• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mesanna regarding one of the questions

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
of mine you wasn't sure what I was asking..... and I apologize me being a little vague on the subject.

What I meant was there are many parts in all facets where players can't place housing because of the uneven land and trees in the way. Basically my question was instead of leaving them that way, put small villages like 2 to 3 houses, tents, maybe even shacks there. Add a few NPC's to make it more real of a small outpost or village.

When players who would like to explore or RP could utilize these areas in the game in all facets in their stories and such. EM's could even use them for the live arc in the future if possible. There are some areas already like that in the game but mostly empty buildings. If i recall one area is a little north east then go south east from Vesper. The buildings are there but no NPC's at all. Not sure why it's there in the first place but that is kind of an example already in the game.

The tents east of Minoc is another example. Looks cool and all but bare. No NPC miners or anything. Maybe have a NPC tinker where players can buy mining equipment. at least. Add a small mining quest maybe just for RP purposes.

There are many places in all facets that could be used. As I see it some citizens (NPC's) decided to get away from the cities and move out to farm the lands, get away from the murder and thievery in some cities, avoiding taxes by corrupt officials in the cities, or start a new because they may had a past life they are hiding. Guess it's the RP side of me that enjoys a possible story that an area like that can be.

Was no biggie and I know you have more important things to tackle but I wanted to clarify since in the video you wan't sure on that question.

I also would like to thank you and the rest of the dev team on taking time to answer the questions from me and the UO community. I hope that thief question I asked gives you all some good discussion and ideas :p