• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Maybe

B

barjunkie

Hey guys and girls

My brother in law and sister have brushed off the cobwebs on thier UO accounts and i was thinkin of maybe doing the same, Have i missed much?

D

Dain

Naw not all that much :p

Missed abit of the event history and some major changes to spawning and factions, but nothing else has changed much!

F

Fink

Update in case you missed the announcement: new expansion, Stygian Abyss, comes out in northern hemisphere Summer 09, so a few weeks/months away. Hopefully months so it'll be more "finished" and less like the KR fiasco :\

S

Sunrise

Update in case you missed the announcement: new expansion, Stygian Abyss, comes out in northern hemisphere Summer 09, so a few weeks/months away. Hopefully months so it'll be more "finished" and less like the KR fiasco :\
If UO doesn't have bugs when the new stuff comes out..is it really UO???

Come on back..give it a try...you might fall in love with it again.. :D

B

barjunkie

Urghhh been sick since i posted so i havn't had a chance to do anything yet how many of the old players are still around i see a few friendly names around the forum so thats a good sign

K

Katlene

not as many as i wish there was hun. alot of people got fed up with the BS and left, a few silly buggers stayed and people that should go still remain.
I told you you shouldnt of sold your account :p

B

barjunkie

true the IDOC's would have been funny to watch
i still kinda feel sorry for zolo havin to sift trough 4 years of horded crap but i heard stumpy had a ball:D

F

Fink

not as many as i wish there was hun. alot of people got fed up with the BS and left, a few silly buggers stayed and people that should go still remain.
I told you you shouldnt of sold your account :p
What BS?

F

Fink

I know what BS means, I'm asking what BS caused people to leave en masse?

K

Katlene

take your pick, other players, game mechanics, the lack of services

F

Farscape

I know what BS means, I'm asking what BS caused people to leave en masse?
Age of item then the scripting and after that the lack of support from Ea mix them all into a bowl add some duping and failed content and this is what we end up with:bored:

F

Fink

Ah I thought you were referring to some particular period in time or mass exodus type phenomenon. AoS is the last such time I remember.. was some time back, 2003? Not sure offhand but we lost a lot of people then, well before the OP left.

P

PoCove

Ah I thought you were referring to some particular period in time or mass exodus type phenomenon. AoS is the last such time I remember.. was some time back, 2003? Not sure offhand but we lost a lot of people then, well before the OP left.

I think 2003 was when WOW was in full swing .. It took our numbers to half in a flash

K

Katlene

yet another reason i hate wow. nearly the entire ToV guild left to play it =/

B

barjunkie

pity i cant transfer my wow chars to UO now that could be fun

anyone know if silk or stumpy still play i wanted to ask them about my old account with my tamer

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
pity i cant transfer my wow chars to UO now that could be fun
No no, that is a very good thing!

anyone know if silk or stumpy still play i wanted to ask them about my old account with my tamer
Stumpy doesn't play anymore. He moved to SP and then quit (which means an extended break in UO). Don't think Silk does either but not sure.

K

Katlene

last time i looks sims was still in tov, ill log on later and check and can also see last time he was logged in

S

stumpy

I still check in here from time to time hehe.

Sims last i talked to Silk he wasn't playing any more but that was about 6 months ago so I can't be sure.

I have gone to the dark side and I'm back playing WoW on Stormscale with a few RL mates and im actually enjoying it.
And no Sneaky I am really not thinking of coming back to UO lol.