• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

mare and ww magery gains

• Thread starter imported_onthefifty
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_onthefifty

what is the best way to gain magery for these two.

ive been going to swoops and waiting for the bird to sit on the rock before sicking the pets on him which forces them to cast. however there mana runs out and they wind up just shooting fireballs. the ww's magery is 92.5 and the mare is mid 80's.

someone suggested letting them fight it out and healing accordingly, much like the polar bear trick to gain vet but i would like to hunt with them and make some dough.

or am i just resolved to the fact that much like the taming skill it will raise in due time. many thanks.

G

Personally, I just hunt with them. Sure it's "cool" to have a GM mage pet, but it's not like they suddenly cast EV's or summon Earth Els.

Hunt and have fun, get rich. Gains come with time.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The only way to gain magery relatively quickly that I know of, is to have two of your pets fight. If you are in a guild you will need to heal them like mad for two minutes after which one of them will turn blue, and you can then sit around and watch them, hour after hour. If you aren't in a guild you can just sic them on each other.

Gains also come faster if you can get someone to discord them for you. If you are in a guild then the second one you take out of the stable will have to be discorded before the two minutes of healing is up (ie. before it turns blue) or you can train them in Felucca. If you aren't in a guild you will need to train them in Felucca in order to be able to discord them.

Training this way from freshly tamed to GM magery will take anywhere from 16 to 32 hours, straight... I suggest you find a good book to read if you are going to do this, or set up a tv next to your computer.

If you don't want to deal with sitting in front of your computer that long then you will have to resign yourself to the fact that it will take a very very long time to gm magery through regular hunting. I'm guessing it will take one to four years, depending on how much you use your pets, and how often they die. If your pets die fairly often, they will likely never see gm magery.

I

imported_onthefifty

wow 1-4 years. and i thought legendary taming would take long.

your ideas are the best i've seen so far. many thanks for ur input. i imagine them fighting straight for 16-32 hours would still entail me feeding them once every 1/2 hour or so.

well i'll just hunt with them and let the chips fall where they may. i imagine if u got them all 100's you'd be really upset every time they die anyway.

G

its easier to get the .1 back after a pet dies after making full gm in skills than it is to get there in the first place... just can not put off retraining the lost skill points is all......

as long as your toon is close to them while they cast over and over they will never get to the point you need to worry about them going wild.... they will gain to gm in magery and magic resist and if not med already then in that skill also via just letting them cast aka blue train

5% Luck

What I like to do it find a aggressive creature and lure it to my house and leave my pets to be attacked through a wall while i shop or bank sit. They gain pretty fast just from buffing themselves but, beware you need to feed them or give a command now and again or they go wild!

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only thing magery does for a pet is para and poison success rate. they don't fizzle. Higher magery does not do more damage

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you're not in a guild, you can let your mare gain from dispelling summoned air, earth and water elementals. Unguilded, the mare won't kill them ever, only dispel. It gives good gains, I've brought two mares up to GM magery that way, and that didn't take 1 to 4 years

Unfortunately, water elementals are 3-slotters, and you can't summon a water elemental when you have your wyrm with you, and it's hard to keep a water elemental alive that's been summoned by a guildmember when a wyrm is fighting it. That's why I've always opted to let my wyrm train magery through gameplay...

Since wyrms have a high natural magery upon taming, I suppose you can let your mare blue fight your wyrm when you've trained its magery up to GM?...

Hope it helps

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
EV's are two slots, you could try them as well, and they might work if you are guilded because they don't die as fast as the elementals.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
EV's do indeed work. Thanks for giving me the idea. I had to retrain my beetle after an unfortunate run in with a beetle slayer, and it only took five minutes to train the magery point back, as opposed to the hour or so it often takes blue training.