• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

max swing speed on pets

G

What is the most stamina needed to get the max swing speed on pets? I'm trying to decide on which great dragon to keep but one has 7 less stamina then dex and I need to know how that will affect the DPS

I

imported_Sarphus

185 stamina will put a pet at the swing cap. As far as I can remember, rune beetles are the only pet that can get there... If you have a high stamina rune beetle and it blesses itself or you bless it, I think you can get up to the swing cap.

Pets start to swing at 1.5s delay when they hit 155 stamina. Bakes can get there (buffed)

G

off the top of my head, Rune Beetles cap at 170 dex, I think...most likely will breach 185 with bless, especially with their ability to have more than 100 eval
...(I can't think of any others at 170 dex or greater, either)

one thing I've been wanting to know for a long time though was do pets use the eval+anat+20 /2 formula for evasion (not the bushido kind), because if so, I used to feel the rune beetle was the best defended pet in the game with the ability to have 116 evasion or more (I forget their max ability for Eval, so I just used 112 because I know mine is 112.3). This math was before I learned about the ability to train a Reptalon back up to 120, and now, with the new dragons, although I haven't seen a picture of it all yet, the proposal of 130...that would obviously be the best, haha.

I

imported_Sarphus

you can train reptalons back up to 120?

I thought you could only train them back up to 90% of whatever their post-gm skill was before taming them.

If that's accurate, they might be an underrated pet.

G

<blockquote><hr>

you can train reptalons back up to 120?

I thought you could only train them back up to 90% of whatever their post-gm skill was before taming them.

If that's accurate, they might be an underrated pet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could be wrong; rather, I read someone who said you can train them to 120, and I have not done this on my own to know for sure. I think I read it over at the Hunter's page. Let me check real quick:

"Interesting little perk on these...
Submitted by Anonymous on September 15th 2006.
From what I've been able to figure out by loring them, they can have up to 120.0 wrestling. Also, the hidden strength of the reptalon is the fact that their wrestling can be trained up to whatever it was BEFORE they were tamed. So if you're patient, you might be able to have a pet with legendary wrestling
"

I

imported_Sarphus

WOW

If that's true, there's definitely justification to tame one.

I wonder if the greater dragons can be trained up to what they were pre-tame. That would be SOOOO neat

would be nice to have a 140 tactics 150 wrestling dragon

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
<blockquote><hr>

Also, the hidden strength of the reptalon is the fact that their wrestling can be trained up to whatever it was BEFORE they were tamed. So if you're patient, you might be able to have a pet with legendary wrestling

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure that is nonsense. A lot of the stuff posted in the hunters guide goes back to when the mob was first introduced and should all be taken with a huge grain of salt. Everything I've heard from people who supposedly have actually trained their reptalons is that they train back to 90% of their pre-tame wrestling skill.

G

That's true, Llewen. One would have to check out the date posted to see if it was past Beta or not, and even then, who knows.

I do know the Hunter's Guide has been invaluable to me, as have the comments posted there. I would have never known how valuable Bake Kitsunes are for my spawners if not for those pages ;P.