• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mechanical Failure on Atlantic Ilshenar Champ Alters

Pink Dragoness

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And if there are other shards having this issue, please post it here.

Will there be an ETA on some the issues traveling around this board about broken things from the last publish?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Last night on GL we had an issue at the spawn near Compassion.... it got to the level with all candles out ... but no spawn....

Then again at Valor the alter seemed to freeze up and stop during the swawn with ophidians, right after the second level, the alter seemed to freeze up before going on to the Third level once all the second level spawn was killed there was nothing else...

After some time both reset back to the begining.... seems to be a hit or miss malfunction of some sort. NOT at all sure if this is unique to GL or not but that's what I observed.

Pink Dragoness

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*nods*
When we finished a spawn, and the alter reset, it just reset with all the candles. We did not even have to get first or second spawn before malfunction.
It is still that way this friday morning.
Bad time to have broken champ spawn alters everywhere, can I say *Weekend*

B

Beastmaster

Somehow I think our Devs haven't made enough candelabras and lockpicks yet. Its becoming obvious they are not GM tinkers. Either that or they need to introduce tinkering powerscrolls so they can get more skill past 100.

Bardie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Despise was on 4 candles no spawn all night on Napa...And a few other spawns i ran through (on a red) i was getting the whole "The angry monsters wont attack because of your new status" (yes i know that's no where close but u get my jist) fun stuff...and hoppers bog spawn just sat on level 2

M

MorganaLeFey

*nods*
When we finished a spawn, and the alter reset, it just reset with all the candles. We did not even have to get first or second spawn before malfunction.
It is still that way this friday morning.
Bad time to have broken champ spawn alters everywhere, can I say *Weekend*
I had the same experience last night at the Lord Oaks altar in Tram/Napa, Ilshenar. Also no spawn advance, only altar full of candles.

I reported it and decided to go to bed. Don't know if it's the same this morning as I have yet to log in.

UltimatePower

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had the same experience last night at the Lord Oaks altar in Tram/Napa, Ilshenar. Also no spawn advance, only altar full of candles.

I reported it and decided to go to bed. Don't know if it's the same this morning as I have yet to log in.
Had the same problem on Baja last night Did one ish oaks spawn just fine, then about 30 min later, there was 3 red candles, so i started killing shadow wisps. Then it jumped up to 16 red candles and 4 white. Then no more monsters spawned. Paged a gm, and 10 min later it jumped back to 3 candles and was normal. Canceled my gm page, so not sure if a gm reset it, or if it just restarted on it own.
Was able to finish the spawn, but didn't stick around to see if it happened again.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
same thing, or a mix of the things, on Legends Ilsh spawns too...
This happened because they tried to turn up the SoT drop rate? If so, hope they turn em back down, at least a functional spawn had a chance of dropping something!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
same thing, or a mix of the things, on Legends Ilsh spawns too...
This happened because they tried to turn up the SoT drop rate? If so, hope they turn em back down, at least a functional spawn had a chance of dropping something!
If they increased the drop rate then I guess the jokes on me.... as I still almost never get one despite killing non-stop from start to finish.....

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I got 2 the first Oaks I did after the change - of course, it was 16 red, 4 white (with first tier spawn) for the first 30 minutes before it popped back to 3 candles.

Bman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On LS the despise spawn for one has really slowed down during the respawn of vermin. I can usually go around the island killling and get back where I started and ther ebe full spawn. After the patch, after a trip around the island I am lucky to find 2 vermin together.... Really have killed the action in despise.

S

Sweeney

Start a new thread to go along with the 3 others. It may attract more attention.

R

rockytriton

I'm a software developer as well, I can't believe that anyone in their right mind would put a publish into production on a friday. That's just ASKING for a million bugs.

Pink Dragoness

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just wished someone would jump on the banwagon and give us some answer about the alters?

I mean, since this is a huge part of the game that alot people spend their time on, it would be nice to get some infor on this *sighs*

athos_uo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EA Japan accounces on their website:

--

On the problem that a process to restart Champion Spawn begins under some conditions.

to players who challenge a Champion Spawn in Felucca:
A process to restart Champion Spawn begins when you use Virtue of Valor under some conditions.

To make a toll of Virtue of Valor least, sit tight and pry whether a process of restarting Champion Spawn begins for several minutes before you use the Virtue of Valor again, if you use the Virtue to make the Spawn active.

confirmed Appearances:

It appears as follows if the process of restarting a Champion Spawn begins:

Cases except in Felucca:
You see the Altar of Champion Spawns displaying active and all the candles( 4 white candles and 7 red candles ) stand on it, but the Spawn of monsters stops.(*) This includes Altars inn Ilshenar, Tokuno Islands(Serado The Awakened), and ML dungeons.

Cases in Felucca:
You see the Altar of Champipn Spawns displaying black and inactive, and several red candles stand on it, and the Spawn of monsters stops.

If you encounter these cases:
Cases except in Felucca:
The process of restarting Champion Spawsn will end as time goes by and in a while you can do Champion Spawns.

Cases in Felucca:
In no regard to as time goes by, the spawn will be active as soon as conditions to make the Altar active are fulfilled, including using the Virtue of Valor to make it active.

(edited:Sorry, I have missed one sentence: )
IF you encounter the case that you cannot use the Virtue of Valor to the Altar, page GM, on the side of the Altar if possible, with a message: "I get a message that "you can't use the Virtue of Valor" to the Altar in ... in Felucca".