• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

May theft of the month

S

Sweeney

In two weeks my semester is over, then my episodes can begin again! Let's hope the pictorial saga is worth more than 2 pics and a few words!

N

Norenche

Actually let's hope that he is not the only one with good thefts (I'm just starting in this but I hope that someday I'll be on the TotM)

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well, you will certainly be in it if you compete. Perhaps through skill and cunning you will also win

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
stole 7 faction artifacts from a sloppier purchaser on ATL.

He was buying artifacts from the faction turn in and I was stealing them as he went. Poor slob bought the orni three times.

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
stole 7 faction artifacts from a sloppier purchaser on ATL.

He was buying artifacts from the faction turn in and I was stealing them as he went. Poor slob bought the orni three times.
that is indeed funny.
If you can, please include pictures. It makes for a more interesting story.

KingX

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As My first recorded steal i stold a sword ill post a pic once i figure out how to get a url for it

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wasn't looking for the title, I barely steal anymore. In fact I was only there for the purpose of lifting a few sigils when it happened.

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No steals posted since i've won March TOTM.....wow.

Sorry to see that no one else could bring life to this forum other than myself.

S

Shinobi

You make the assumption that your posts brought life to the forum...la
Life to the TOTM, yes. Ever since GED stopped posting, the TOTM's are dead. How about you post some of those wonderful faction arti's you steal so much Rico?

P.S. Don't ask me about why i haven't been making steals, my computer has been screwed for the past few months. I'm also thinking about making an Atlantic TOTM, with cash prizes. But yet again, that will have to wait until my computer is fixed.

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this forum IS for atlantic, as well as for every other shard. This seems pretty typical for summer though- everything slows down, and some names you won't see again until the end of summer. Pickings will be slim until things pick up.
Sorry to hear about your computer. I could get along without mine- but certainly would not want to.

S

Shinobi

this forum IS for atlantic, as well as for every other shard. This seems pretty typical for summer though- everything slows down, and some names you won't see again until the end of summer. Pickings will be slim until things pick up.
Sorry to hear about your computer. I could get along without mine- but certainly would not want to.
Yeah, but I'm wanting to make an atlantic-specific TOTM, because I'm only on atlantic, and therefore can only give out prizes on atlantic. As an active, successful thief, I have literally infinite gold lol. I say infinite because millions more is just one steal away.

I've always said when I got everything I want in UO I'd start stealing from the rich and giving to the poor, the robin hood role pretty much. I usually hand out literally about 20mil a month to random people, thieves, and newbs. This atlantic TOTM would at least put good use to my money, and promote more stealing on atlantic.

Also, I've been doing fine these past few months without my computer. I've been known to just disappear from UO for no reason for several months on end, lol. My only regret is that my guild is slowly fading away, judging by the online roster. Hopefully I'll have my computer fixed by next week, and I can get it up and running again.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about you post some of those wonderful faction arti's you steal so much Rico?
Because since the TotM has been changed, there has been no reason to compete. TotM should never have become a polling topic on this forum. If the mods don't know enough about how to vote for an item with story, then they might as well have cancelled the program altogether. It appears the posters here have done that for them so they don't have to make a tough decision themselves...la

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You make the assumption that your posts brought life to the forum...la

Ahhh, but they did.....why don't you check the feedback I received from countless other members of the UO community -- thief or not.

One of my victims gave me close to 15 million on his home shard to create a thief and help establish a guild.

I've had close to a dozen come to Atlantic to learn my tactics.

So did I bring life?

:danceb:

Yes I did.

What have you done?

:eek:

UBERFAIL!

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is getting way off track. It needs to get back on track, or this thread will get stolen as well.

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
darn, hope i can bring some after i get my theif on siege worked up better

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because since the TotM has been changed, there has been no reason to compete. TotM should never have become a polling topic on this forum. If the mods don't know enough about how to vote for an item with story, then they might as well have cancelled the program altogether. It appears the posters here have done that for them so they don't have to make a tough decision themselves...la
Hello Rico- hopefully I may clear up some of this confusion! I have contacted the people above me on this subject. It seems that the history suggests that you were contacted about this issue, and did not rise to the occasion. No effort was made to address the totm in spite of the queries of playing thieves. Petra therefore re-instituted it, and made it a voting participation of any and all playing thieves. I considered making it a mod decided issue, but the risk, and temptation- of making this something that some personal agenda or belief could decide was just to great. Not that this had happened in the past! And certainly not that I might fall victim to this peril. It is just that human nature is just to fragile to trust!

So I decided to follow the path that Petra had created, when you decied not to re-create the totm. I am hopng that everyone will decide that this is a fair, un-biased, and community balanced way to decide things. After all, this isn't "my game", it is a mmorg game, with many players particpating.

Knowing your, and every players' adherence and devotion to the rules of conduct; any other reference to this subject will be deemed discussion and questioning of a moderators actions in the future, and will be handled as such.

Thanks all.

S

Sweeney

Hey mods.. if you pay attention you'll notice that the TOTW/TOTM thread hasn't been updated since February, when Petra was kind enough to take over.

Get your act together.

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are refering to the history. I am not sure whether that will continue or not. Is a running history of past months essential?

S

Sweeney

It is tradition.. I would say yes, a listing of players and the items taken is. Keep a list of people who claim to steal things but when called out cannot provide proof.

The thieving tradition is what kept me motivated.

Quenchant

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is a running history of past months essential?
No, it's not essential. The history can easily be viewed by just using the search function.

As for this comment....
Hey mods.. if you pay attention you'll notice that the TOTW/TOTM thread hasn't been updated since February, when Petra was kind enough to take over.

Get your act together.
I see you might have an idea of how you would prefer things. Obviously, this statement would make me jump right up and take care of it immediately.

Personally, because of this statement, there is no way I would make a list of the history as the forum can be easily searched for TOTM or TOTW. You also might find the most folks are more amenable to doing something if they are asked rather than told.

That being said if you think this is an absolute requirement for the tradition and sanctity of the forum, I would suggest that you can make your own history post and update it as well.

Q

S

Sweeney

No, it's not essential. The history can easily be viewed by just using the search function.

As for this comment....

I see you might have an idea of how you would prefer things. Obviously, this statement would make me jump right up and take care of it immediately.

Personally, because of this statement, there is no way I would make a list of the history as the forum can be easily searched for TOTM or TOTW. You also might find the most folks are more amenable to doing something if they are asked rather than told.

That being said if you think this is an absolute requirement for the tradition and sanctity of the forum, I would suggest that you can make your own history post and update it as well.

Q
If noone thought the history of past steals was useful please let me know. I'll apologize again for my inebriated posting the other day. I was just sorely disappointed at the lack of updates.. why have a TOTM/TOTW if nobody records it?

Yes someone could do a search.. but for new thieves who do not search but look, it would be especially nice to know that their exploits can and will be recorded if good enough (albeit without links to the individual posts [I would like to see links to the post with pics]).

If my forwardness makes you not want to update things.. then you have let the little guy get to you, and I seem to have too much power.

S

Shinobi

What Sweeney is trying to explain is that it isn't just a "recording" of steals, as much as it is the Hall of Fame. Without the Hall of Fame, the TOTW/TOTM falls apart entirely. Whether it is by moderator or poster, someone needs to update the Hall of Fame/Shame if the TOTM is going to continue.

S

Sweeney

What Sweeney is trying to explain is that it isn't just a "recording" of steals, as much as it is the Hall of Fame. Without the Hall of Fame, the TOTW/TOTM falls apart entirely. Whether it is by moderator or poster, someone needs to update the Hall of Fame/Shame if the TOTM is going to continue.
Well said. I can only hope the moderators feel the same.