• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) Massive Explosion Rocks Skara Brae!

Vivian Fellows

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Cross posted from the Tribune:

A massive explosion has rocked Skara Brae near the governor's office. While interviewing governor Neptune for an edition of Politics! Britannia!, we were witness to a devastating explosion that can undoubtedly be termed as an attack on Skara Brae.

We were just coming into view of the governor's office when we heard shouts of commotion. A couple of city guards were rushing towards an unattended packllama that had wandered into the square. They were shouting for everyone to get back, then time stopped for a split second as my sight when white from a flash and I felt the shock wave throw me off my feet onto my back.​
When I was able to regain my senses, I found myself pushing up off the cobblestone to witness a scene of horror. A green cloud had settled over the explosion area and out of it came several people, grasping both hands around their throat, choking on the poison cloud. Guards were holding the governor back as he struggled to run towards the stricken citizens.​
There would be few survivors...​

The current death toll stands at 9, but several survivors are now being treated at the healers to the south. Investigators have determined from wooden shards embedded in the walls of housing around the square that the bomb was contained in a magic crate being carried by the llama. Ingredients for the explosion appeared to be blackrock and nox crystals. Authorities have encouraged citizens to stay away from the area as it is now considered blackrock contaminated and will need to be cleaned.​
Governor Neptune has released the following statement:​

This assassination attempt will not stop us from trying to protect the people of Skara Brae or our interests abroad. We will hunt down those who are responsible, wherever they may be, and bring them to Justice. I have received offer for assistance from all corners of Britannia in tracking down these cowards who desperately tried to harm our people.

Those wishing to aide the people of Skara Brae, bandages and cut cloth are in urgent need as well as skilled healers.

Last edited: