• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mata Hairy

• Thread starter Sheriff Tricky
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

Sheriff Tricky

Well TT is completely evil! They took away my toon's name after having this toon for over a year. They accepted this name on the first time but would not take Matt A. Hairy, etc. I am SOOOO upset about this.:sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2:

F

Fangs McWolf

Well TT is completely evil! They took away my toon's name after having this toon for over a year. They accepted this name on the first time but would not take Matt A. Hairy, etc. I am SOOOO upset about this.:sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2: :sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2: :sad2::sad2::sad2: :sad2::sad2::sad2:
They made that crying emotion just for you! :violin:

F

Flippers

I am friends with THE mata hairy tribute toon and it was taken away from her earlier.

Also it is a woman's name.

L

Little Sadie

Awww. Sorry to hear that Eric. TT is notorious for letting some names stay and others get taken away. I have two friends named Tinkerbelle. One got her name taken away after two years. The other friend got her name approved 3 months ago. Yet, there is still a toon running around named Richard Cranium.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
TT can take names away? :confused::confused::confused:
They sure can, although the length of this one is quite surprising. They took away my pig "The Other White Meat" after about a month. It was approved on the first shot. They usually have a reason (copyright, not appropriate, etc.).
It's like: "Here Happy Birthday, take this awesome toon name" and then they come back and take it away. You feel violated in a sense. :rant2:

H

Holocog

Anyone wanna complain to TT for taking away names?:lol:
I sure hope if my monkeys name gets approved they wont take it away. I've been trying for 3 days.:stir::stir::stir::stir::stir:

K

Kippy

:rant2: I am so sorry :sad2:

I loved Mata, just won't be the same :(
Look at the bright side,

I still lurve ya! :heart:

S

Sheriff Tricky

I am friends with THE mata hairy tribute toon and it was taken away from her earlier.

Also it is a woman's name.
Whether it was a woman's name or not did not really matter to me, it is more a matter of principle that they took the name away after a years time. I have emailed them because in their email to me they said that I contacted them, which I did not. Can't wait to hear what this excuse it.

Oh and Chanty, I know you Lurve me!:heart:

S

soupandquackers

Anyone wanna complain to TT for taking away names?:lol:
I sure hope if my monkeys name gets approved they wont take it away. I've been trying for 3 days.:stir::stir::stir::stir::stir:
Complaining wont do a thing, they took them away for a reason so they wont give them back. You would think having a name for a long time wouldnt get takin away though. Im still sorry that they did that eric.

NikiKing

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awww so sorry Eric. :( TT is pure evil when it comes to names. I've always been curious, when they take a name and name you toon, do you have the option to change it again or are you stuck with toon forever.

S

Sheriff Tricky

It says I can pick a new name but for two days now it has been under review.

S

soupandquackers

it is just amazing how harmless names get took away from people but i seem to find toons with bad names that get accepted. I have been reporting a few toons for bad names. I saw a rabbit named lovely lady lumps which is inapropriate for a kids game.

S

SSniffleslam

it is just amazing how harmless names get took away from people but i seem to find toons with bad names that get accepted. I have been reporting a few toons for bad names. I saw a rabbit named lovely lady lumps which is inapropriate for a kids game.
Who would even want to name a toon that anyway?? I agree, totally inappropriate...

I had an impossible time trying to name a black cat last year...finally got them to accept Charcoal Snowflake...after about 10 names were rejected..

Dane1980

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've always been curious, when they take a name and name you toon, do you have the option to change it again or are you stuck with toon forever.
I know all about it, gather 'round chiddern, and be careful or you just might learn sumthin...

The first few times, they'll let you rename your toon. When I say the first few, I'm thinking 2 or 3. Then if they take it away again, your toon is permanently named Toon, no option to pick a new name.

I speak from my personal experience, your results may vary.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hehe In City of Hero's my Hero's name was: Ivanna Humpalot
and I got reported! For TT I would say that is probably a lil much, but give me a break. :cursing:

M

MissPoodledoodle

Yeah, TT is weird with names. It makes no sense. The other day my SF said she saw ducks named duckin him and duckin her.

S

soupandquackers

I saw them, i was laughing then i thought oh yeah thats bad.

S

SSniffleslam

I've seen them around too...maybe it was completely innocent?? yeah, yeah, I know better.

M

Monkeybear

TT sucks, when I reactivated my TT account 2 of my toons names were taken away

S

Sally Bumblefoot

Those 2 toons were at a Stratics Sunday night run a few weeks ago. A few of us were talking about those names earlier and then there they were at the CFO!!! Someone was brave enough (Pinky I'm thinking) to do the "Stratics Salute" and they never responded. Lots of whispers going on that night about whether they had read the posts about them on here in the Toon name thread!!!rolleyes:

G

Granjell

I remember, Duckin Him was on one side and Duckin Her was on the other! We were amazed to see them both there so soon after discussing them here on the forums. But they were not very chatty and did not respond with proper phrases.

L

Little Sadie

Yeah, TT is weird with names. It makes no sense. The other day my SF said she saw ducks named duckin him and duckin her.
Ducken Him and Ducken Her are SFs of mine. They also have Ducken Awesome and Ducken Ask. Amazed that any of these got approved. LOL! Trust me, it wasn't innocent. And Ducken Her, aka Tom, is a Stratics member. He also plays Purrfection, Hott Tomale, and Doctor Dizzycrumbs. So if you see those at the runs, they are one in the same.

T

toontownhappy

I'm currently in the NR DDL pg (too many acronyms!) and looking at a pig named Other White Meat...hmm...

D

Dali Dalinza

They sure can, although the length of this one is quite surprising. They took away my pig "The Other White Meat" after about a month. It was approved on the first shot. They usually have a reason (copyright, not appropriate, etc.).
It's like: "Here Happy Birthday, take this awesome toon name" and then they come back and take it away. You feel violated in a sense. :rant2:
Brand infringement likely. Because, isn't "the other white meat" possum?
:lick:

Sorry to hear about those of you who have lost names. I regret having very little imagination when I named my toon, and I'm in awe of many of your toon names. Btw, it took me a long stint of staring into space and cranking up the old synapses to figure out why "Richard Cranium" is considered naughty. Personally, I think that one that should be allowed to stay forever, lol.

T

toontownhappy

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I just saw three toons, named: Cat Slobber, Im Schtinky, and (best for last) Anita Pii. What is going ON here?

M

Monkeybear

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I just saw three toons, named: Cat Slobber, Im Schtinky, and (best for last) Anita Pii. What is going ON here?
when i first read Anita Pii I originally thought of pie :p Now im thinking yellow substance

S

SSniffleslam

Maybe it's wrong of me, but I find the Pii one hilarious...It's certainly something I would never have thought of...

T

toontownhappy

I agree in that it is pretty funny, but not exactly appropriate for a predominantly kids' game. I mean...come on, people...use that creative ingenuity someplace constructive!

S

SSniffleslam

Well, nothing against the kiddos, but my daughter didn't get it until I explained it to her. Then she thought it was funny...and besides, it's not like it's a baaaad word.

T

toontownhappy

True, very true...point for SSniffleslam! lol I was just surprised when I saw that name, based on some of the names TT DOESN'T accept, which are much different than that one.

S

Stubby

I noticed that nobody mentioned that the name of the little monkey in the CFO is named Mata Hairy. So whats up with that? They take from you when they are using it all along, too. Something doesn't add up. Coiuld it possibly be double-standard??????

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm pretty sure that is WHY they took it from him. There was another Mata Hairy (a girl monkey that looked just like the CFO monkey) who I hear lost her name too.

NikiKing

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Name Approval Guidelines
Members of the Toon Council personally and individually approve all submitted Toon names! The Council likes to ensure that Toontown remains free of names that generally do not fit within the Tooniverse or are offensive in any way.

Before submitting a name, check to make sure it falls within the Guidelines posted below.

REMEMBER: Toontown is family-friendly and rated "E" for everyone! Make sure your zookeeper (or parent or teacher or friend) approves of your name choice before you submit it for approval.

Rule Example
No Mixed Case MiCkeY MoUsE
No All Caps MICKEY MOUSE
No Disney or Toontown Characters Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Flippy
No phrases or sentences I like cars
No single letter names a, A
No punctuation Mickey_Mouse!
No names that pose as game operators Toontown Ops, Toontown GM
No names that pose as community officials Toontown Police Officer
No recognized copyrighted or TM brand names Exxon Duck
No numbers Red 345 Bunny 567, FunToon87
No Secret Friend or True Friend codes My Secret ad7 bh2
No web sites Disney.com
No recognizable cartoon characters Scooby Doo, Spongebob Squarepants
No spoonerisms for any above rule blushing crow
No backwards spellings for any above rule Sdrawkcab
Maximum of 4 words This is too many words
No garbage string of characters ashghghghjghggggsdsds
No empty names or all whitespace
No foreign language words le petit chateau
Words must have a vowel (or a 'y') ndssmvwls
No words made up of single letter eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Must contain some letters ..,,'',,..
No Pig Latin Ickeymay Ousemay
No religious leaders Jesus, Ghandi, God
No foul language or explicit references #$@%!
No drug or alcohol references
No L33t-5p34K M1Ck3y M0u53
No Real Names Jennifer Smith | John Garcia

Disney reserves the right to deny any name for any reason at our discretion.

S

susan4633

ok explain this to me...like everyone else i am preparing a black cat now so that i can buy for it... i chose a name i was SURE they would reject since they took it away from Eric. i named my new cat Mata Hairy. they just approved it. *scratches head in amazement* can Eric now get his name back?

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok explain this to me...like everyone else i am preparing a black cat now so that i can buy for it... i chose a name i was SURE they would reject since they took it away from Eric. i named my new cat Mata Hairy. they just approved it. *scratches head in amazement* can Eric now get his name back?
Nope, because in a 6 months they'll take it back probably..:coco:

S

susan4633

great. i gave it a name i wanted them to reject since i haven't thought of a good name yet. AND i just blew like 3000 beans gifting her... now i gotta delete her and start over. ooooooo what do they say??? Welcome to toontown!

L

Little Sadie

I did the same thing Susan. I put in Willow since it was known as a reject name. I went and bought her everything. Came back later to see that they had accepted it. I had to delete and start over. I used Duck You to get it rejected the next time. LOL!