• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Meet the Candidates: Guy Greywulfe of Britain

Katrina Hawkins

UO Catskills News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
This relative newcomer to the political arena has challenged Lady Pandora for her seat in Britain. Lord Greywulfe hails from a moderately sized farm outside of Britain, and recently became interested in running for the seat in the hopes of making a change for the better. If elected he hopes to primarily make Britain the leader in research on how to cure the recent plague, and come up with a more permanent solution to lowering crime in the city. He plans to also work on several events including a crafting night to attract commerce to the city. When questioned about his participation in the previously held town hall meetings Lord Greywulfe responded that he was not present at any of them as his work kept him from attending. He then went on to question if he should have had to personally request that the governor address the plague and crime.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mr invisible we call you.....you appear out of no where....spend no time attempting to be part of the community....no time making a difference! Yet asking for support and criticizing those that have done all the work???

Does Britain need another Johnny come lately??? These are serious times and we need serious leadership....

At best you are someone new who hasn't spent the time and done any of the work, yet wants to reap the reward....
At worse....you are a coward , hiding your true name and past deeds under the guise of a new persona.

I challenge thee sir to cast off this illusion and let your true self be displayed...
If you take offence to anything I have said I will gladly meet you in Brit on felucca and allow you the chance to defend you honour....
But we all know snakes and cowards never do that....so keep hiding, but don't believe for a moment that you have anyone fooled!

TW

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mr invisible we call you.....you appear out of no where....spend no time attempting to be part of the community....no time making a difference! Yet asking for support and criticizing those that have done all the work???

Does Britain need another Johnny come lately??? These are serious times and we need serious leadership....

At best you are someone new who hasn't spent the time and done any of the work, yet wants to reap the reward....
At worse....you are a coward , hiding your true name and past deeds under the guise of a new persona.

I challenge thee sir to cast off this illusion and let your true self be displayed...
If you take offence to anything I have said I will gladly meet you in Brit on felucca and allow you the chance to defend you honour....
But we all know snakes and cowards never do that....so keep hiding, but don't believe for a moment that you have anyone fooled!

TW
I know now for sure who this person is and they are from the players of the Rangers group. Suspicions that grew out of a rumor back on Atlantic had me thinking so, and it was confirmed to me yesterday by Lady Gillian which I truly appreciate her honesty and will not soon forget it. It's a disappointment really because I thought better of this group of folks. They asked the other candidate for Skara Brae not to run against them because they wanted the Governorship for their RP purposes, which Martina refused to do, yet its okay to run against another RP'er in Britain for what? Spite? Just to see what would get under Pandy's skin? And then you wonder why she feels attacked? Why she feels targeted? Must be because this character came out of no where. Would Pandy ever run in Trinsic or in Skara Brae in the same way? No. She would not. Has she ever? No. She has not.

And you see that's why I was so disappointed before when you all rallied against Pandora for Smoot, a player who plays primarily on Atlantic and ended up doing absolutely nothing for Britain other than go to 1 meeting, show up hours late to the 2nd, and completely miss the 3rd. The RP community should not be working against each other, you all should be working with each other. So many other towns out there that someone could have made an alt to run in that go either a) unrepresented, or b) not represented in the spirit of RP. Hence why my character, who is a native Skara Braeian, voted for Lady Gillian.

At least, I commend Flutter for putting herself out there and saying, yes that's my character that I am using to run against Pandora.

~ Sue.

Jordan Thyme

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Not quite what I said, at all. And the thing here is really not about Pandora.. this thread shouldn't be. yes, I'm toning down my message. If someone wants to argue on an rp level and try to take a town that way, I am all for it. Rp is rp... but truthfully in the case of Skara, it's not about that. It's about a buff we don't use.

Thank you again, for the vote.

Last edited:

Inkboy the Wild

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I see, at the last minute, alliances and friendships will be tempted and likely altered.

It is important that we stay focused to the cause of our roles in the politics of our realm and to ensure that our goals and interests are for the benefit of all people and Catskills as a whole.

During my campaign for Governor and through our events charged with bringing together community and activity I have had the opportunity to observe and review the merit with which each Governor or candidate displays --- except that of Lord GreyWulfe --- without personal biased or unnecessary attachments.

Under Elven Song I will continue to push forward with the benefit of our realm at the forefront of all we do and, with the seat of Minoc, shall do so with even more tenacity.

In this process, Elven Song supports Lady Pandora for Governess of Britain and will provide additional support to see that her Hospital completes construction swiftly.

Additionally, we continue forward with the alliances forged beforehand with the candidates' of Yew, Skara Brae and Vesper.

Be mindful of humility; the mightiest are often those who fall the quickest.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greywulfe is running this whole campaign through RP. Are some of his posts a bit provocative? sure they are. Can most of them be backed up by in character observations? yes, they can. I've stayed out of the race in Britain because it doesn't really affect me or mine who has the seat. I was happy to see someone taking an IC perspective and using it to campaign, this is what the community needs to keep growing. We have more people then ever joining the RP community from other shards, Catskills is finally truly turning into the hub for RP we want it to be. Let's try and keep the comments on his campaign in character as well please. In the end it's only good for the shard as long as everyone can remember that it's RP, it isn't personal. That's one of the top rules, but one that is often forgotten in the heat of the moment.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay.. first off.. what I said was.. It was a friend and an Rp'er. Secondly If you check with Pandora.. she'll tell you that up until the last month or so.. I myself planned to run against her. And I would have done so with relish.. Actually I was itching to.. And I promise you I would have been much crueler than Greywulf has been. And I tried to tell you that part last night too. I didn't because at the end of the day, Skara is our town and as a Ranger that is where my focus needs to be.

So the issue with Pandora is that she dislikes competition.. even if it is on an rp level. Which.. in this case.. let's see... Undead, never at her own meetings the last month.. and a few others things.. people can back it for an Rp reason. Truthfully, I would not have minded someone running against us.. for an RP reason. In this case.. it's not about the rp.. it's about the damn trade buff, something we don't use anyway.

That wonderful excuse I've been given lately.. of "real life issues" for her.. from a few of her friends. The truth is.. it wasn't real life issues.. she turned tail and ran like she always does when she feels backed into a corner. The least bit of even Healthy competition and she finds an excuse.. and if you like, let's start naming times. I can give him in spades.

And It kills me, really kills me.. that this has ONCE AGAIN.. become an OH poor IT's ALL ABOUT PANDY thread.

And I made sure to thank you. I even stated how surprised I was that you were there... there's a reason for that.
Gillian, I asked you directly for the truth. You told me it was an alt of an RP'er... yes, but when I wanted to clarify if it was part of the group of players that play the Rangers, you said yes.

And if you wanted to run against Pandora, why? I've never known Gillian to have a single connection to Britain or heck when did you last attend any of the events held there with the exception of the beginning of this year? And to use your own words, Pandora doesn't dislike competition if its on a REAL RP level not because of someone decided to spin off an alt or bring in someone from another shard to do so because of how a group feels about her as a person or what she was or was not doing with a game mechanic. You do remember the issue with Smoot correct? You remember that that whole thing was about a "damn trade buff". You told me last night you don't "see eye to eye" with her, but why? What has she ever done to you, specifically? She doesn't hang out much in other towns, she doesn't do anything to anyone for them to have such hatred for them. So yes I'd like to know and we can continue that in PM's if you'd like because I'd like to get to the bottom of this discordance really. Not just for us, but for the community. Its split us up long enough!

As for Pandora's health issues, have been stated by her personally before here and are widely known, I can confirm that Pandora has Cystic Fibrosis. Its a genetic disease that causes severe lung issues and infections with frequent trips to the hospital. Because of all the hours she has had to put in work for her new job, her health has suffered quite a bit. So yes, she has been sick and no, its not an excuse. She missed two of her own Town Hall meetings due to that out of the ... how many months she held them 4 or 5? ... where she held them every two weeks.

I personally do what I feel is right and I feel we should be promoting our RP'ers in their current spots, hence my vote for you. If they are missing council meetings, resigning mid-term, etc. etc. then they should be replaced. But ALL of us should be supporting our RP'ers in their current role. If you think that's not how we all in CoD view things, think again. Its the reason we never run against others in other cities that are well represented by RP'ers. When I took up Minoc, it was very much unrepresented; there are plenty of cities that still to this day are that way.

~ Sue.

Jordan Thyme

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
We can certainly continue that argument in pm's.. as it will long. However, Gillian's backstory has always been born in Britain. Yes, not something I advertise.. because unlike other people.. you don't get her story unless you rp with me and learn it. I won't just put it up on boards, that's way too easy. You'll find most of us.. you have to RP with, to find out things about us.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greywulfe is running this whole campaign through RP. Are some of his posts a bit provocative? sure they are. Can most of them be backed up by in character observations? yes, they can. I've stayed out of the race in Britain because it doesn't really affect me or mine who has the seat. I was happy to see someone taking an IC perspective and using it to campaign, this is what the community needs to keep growing.
My point is this: If you spin off an alt to run against someone that's already an RP'er in a well represented town... how is that growing the community Thom? Its not someone new. Its an alt... an alt that was trying to represent themselves as someone new. That's not community growth.

We have more people then ever joining the RP community from other shards, Catskills is finally truly turning into the hub for RP we want it to be. Let's try and keep the comments on his campaign in character as well please. In the end it's only good for the shard as long as everyone can remember that it's RP, it isn't personal. That's one of the top rules, but one that is often forgotten in the heat of the moment.
To grow the community, really and honestly, you have to have a cohesiveness between each other that appeals to outsiders looking in. We really do need to iron out all these issues.... if its a TeamSpeak or Ventrilo conversation or a PM conversation... someone should step up and try to work these out. I'd be more than happy to do that!

~ Sue.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We can certainly continue that argument in pm's.. as it will long. However, Gillian's backstory has always been born in Britain. Yes, not something I advertise.. because unlike other people.. you don't get her story unless you rp with me and learn it. I won't just put it up on boards, that's way too easy. You'll find most of us.. you have to RP with, to find out things about us.
I would be happy to try to work things out with you Gillian. I've personally never had a bad thing to say of you.

~ Sue.

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am hesitant to jump into this conversation as I've been very happy with the overall tone of this campaign as opposed to prior ones and I don't really think getting into a whole argument about charavter motivations is conducive for anyone.

Bianca, if you or anyone else is interested I will gladly speak with you as the GM of the Rangers via pm or ICQ or even in-game party chat. But this thread isn't really the place for this stuff.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am hesitant to jump into this conversation as I've been very happy with the overall tone of this campaign as opposed to prior ones and I don't really think getting into a whole argument about charavter motivations is conducive for anyone.

Bianca, if you or anyone else is interested I will gladly speak with you as the GM of the Rangers via pm or ICQ or even in-game party chat. But this thread isn't really the place for this stuff.
I agreed and reached out to Gillian directly. I'll add you to that conversation, if you'd like.

~ Sue.