• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Maybe returning to UO

M

maldune

I, like many others, left UO several years ago. After playing all the other games I am considering coming back. I played in the Vesper area most of the time and occasionally would trek to Britain. What would I see if I came back to these areas? I havent played for about at least 9 years. Is game play similar to what it was 9 years ago? If I join again, will I be disappointed? Thanks for all information...

R

Ravahan

I, like many others, left UO several years ago. After playing all the other games I am considering coming back. I played in the Vesper area most of the time and occasionally would trek to Britain. What would I see if I came back to these areas? I havent played for about at least 9 years. Is game play similar to what it was 9 years ago? If I join again, will I be disappointed? Thanks for all information...
Its a completely different game. If you decide to come back, be prepared for that.

I would say start up a trial account and have a look around. If you decide you like the way things are, reactivate your main. That way you lose nothing and you've got two weeks to evaulate.

M

maldune

what are some of the changes? Several months ago, I read that KR was a flop. Where do people hang out? What is the population like on various servers? Is crafting still a big part of the game?

B

blackash

Its a completely different game. If you decide to come back, be prepared for that.

I would say start up a trial account and have a look around. If you decide you like the way things are, reactivate your main. That way you lose nothing and you've got two weeks to evaulate.
:yell:i would agree i have had nothing but problems with every aspect of the game sence coming back.

RoseBlue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Many shards are completely empty of players and I think that is one of the main problems of UO at the moment.

S

SwordBlaze

The game relies heavily on item properties now. Population has decreased, depends on the shard. The game is still, in my opinion, the best one out there. If they could get the graphics good and on a good client, it has a chance of a comeback.

D

Dragonchilde

I rejoined after several years away... the last time I played was 2003.

It IS a different game, but don't listen to the gloom and doom. It's still going, there are still people around, it just takes a little more effort now. After four months back in game, I have a huge house, a fantastic guild, and an active"life" in game.

I can prove that it's not deserted. Just check out what happened just the other night on Chesapeake during the EM event!

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=133988

M

maldune

where do people hang out now??? I am sure the world has grown and I would like to find a map. Any ideas where to get one?? I signed up again and am currently playing on the baja shard. I am in the central US, but back in the old days, I got the best connection on baja.. so I will try it again.

D

Dragonchilde

Luna and New Haven, mostly. I've found people are far friendlier in Haven, since it's where new folks begin, and Luna is full of banksitters.

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was great meeting you in-game, and welcome back to Baja! :thumbup: From the time you started (I think you said back in '99) to today, there have been A LOT of changes. I hope the runebooks and the other goodies will help you on your way to understanding this Sosaria. If you need any help, just send me a PM, and definitely check out the patch notes. The one thing that I will say is thank goodness that the servers are a hell of a lot more stable as opposed to "back then".... I don't even want to go back to the days of server rollbacks or the servers going down JUST when you were about to gain the upper-hand in a drawn out Order/Chaos fight.