• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Maxis/EA has ruined a great game!

• Thread starter TKSpeedy1
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Has any of the 'naysayers' stopped to think about how much our 'small team' is getting done and how quickly? It's just simply amazing and it really tells me how much they are dedicated to this game to work so deligently on TSO-EAland to make it work.

[/ QUOTE ]
In another thread, you had this to say:
<blockquote><hr>

I realize some people may be frustrated but calling names and being jerks just doesn't do much to earn my sympathy at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
and this:
<blockquote><hr>

So I will not validate further anyone that wants to continue with attacking fellow members of this board by implying in negative tones that they are butt-kisser, chearleaders or any other such derogatory comments.

[/ QUOTE ]
But it's ok, if *you* do it?
Just askin'

[/ QUOTE ]

'naysayer' is alot less derrogatory than the other categorizations I've heard, namely whiners, negative nancies, crybabies.....etc. etc. etc. I think Dutch was rather restrained simply saying 'naysayers' which is a broad term for anybody that has either nothing at all positive to say, or at least more than 50% negative to say, without bothering to make it constructive in the slightest (as Hot said it's not so much every complaint that gets on the nerves it's when you can read the author of a post and without reading a word of it pretty much bank that its gonna be negative, which tends to make one who is trying to remain positive involuntarily cringe

G

<blockquote><hr>

I might just see if I can get a DJ job since I've already got creativity anyway for serenade, and the shifts are staggered so that I could still green between the end of the DJ job and the start of the waitress....but I've never known the answer to whether or not a sim can work two tracks at once.

[/ QUOTE ]

Replying to myself to answer this question cuz I had to investigate it in-game since nobody else seems to know. I tried to get the DJ job through the computer, and it asked me 'do you want to quit your restaurant job to take this one' so I thought that meant that one could not work more than one track, but a few people in the skill house I am currently in state that there are those that work the robot factory who do work another track, so I'm not sure what's up....does anybody here know for sure?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I wouldn't say they ruined the game. Personally I think the game has no real basis for an economy. Jobs and money making objects are too boring to justify the low payout in order to balance economy. But on the other hand, there's 1000s of players who disagree, so it's just a personal opinion.

What ruined the game for me personally is pretty obvious:
Old TSO -&gt; Johnny Lace could design and build houses and host design contests to his heart's content. He had loads of customers and could build whenever he wanted

New TSO (EAland) -&gt; No customers, no lot designing, no possibilities to have lot design contests (costs for participants are too high).

So for me it's simple. I have cancelled my subscription and will hoover around a free player so I can login now and then to see if things have changed.

It's really unfortunate that I miss the ultimate dream of lot designers: more floors and custom content to build with, but apparently it's the way things are.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a lot of respect for your designs and your design contests, Johnny, and it is true that the build mode has not kept pace with the changes in the buy mode.

But having said that, it is still up to *us* to use our creativity to adapt to the new order.

You make magnificent estates and towns....but everyone is too poor, now, to afford them.
You held design contests and restricted the entrys to size 3 lots......perhaps if you did the same with your designs, and made magnificent cottages, instead of mansions, you would have a wider customer base of people who could afford you....just to say they own a Johnny Lace home? Or put some of your experience and talent into writing up some changes that would help builders on the Wiki?

Nothing stays static....and least of all this game at this point in time. It is not a question of whether the game has changed, it is a question of whether or not *we* (builders) can adapt and change our vision, process and focus....and rulez at lot design in the new game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to say basically the same thing. I'm working hard on a design with Greg that will hopefully help the land/real estate market. I have high hopes that we can come up with a good solution here. I would very much appreciate as much input as possible on the wiki page located here. Its people like Johnny that make me want to make this work.

P

Paula777

I agree that the game has been ruined, well more like .. the fun was taken out ... I can't complain though, playing free until I feel better about it, my accounts are on strike!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I agree that the game has been ruined, well more like .. the fun was taken out ... I can't complain though, playing free until I feel better about it, my accounts are on strike!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a debatable statement. Personally, if their complaints are constructive, and/or they are not a person who every time they open their mouth it is to complain, I'd say that a free player has as much a right to complain as as premium player does. I don't support the notion that free players are not entitled to their opinions if they care enough about this game to come here and express them, just because they are not paying EA any money, because we don't know WHY they are not paying EA any money.....it might not be something that is within their control vs. being just a matter of being too cheap or whatever. Even if a person *is* being too cheap, the mere fact that they care enough to wade through the mounds and mounds of bs in order to obtain truthful, factual info tells me that they are more of *community member* than the many in-game that are perfectly satisfied to get all their info 2nd, 3rd, or 4th hand and then cry on the rooftops when it isn't right LOL.

G

<blockquote><hr>

What ruined the game for me personally is pretty obvious:
Old TSO -&gt; Johnny Lace could design and build houses and host design contests to his heart's content. He had loads of customers and could build whenever he wanted

[/ QUOTE ]Hopefully the cost of build-mode items becomes balanced with the rest of the economy; however, I just wanted to bring up a point: When TSO very first got going, back in the beta days, how many customers did you have for your roofing business? I don't suspect you had many, because money then was scarce, much as it is now. We are back in beta, starting over from scratch. It's going to take time for your potential clientele to build up funds. Give it some time. Besides - for anyone hell-bent on having a custom-designed home right now, there's always the ATM.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Does any one know if those of us is BF who are probably going to go a full month without full game access are going to get a refund of our monthly fee?

[/ QUOTE ]No. Because you have not been denied access to the game. There has been nothing stopping you from creating another sim so you could keep playing. The decision not to is yours and yours alone. EA has provided you access to the game. You have chosen not to use it. EA does not owe you a red cent.

V

vapd3317

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I might just see if I can get a DJ job since I've already got creativity anyway for serenade, and the shifts are staggered so that I could still green between the end of the DJ job and the start of the waitress....but I've never known the answer to whether or not a sim can work two tracks at once.

[/ QUOTE ]

Replying to myself to answer this question cuz I had to investigate it in-game since nobody else seems to know. I tried to get the DJ job through the computer, and it asked me 'do you want to quit your restaurant job to take this one' so I thought that meant that one could not work more than one track, but a few people in the skill house I am currently in state that there are those that work the robot factory who do work another track, so I'm not sure what's up....does anybody here know for sure?

[/ QUOTE ]

No,...I dont know for sure, but think it works this way. Working the robo factory during the day,...quit the factory job after the shift is over and then get a DJ job for the evening. After that shift is over, quit the DJ job for the factory job again. the Job tracks work different hours and a person could cycle back and forth between two tracks.

G

<blockquote><hr>

For you Donovan:
Naysayer: To oppose, deny, or take a pessimistic or negative view.

What would you call all this absolutely foolishness going on here? Sometimes, I read these posts and I get a hardy laugh because it's utter and total nonsense.

These arguments are getting very old and very boring and are not constructive in any manner and actually divide the community and not build it up.

I have been a long time contributor of this community. As many in this community may remember, I was not always supportive of the devs. I was not always supportive of these changes. In fact, the first time I saw Luc in game, he was sooo close to being booted out of the house I was a roomie. My first impression was he was some blatant scammer.

I made it my business to read everything, get involved in everything, basically keep a critical eye on everything. I had to decide if I enjoyed the game enough to accept the changes and the bumpy 'restoration' project.

So we won't just jump on the pity wagon with the really negative people. Too bad.

**Can I point out that the game is still a work in progress?

[/ QUOTE ]
You're the one complaining about name calling, not me.
Personally, I find it pretty tame to call someone a 'cheerleader' or a 'naysayer' compared to being accused of cheating (for example).
But, the point is, if someone is going to make an issue of it, they should refrain from doing it themselves - it hurts their credibility.

I could take your last sentence and turn it around to apply it to the 'really positive' people. They are just as damaging to the game as the 'really negative' ones.

I

imported_Starrfoxx

I don't think TSO was a "great" game. It was a business failure. Personally, I have more fun with Offline Sims than TSO. But I'll admit that the Online version has it's moments that I will always cherish.

When TSO first came out, my impression was that it was going to be a place where I could play Sims in an online world where every other "sim" was a real person who was also playing the game. So, instead of NPC sims being controlled by a computer, it would be real people controlling those sims.

That's how it kinda felt in Beta. But then slowly I started to realize that it was turning more into a chat room for people to talk, and less about "playing". At least that's the impression I got when more people spend time on skill and money lots.

TSO had ended and mutated into EA Land. There are things being changed that make our "old game" more promising. Change is hard, I agree. I don't think they've ruined the game, but I am slowly losing interest again. Part of me is hopeful, but the other part is really scared about other "changes" they'll make.

G

I could take your last sentence and turn it around to apply it to the 'really positive' people. They are just as damaging to the game as the 'really negative' ones.

exactly correct donavan the squeaky cheeleaders making all the noise about how great things are do make it worse the squeaky wheel gets the grease they claim it is all perfect so the dev believe all is well and dont get off their hind ends to fix the real issues

i believe the cheerleaders are acctually more damaging to the game than anything else has been

C

cammrisdemorte

speedy i agree 100% cause i was at a money house and all of a sudden the mighty luc showed up and said he was going to turn on the bot limters and our payouts would go back up but that was over 2months ago so we are paying to play a game that has been ruined by maxis and we are lied to by the devs now that is funny

H

HoTDeViL

<blockquote><hr>

I think maxis has done ecactly what they had too...At first I was very angry about the payouts in Ealand because my sims were homeless and I couldnt afford a lot..But It took me several weeks but I finally bought a cheap lot..It got me thinking in the old cities I could have done that in a day, And now at least I have to work hard to get what I need..

[/ QUOTE ]

this isnt exactly. in the old cities we also couldnt do it in one day. i was playing since beta test. and it took us some weeks also to make enough money to afford a lot, expanding it and building a house.
the game changed in 5 years and when much money was in game it got easier. we all had to start from crap when the game started 2002. no difference to now

G

<blockquote><hr>

exactly correct donavan the squeaky cheeleaders making all the noise about how great things are do make it worse the squeaky wheel gets the grease they claim it is all perfect so the dev believe all is well and dont get off their hind ends to fix the real issues

i believe the cheerleaders are acctually more damaging to the game than anything else has been

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the first things that the Dev's added to the game were gages and measurements of multiple aspects of the game.....just so they would *not* have to rely on self-serving perception, rants and petitions by special interest groups.

Neither positive or negative (individual) posters to Stratics....or by anything I have seen, to the Blog, have any (direct) impact on the game....only on the atmosphere on these message boards. The Dev's check their charts and numbers...not what ozzy or Gilly has to say in City Hall.

The things that I have seen work to influence the Team, falls under the heading of a sage old piece of advise:

<font color="darkblue">"You catch more flys with honey than you do with vinegar."</font>

People who are pleasant, friendly, ask their questions, nicely and do not attack Team members, with angry, hostile or insulting remarks or questions, tend to have an leg up on list of who will be listened and responded too, most frequently.

This is how the real world works. Ignore it, and you are going to lose more times, than you win, in life.

edited for clarity

M

mysticlisa516

So, someone FINALLY admits that there is a list of who gets listened to and who doesn't. Thanks, I needed that confirmation of what I have said all along.

G

I know of no "list"....I speak only of basic human nature.

Including the natural tendency of many people to blame everyone else, for their failures...whatever their failures may be.

If someone does not want to acquire the skills of successful interaction, (courtesy, kindness, patience, thoughtfulness, clear communication, and reciprocity), then it is their problem, and their problem alone, if no one wants to listen to them or help them.

Life lesson....

G

<blockquote><hr>

Neither positive or negative (individual) posters to Stratics....or by anything I have seen, to the Blog, have any (direct) impact on the game....only on the atmosphere on these message boards. The Dev's check their charts and numbers...not what ozzy or Gilly has to say in City Hall.

[/ QUOTE ]It is also worth pointing out that the Devs actively play this game as well. I see them - particularly Lee - in game every day, going around, talking to people, visiting houses, participating in player-run events, getting jiggy with us on the dance floor... The devs are players just like us! They see first-hand the effect their decisions have on the game and on player morale. And, trust me - player morale in the game is a far cry better than the attitudes being displayed here on Stratics.

J

jackdoe

You must hang in different places than i do then because the moral at the moment is not good...

Only a few hours ago in a skilling house there was a heated debate about how EA-Land was going to end up...you would have hated it because there was not 1 person that had a nice thing to say about the economy, lack of jobs, promotion problems, login problems....there was more but i am sure you know where i am going with this....

G

<blockquote><hr>

Only a few hours ago in a skilling house there was a heated debate about how EA-Land was going to end up...you would have hated it because there was not 1 person that had a nice thing to say about the economy, lack of jobs, promotion problems, login problems....there was more but i am sure you know where i am going with this....

[/ QUOTE ]The very fact you're having any kind of debate - heated or not - or serious conversation of any kind in a skill house speaks volumes for the improvements that this game has already seen.

I wouldn't have hated it. I'm a realist. I approach problems logically and look at as much of the big picture as I can. I realize things aren't perfect, that there's still a lot of work needed. I also realize the work is in progress. More than likely, the guys at your skill house would have hated me for being a realist and not sharing in the pity party.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the first things that the Dev's added to the game were gages and measurements of multiple aspects of the game.....just so they would *not* have to rely on self-serving perception, rants and petitions by special interest groups.

The things that I have seen work to influence the Team, falls under the heading of a sage old piece of advise:

<font color="darkblue">"You catch more flys with honey than you do with vinegar."</font>

People who are pleasant, friendly, ask their questions, nicely and do not attack Team members, with angry, hostile or insulting remarks or questions, tend to have an leg up on list of who will be listened and responded too, most frequently.

This is how the real world works. Ignore it, and you are going to lose more times, than you win, in life.

edited for clarity

[/ QUOTE ]
You are directly contradicting yourself.

First you say they are not affected by what we say, using their gages and meters and charts so they would "*not* have to rely on self-serving perception, rants and petitions by special interest groups."
Then you say they *are* affected by a " sage old piece of advise:" (advice) that promises different kinds of response based on the positive or negative aspects of the question.

Either they *are* influenced by attitude or they are not.

Personally, I think they are - they're human, after all. Who among us isn't influenced somewhat by another's treatment of us?

But - the thing to consider is that it works both ways - if so-and-so speaks badly to you, he can't expect you to speak well of him.

I'm just sayin'.

J

jackdoe

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]The very fact you're having any kind of debate - heated or not - or serious conversation of any kind in a skill house speaks volumes for the improvements that this game has already seen.

I wouldn't have hated it. I'm a realist. I approach problems logically and look at as much of the big picture as I can. I realize things aren't perfect, that there's still a lot of work needed. I also realize the work is in progress. More than likely, the guys at your skill house would have hated me for being a realist and not sharing in the pity party.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not my skill house...and pity party ?? it was more like a "time to way up your options as a paying customer" party....

I doubt anyone would hate you for being a realist, hate is a bit strong to say this is only a game but you may of had to do more than just say "stay possitive, things will get better"

G

<blockquote><hr>

You make magnificent estates and towns....but everyone is too poor, now, to afford them.
You held design contests and restricted the entrys to size 3 lots......perhaps if you did the same with your designs, and made magnificent cottages, instead of mansions, you would have a wider customer base of people who could afford you....just to say they own a Johnny Lace home? Or put some of your experience and talent into writing up some changes that would help builders on the Wiki?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, that's basically the problem. Everyone *can* afford me as my fee is 'building costs + anything you like to tip me'

In the old days, people started bidding on my time, because I could only do 1 house a week with 3 peeps a day wanting my services. It's all a question of demand. Since I don't have a job now, I don't need to be paid extra. If I have more jobs than I can handle, I will either choose the best paid or the one I think I will have most fun with. If someone wants a size 2, I don't mind at all; it will be fun

It's just the fact that building costs are outrageous, so the first part is tough to cough up for everyone. People can't just 'redesign' their initial house unless they feed the ATM a lot.Worse yet, it has to be right the first time... there's no such thing as experimenting or fooling around with different flooring/walling. You don't fool around when flooring your house costs 10 to 20 real dollars.

Let alone having a lot contest. Even with size 3, people still have to pay their live savings to be even able to buy a lot.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hopefully the cost of build-mode items becomes balanced with the rest of the economy; however, I just wanted to bring up a point: When TSO very first got going, back in the beta days, how many customers did you have for your roofing business? I don't suspect you had many, because money then was scarce, much as it is now. We are back in beta, starting over from scratch. It's going to take time for your potential clientele to build up funds. Give it some time. Besides - for anyone hell-bent on having a custom-designed home right now, there's always the ATM.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, in beta I did not know I was an above average lot designer, so I didn't have any customers

But at original release, the payouts were much higher, so right in the first month people already wanted to 'hire' me on their size 4's and pretty quickly afterwards on their size 8's. 20.000$ was earned in a few hours time and it was enough to build a nice size 6 lot. Simoleans have never been so valuable as now. It takes over a 100 hours to acquire 20.000$ or you have to cough up 20 dollars.

Even with the merging of all the old TSO sims with their inventories stocked with stuff. They still enter with 0$ in the game. Payouts are 15$ per 5 minutes, just enough to buy a few decent floortiles. And you only need uhm, several hundred on your lot ... The ATM is your friend, but we can all agree that buying floortiles and wallpapers or even empty out your lot to have *someone else* rebuild it with *your* money is not high on the list of most if not all sims

But then again, the game is still flocked with people having fun, so I will definately hang around and see if I can get some jobs

N

NightFlyer

..."The devs are players just like us! They see first-hand the effect their decisions have on the game and on player morale."...

The devs are NOT players just like us. They artificially max thier skills, not sit for hours skilling up. They pad thier sim bank accounts with as much money as they need for what ever they want and in some aspects of the game they are clueless as to how things work for regular players (they have addmitted to in the Pub). So this statement is just FALSE.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

So, someone FINALLY admits that there is a list of who gets listened to and who doesn't. Thanks, I needed that confirmation of what I have said all along.

[/ QUOTE ]

This really is a 'social' game and some mannerism can and are tolerated to a certain extent.

Sometimes the 'real' questions are 'hidden' beneath a commenters blantant attempt to 'editorialize' their question.

See now look at the original post.

If the person had a valid question about what was ruining TSO, he could have stated it without adding his insulting editorial comments on people that don't tend to be squeaky wheels.

And now there is another thread started with nearly the same language. And after reading the post, I can't recall what his point was now except that he was insulting the 'non-squeaky' wheels.

There gets to be a point where listeners start 'tuning out'. I have a 16 year old...I KNOW how to tune out very well.

G

<blockquote><hr>

It is also worth pointing out that the Devs actively play this game as well. I see them - particularly Lee - in game every day, going around, talking to people, visiting houses, participating in player-run events, getting jiggy with us on the dance floor... The devs are players just like us! They see first-hand the effect their decisions have on the game and on player morale. And, trust me - player morale in the game is a far cry better than the attitudes being displayed here on Stratics.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes if you stalk the devs, the morale will be better. The people around them are getting their problems solved.

Got a problem? Stalk a dev.

You must realize a lot of people here on stratics do not know who the devs are. They do not hang with the clique the devs do. Comments like getting jiggy with them make some ppl here angry. It makes them feel left out. Try to put yourself in others position. Have you ever been outside of a clique? The devs will treat any of us friendly. If we aproach them in the right way. Some are just so frustrated from not knowing how to find them. They do not read every post and see that some of the devs leave their yahoo pager address or email address. Then in game if someone asks for it. The response is, I do not feel comfortable handing out that info. The devs freely share that info.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

..."The devs are players just like us! They see first-hand the effect their decisions have on the game and on player morale."...

The devs are NOT players just like us. They artificially max thier skills, not sit for hours skilling up. They pad thier sim bank accounts with as much money as they need for what ever they want and in some aspects of the game they are clueslees as to how things work for regular players (they have addmitted to in the Pub). So this statement is just FALSE.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, they have said that. And during discussions about things, many times a dev will read a comment someone has made and 'follow up' on it either in room chat or in IM concerning it.

I'm not overly concerned about them 'buffing' up their sims or their bank accounts, or that they have lots of trees or cannons. If I were a dev, I'd do the same thing...can you blame them?

I've never talked to a dev from any other online game that I play. I've 'seen' a dev maybe once or twice running through TT. They certainly didn't stop to ask anyone in the playground what they thought was wrong with the game.

I'm far from jealous of them. I can only imagine how much abuse they have to go through in a typical day while being live in game...having discussions/fixing things...which is extremely unusual in any online game setting.

We are so spoiled rotten and we don't even know it!!

(I'm all for stalking devs when I feel like I have a unique question or something important to tell them like finding a glitch that needs fixing that seems no one else has discovered.)

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

edited for clarity

[/ QUOTE ]
You are directly contradicting yourself.

First you say they are not affected by what we say, using their gages and meters and charts so they would "*not* have to rely on self-serving perception, rants and petitions by special interest groups."
Then you say they *are* affected by a " sage old piece of advise:" (advice) that promises different kinds of response based on the positive or negative aspects of the question.

Either they *are* influenced by attitude or they are not.

Personally, I think they are - they're human, after all. Who among us isn't influenced somewhat by another's treatment of us?

But - the thing to consider is that it works both ways - if so-and-so speaks badly to you, he can't expect you to speak well of him.

I'm just sayin'.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks.....I sometimes leave out some of the words in my head...it is so obvious to me, that I don't include them. Here is how it went in my head:

"One of the first things that the Dev's added to the game were gages and measurements of multiple aspects of the game.....just so they would *not* have to rely <font color="red">solely</font> on self-serving perception, rants and petitions by special interest groups."

"The things that I have seen work to influence the Team <font color="red">to give personal attention to someone's questions</font>, falls under the heading of a sage old piece of advise:....."

There....that better?

G

<blockquote><hr>

The devs are NOT players just like us. They artificially max thier skills, not sit for hours skilling up. They pad thier sim bank accounts with as much money as they need for what ever they want and in some aspects of the game they are clueslees as to how things work for regular players (they have addmitted to in the Pub). So this statement is just FALSE.

[/ QUOTE ]Have you considered the possibility that the devs might have other sims that don't have "Maxis" in their names?

N

NightFlyer

..."and in some aspects of the game they are clueless as to how things work for regular players (they have addmitted to in the Pub)."...

I think you might have missed that part.

G

<blockquote><hr>

..."and in some aspects of the game they are clueless as to how things work for regular players (they have addmitted to in the Pub)."...

[/ QUOTE ]Okay, you got me there...

But my point was that they are out there, interacting with the playerbase - Especially Lee, whom I've bumped into quite a lot even when I'm not stalking him. And, while some of the devs may not have real playing experience with the less-pleasant aspects of the game, some of them do.

As for someone's comment about people not knowing how to find the devs in game... Everyone is responsible for keeping themselves informed. The information is out there for anyone who cares enough to look for it. And finding the devs is not hard: Type "Maxis" into the name search in City View and press the 3-star button. Bookmark the results.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Does it matter?

That's why they have been avidly asking questions and listening to us talk....it's why they've been reading these forums and believe it or not Stratics played a major role in getting us 'co-partnered' in the effort to resurrect our game.

(Hey Stratics!! Has anyone recently recognized your steadfast loyalty to TSO and the important roll you play in our community? I wonder if Luc would install a little 'Stratics blog' on our little sims computer?)

They are there now....they are seeing how it is going now... and that's what is important....

Let us not keep dwelling in the past. We've learned from it and now let us move on.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The devs are NOT players just like us. They artificially max thier skills, not sit for hours skilling up. They pad thier sim bank accounts with as much money as they need for what ever they want and in some aspects of the game they are clueless as to how things work for regular players (they have addmitted to in the Pub). So this statement is just FALSE.

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to explain how you could have proof of that statement, if in fact you do have proof? They *might* give themselves things that they need for testing purposes, but only for testing purposes. I have personally seen 2 of team mazing, one of those I personally saw getting a good many of the logic skill points she needed to do that mazing, and NOT at skill speed above 118% and one other doing single job objects alongside everybody else, so that tells me that they earn at least a portion of their game money and skills the same as we do, and don't use their 'powers' to up things unless it's got to be done in short order, so that it is literally impossible to go earn that many simoleans in the time that it takes to earn them, so yeah, they might 'buff up' some, but certainly NOT totally. It really ruins a person's credibility, not to mention inflames tempers when people go making things up, or 'stretching the truth' in order to prove their own points.....tends to leave a person wondering if the points are so valid why you cannot make them without said embellishments.