• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Gabriel Memorial At Mith

Gabriel Memorial At Mith
Posted by RockoNV
Mith
Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 07:00 PM
Until: Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 07:30 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Los_Angeles)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

RockoNV

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
On Saturday May 14th at 7 PM PDT, there will me a memorial for Gabriel on the Napa Valley Shard. It will be held at the City of Mith (CoM). Gates will go up from Luna bank to the Event shortly before then. Many thanks to @Mesanna for the OK to place the memorial and a big shout out to Ox for doing the legwork on this.

Gabriel is remembered irl as a respected doctor from Texas. In game, he was a founding member of the City of Mith, the first player run city in all of Ultima. With the help of Gabriel and others, new players were shown the ropes at Mith. They were taught how to survive during Dread/Anti days. Additionally, CoM organized a successful defense of Brittania from the Dread Lords, players of notorious repute.

May Gabriel RIP.

http://uo2.stratics.com/shard-pages/napa-valley/city-of-mith-on-napa-valley/
http://uo2.stratics.com/shard-pages/napa-valley/white-rose-inn-and-tavern-on-napa-valley/
http://uo2.stratics.com/shard-pages/napa-valley/httpuo-stratics-comshardnapavalleynp_cathedraloffire-shtml/

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
DANTE head stone will be place tomorrow as well.

I asked Bonnie to add "faith" to the head stones.
Tin Man has more details she died a while back of cancer.
She has been playing since 97 or early 98'

This is in Fel on marble Island at 7 PM pacific time Napa Valley.
I'm asking Cartel, Win, T-F, LiE, HWM and all others to respect this memorial AND help keep the peace for during this memorial.
To be very clear. Don't let people disrupt.

Thank you very much
Ox

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is a video of this Memorial:

I will set this to private this weekend

Last edited:

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i apologize for not being there. otherworldly matters beyond my control kept me from attending.

the video is wonderful - so good seeing people on Napa visit the city.

There was a point in time I, too, held a home on Mith. One of the houses had fallen and I was there remembering Sha'ar and Shaaria - so I dropped a plot then went looking for Gabe. Took a while to find him, and we spoke at length about the possibility of stirring the Spirit of Sosaria again. I was, however, a bit jaded - twice I had attempted at that point to get things going in Felucca... my tears of frustration still dampen the soil of the Bloodwood (what some of us called the jungle area south of Trinsic). I offered the plot to Gabe, but he had no way to take on another (he was actually downsizing his accounts at the time). He then offered me a place on the guildstone of OSR.

I will admit, he and I did butt heads on ideas for bring some life back to Napa... Sosaria... Felucca... Mith. I held some story nights at the White Rose, screamed in defiance at the wandering bands of murderers who would run amok around Mith, and even asked Gabe to allow others to move onto the island. Not too long after that, I left Sosaria for a time - my spirit was so broken, I thought I would never return.

Pass quite a few years, and I did return. One of the first people I ran into was Gabe - for his habit was as mine, to roam the old roads without magicks. We spoke for a bit, even laughed about memories. He warned me of the death of Sosarian ways (the old RP ways we all shared), and he was right in doing so. Nostalgia has a way of making people attempt miracles only to fail miserably and become disenchanted. He ventured about my health, for someone had told him I suffered a stroke of sorts, and I assured him that although the mundane world has its challenges, there is naught in that world that would keep me, THE Kirthag, from roaming wild and free! He laughed, saying we all meet our maker at some point. I laughed, and told him I am cursed with immortality.

So I sit here in the old OSR guild hall, half expecting you to offer me another goblet of wine and telling me, once again, I need to tidy the hedge of my garden - for you know I so hated trimming the hedge. I thank you for allowing me to be a part of the OSR, and Mith, if even for as short a time as that was. I will add you to my song of Old Sosaria which we all grew to love, and hate, and love again with the wish of it lasting forever.

I hope your meeting with your maker is as pleasant as you had wished it, Gabe. No other deserves better.