN ON GOING ON UHALL ALONG TIME.
Whats that you say? You're looking for a Tipsy Wagon?
"Think D'hem be out D'her down by D'hem taverns"

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Whats that you say? You're looking for a Tipsy Wagon?
"Think D'hem be out D'her down by D'hem taverns"
If we ever get the proposed gypsy wagon, the drinks are on me. But it looks like I won't be buying any time soon. :(

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
HERZ YOU WANTS WAGON JUST FOR RP STUFF???
LIKE YA HELO

Lady CaT

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
HERZ YOU WANTS WAGON JUST FOR RP STUFF???
LIKE YA HELO
Now that is funny! What else is this stuff for??

Because you know every other EM item or sleeping puppy,claw foot tub,silver tray etc.... is soooooo useful in game for PvP.

*attempts to sic sleeping puppy on mob*...zzzzzZZZZZ....Wake up!....OooOooOoooOO
*adjusts tub shower spray to pulse and aims at fire elemental*........OoOoOoooOOOoo
*attempts to beat liche with silver tray*.......OooOooOoOOoo

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Unless I'm not quite grasping the entirety of the suggestion, that doesn't really sound like what I had originally proposed -- a portable wagon with time limits, that could be moved from place to place, rather like picking up a ship deed (or more like a an old tent or small house deed). Or perhaps my reading comprehension has taken a turn for the worse. That wouldn't surprise me at this point, of course. :)

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Unless I'm not quite grasping the entirety of the suggestion, that doesn't really sound like what I had originally proposed -- a portable wagon with time limits, that could be moved from place to place, rather like picking up a ship deed (or more like a an old tent or small house deed). Or perhaps my reading comprehension has taken a turn for the worse. That wouldn't surprise me at this point, of course. :)
It would be a testing phase before making it to the originally proposed idea. Sometimes you have to run a few trials before introducing something so grand. :)

But obviously no one liked it so I deleted the idea

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
It would be a testing phase before making it to the originally proposed idea. Sometimes you have to run a few trials before introducing something so grand. :)

But obviously no one liked it so I deleted the idea
No reason to delete any idea, Gareth. :(

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
No reason to delete any idea, Gareth. :(
Yes the idea was not on the track of what you were looking for but it was in the ballpark. In my experience when it comes to wanting something in game it is always best to start with something they already have implemented. Once they begin tinkering with the idea then they become "Invested" in the project and once that happens they are more likely to continue to expand on the idea and finally reach what you are suggesting.

If someone comes up with a Grand Idea I am less likely to contribute to it because the project would be overwhelming for me. If they come up with smaller ideas that eventually reach their desired goal, then I am more likely to invest my time and resources. (Not speaking for how the Devs work, thats just how I work)

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Yes the idea was not on the track of what you were looking for but it was in the ballpark. In my experience when it comes to wanting something in game it is always best to start with something they already have implemented. Once they begin tinkering with the idea then they become "Invested" in the project and once that happens they are more likely to continue to expand on the idea and finally reach what you are suggesting.

If someone comes up with a Grand Idea I am less likely to contribute to it because the project would be overwhelming for me. If they come up with smaller ideas that eventually reach their desired goal, then I am more likely to invest my time and resources. (Not speaking for how the Devs work, thats just how I work)
Well, my response wasn't a criticism of your idea... more like a knee-jerk inflexibility on my part. I do, in fact, welcome all and any input on this idea.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I miss Ozog * ears droop * :(

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya it looks more like a decoration than anything. My guess would be a decoration for trick or treating.

Makes me think about the old chuck wagon commercial.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Ya it looks more like a decoration than anything. My guess would be a decoration for trick or treating.

Makes me think about the old chuck wagon commercial.
I had forgotten about those old commercials. They weren't bad, as commercials go. :)

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Hmmm, that green pumpkin is pretty ugly... Is it me, though, or does that pic just make anyone else sad? It's June, but that pic is all about what pretty much looks like a re-re-re-rerun of the same Halloween "event" we've had for several years now... off to read the newsletter to see if they're really holding pub 94 off til that late in the year... :/