• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Merge Party Thread!

G

<blockquote><hr>

What... I seem fine!

[/ QUOTE ]
Your the man Lee!!!

<blockquote><hr>

If you can keep your head when all about you Are losing theirs and blaming it on you, If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you, But make allowance for their doubting too; If you can wait and not be tired by waiting, Or being lied about, don't deal in lies, Or being hated, don't give way to hating, And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise: If you can dream-and not make dreams your master; If you can think-and not make thoughts your aim; If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster And treat those two imposters just the same; If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools, Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken, And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools: If you can make one heap of all your winnings And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss, And lose, and start again at your beginnings And never breathe a word about your loss; If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew To serve your turn long after they are gone, And so hold on when there is nothing in you Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on!" If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue, Or walk with Kings-nor lose the common touch, If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you, If all men count with you, but none too much; If you can fill the unforgiving minute With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And-which is more-you'll be a Man, my son!

[/ QUOTE ]

G

i sing high on a hill lived a lonely goat herd yodel a yodel a yodel a yooo hooo if i get song stuck in me head trouble is it sticks there too

I

imported_SimTripps

Rudyard Kipling! I've got that poem hanging in my bathroom lol!

C

coyoteee

Wow, I missed all the action by sleeping. Patching back over to Tc3 now... can't wait to see the circus.

~Coy O.O

I

imported_LFancey

Thanks for telling us about the issues. There are going to be issues that we need sorted out.

Also you should all know who that the real magicians last night where the engineering team. Even though there are likely to be issues they all worked very hard to bring the city back online.

Big thanks to them they deserve it.

Lee

M

MandiK

Thanks guys for having it together
I logged on to my TC (merged) sim today, and she has her body! WOOO and bookmarks.

C

coyoteee

<blockquote><hr>

Thanks for telling us about the issues. There are going to be issues that we need sorted out.

Also you should all know who that the real magicians last night where the engineering team. Even though there are likely to be issues they all worked very hard to bring the city back online.

Big thanks to them they deserve it.

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

WTG. You guys kick butt. I found Luc online when I logged on. That's the crack of dawn and officially qualifies as "above and beyond." lmao.

See, testing is fun!

~Coy

G

So happy the city is up again

Problems so far, is that I only see my sims heads on the select sim screen, and simpages. When they land on properties, their bodies are intact
Also sims on my friends list and on properties lack bodies on their simpages.

Besides that, all's well so far

G

things I've noticed wrong so far:

sim page of tc3 sims is bodyless
comments went to retrieving for TC sims
some crafted things lost names: pet paintings, beds, sprinklers, sprayers,
plasma tvs, recliners, and coffee tables
our sand peninsula shows grass lot with no water and also was a store lot that is now in the money catagory
one side grass lot with water shows no water
TC sims can search for TC3 sims, but not vice versa

On the reverse here, my floating ball survived the merge
and my pets seem to still be as nice or as rotten as they were before

I want to thank you guys for all the hard work, and for getting my female body back, that was a shock to my system last night lol

*edited to add coffee tables and recliners to list above

I

imported_DutchAmerica

YAY Country Grl!!!

I'm glad the floating ball made the trip!

G

Another thing I noted, is that neighborhood zoom does not work in TC.....so you can not 'go out' to look at your neighbors or your lot.

Also, I changed my category to money...so I can use the items I had, but the dialog said that 'single money objects except easels' would work....but easels work, so is this for a future change? A mistake? or what?

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I can see neighborhood view in TC just fine. However, I did select the TC map view from far zoom first. You have to make sure you are on the correct map to see neighborhood view.

G

If you are in your house in TC and try to view the neighborhood it sends you to city view of TC3.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

If you are in your house in TC and try to view the neighborhood it sends you to city view of TC3.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you select TC in far zoom map first, then zoom in to your house you will see your neighborhood when you select neighborhood view from your house.

Make sure to select the map you wish to view from far zoom first.

Works fine for me.

F

festrmentmagnet

My main concern is: When we first log into Tc3 we see the TC3 map and that is it, we have to zoom out to see the properties in TC. I just hope people searching for money lots and store lots or any lots remember to zoom out and consider the lots open in ye old TC , as well.

And, this is a bit premature, but I am wondering if property move will be available between TC and Tc3.

I'd like to move my TC sims into my TC3 neighborhood.

M

Monkeybear

When I viewed to neighbourhood view in TC I seen a neighbourhood with numbers

G

Weeel, I just want to add, again, this is the most fun I have had in 4 years.

ROFLMAOPIMP

And I hope this thread, also the funniest in 4 years, lives forever!

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Neighborhoods, as well as properties, will have the numbered tag at the end if they are duplicate names, exactly the same way sim names are tagged with numbers when moved/merged.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Neighborhoods, as well as properties, will have the numbered tag at the end if they are duplicate names, exactly the same way sim names are tagged with numbers when moved/merged.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this work by age of the neighbour hood?

Like the sims, When the cities merged which ever sim was older out of the two that had the same names got to keep theres and the other got numbers.

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

Of that, I am not sure. It's been a question I've been meaning to ask the dev team. If you drop by the pub before I get a chance, it's a great question. I'd imagine that it goes by the age of founding the house name/neighborhood.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Of that, I am not sure. It's been a question I've been meaning to ask the dev team. If you drop by the pub before I get a chance, it's a great question. I'd imagine that it goes by the age of founding the house name/neighborhood.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ill see what I can do

B

Bindy

*tagging to CG to add my findings*

Problems seen so far on my lots in TC:

My two sims and my sisters sim have lots on a sand island which now upon landing on these lots are grass instead of sand.

Two of the lots are 3 sided water peninsulas and one is a two sided water. When on each lot no water shows anywhere.

On several tries of viewing my neighborhood from my lot in TC , I would say about half the time I get the actual neighborhood the other half I get a view of TC3.

Most of my crafted items lost who the maker of the items were.

Thats about all Ive seen glitched so far, if I find more I'll let you know.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

Another thing I noted, is that neighborhood zoom does not work in TC.....so you can not 'go out' to look at your neighbors or your lot.

Also, I changed my category to money...so I can use the items I had, but the dialog said that 'single money objects except easels' would work....but easels work, so is this for a future change? A mistake? or what?

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed that too Gilly.

It is nrather obnoxious having to keep going out to the big map and clicking on TC to see our neighbors.

Also when you try to zoom in on your house/neighborhood, the 'zoom in' sends you 90% of the time to the top left of the city map. Don't know if you had that problem.

I would love to see the default when logging on be the big map and not just tc3. I believe many newer inexperienced players will miss out on the TC area because it's not apparent that it exists when you log in.

G

can anyone post a screenie of the new big map for those of us that dont play anymore?
ty!

I

imported_LFancey

Thanks Bindy,

<blockquote><hr>

*tagging to CG to add my findings*

My two sims and my sisters sim have lots on a sand island which now upon landing on these lots are grass instead of sand.

Two of the lots are 3 sided water peninsulas and one is a two sided water. When on each lot no water shows anywhere.

On several tries of viewing my neighborhood from my lot in TC , I would say about half the time I get the actual neighborhood the other half I get a view of TC3.

[/ QUOTE ]

The map has a glitch and we have it noted.

<blockquote><hr>

Most of my crafted items lost who the maker of the items were.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was data lost on some crafted items. We can not resolve this for TC3. We do have the merge script fixed for future merges.

Thanks for the list.

Lee

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

My main concern is: When we first log into Tc3 we see the TC3 map and that is it, we have to zoom out to see the properties in TC. I just hope people searching for money lots and store lots or any lots remember to zoom out and consider the lots open in ye old TC , as well.

And, this is a bit premature, but I am wondering if property move will be available between TC and Tc3.

I'd like to move my TC sims into my TC3 neighborhood.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree that when logging in to TC3 we are immediately taken to the TC3 map and must zoom out to go to TC. I would much rather see the far zoom map when I log in so that I can choose where I want to go. Right now we only have two choices but this will be even more of a nuisance once we are in EA-Land.

I found it was possible to move TC3 houses to TC but it is impossible to move TC properties anywhere. You can't even move your TC property to another location within TC map itself.

M

Monkeybear

<blockquote><hr>

can anyone post a screenie of the new big map for those of us that dont play anymore?
ty!

[/ QUOTE ]

M

Monkeybear

Yep, I don't like how we automatically go to TC3 and have to zoom out to see the TC and OE [Ocean's Edge] Properties

G

A couple of things to look at.
I had 3 sims in TC, all move ok but cannot be found in any searches.
My property moved fine as well but again cannot be found in any searches.
The property does not appear on the map when its open.
I tried renaming the property which made no difference.
I tried to move the property to tc3 and was not able.
All that aside I think the work you guys have done is great and hope you get the bugs sorted out soon.
Thanx guys.

I

imported_LFancey

BiteMe,

Thansk for the list. We have all those noted as bugs.

Cheers,

Lee

PS
I almost hit "Continue" after the first line.

M

Monkeybear

<blockquote><hr>

BiteMe,

Cheers,

Lee

PS

[/ QUOTE ]

lol!

"Biteme"

I

imported_SimTripps

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

BiteMe,

Cheers,

Lee

PS

[/ QUOTE ]

lol!

"Biteme"

[/ QUOTE ]

I laughed at that one too lol...

Yep - my TC snow lot is now a grass lot, even though it still shows up on the snowy mountain top lol.. Like others have said - tried to move the property, and it won't allow me too - get a 'you FAILED, fool!' message when tried. I'll post other glitches as they come up lol..