• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

March TOTM

S

Sweeney

Item: Cursed midnight bracers.
Victim: Otonashi

A quick grab but something to start this off with.

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Had to start March TOTM off right to top last month...

Atlantic: Dariyan
Item Stolen: Inquisitor's Resolution

R

Robthemilt

Oblivion, when i start playing my thief again for more than 10 minute intervals we've got to talk

S

Shinobi

I miss uo...it's been almost a month since my computer messed up. On the up-side though, I've had more time to play my bass, and I might be starting up a band with a friend next week. Still, seeing all these steals from obliv drives me nuts lol.

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I miss uo...it's been almost a month since my computer messed up. On the up-side though, I've had more time to play my bass, and I might be starting up a band with a friend next week. Still, seeing all these steals from obliv drives me nuts lol.
Ahh, Shin....miss seeing you around these parts.....don't worry I'm taking care of business.

Atlantic: Unforgiven
Item Stolen: Crystalline Ring

Keepin' it real....

-Oblivion

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh, I had a good time this evening. Training detect to put on my thief, and this tamer comes in. I snoop him and see that he hasn't insured his Totem of the Void (dyed ice white) and Pendant of the Magi.

So I steal his Totem for my first pick, success. But then before I can steal his Pendant he starts PvPing, and dieing too.

He dies, I run to his corpse. But the PK loots it. Luckily I had it on last target so I stole it from the PK right away, lol.

But the fun part is when he comes back. He asks for his Totem back. Naturally I say no. Then he calls me shady, which I accept as truth since I am a thief. Then he gets even more mad, so then I say I will sell it back to him for a cheap 700k :p . He refuses then starts spamming calling me a scammer. I laugh at him and leave. But he follows me to Luna and keeps spamming at me.
He eventually stops when he realizes I don't care and no one else does either. Or maybe he realized it wasn't really productive. He immediately logs off.
I find it really livens the moment when your target gets mad. Just makes stuff a lot more fun :D

I eventually did sell it right away to a friend for 700k.

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't care what anyone says, this is a damn good steal:

Atlantic: JerryII
Item Stolen: Pizza!

It's mine now!

-Oblivion

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is the most gratifying steal to date:

Atlantic: Quentarous
Item Stolen: Warfork -- Hit Fireball 44%, 14% HCI, 14% DCI, FC 1, DI 40%

I hate this guy, a lot; and it takes something to make me really despise someone. He's always been a complete idiot and acts like he is "The King of UO" when I see him on Atlantic. I found out that he does not like to use vendors to sell his "l33t" items, but locks down all of his weapons and armor in his Fel house and gates people there to take a look. As I found this out, I decided to take advantage.

He gates me there, and acts all "buddy buddy" with me because I told him that I have 100s of Million in gold to spend. I'm taking a look at his collection locked down in boxes, and saw this one (along with a couple others) uninsured. I asked him how much, and he stated that it was 30-40 million....perfect.

So he had some armor that was locked down; I told him I would look at that real quick.....as soon as he unlocked the box and put it to his backpack:

Jackpot. Such retribution.

He did not notice, and I ended up stealing another fork -- 46% Fireball, 30% SSI, 50% DI, UBWS....another nice token. I turned grey on that one for whatever reason. One of his 'red' friends were there and was ready to go to town after I was the incantation 'In Sar'....I used the 'Leave House' option and jetted out there before they knew what hit them. (This is where I took the picture)

Following this, I received the comments from him on how I am a "scammer" when I just used a skill in UO and outsmarted him. After listening to him countlessly trying to say that I was a "scammer" it is time to make one thing known:

Quentarous --- how does it feel, buddy?

-Oblivion

S

Shinobi

-Oblivion
I think this is the one I'm gonna vote on. I hate quent, never did anything to him, but he's always a **** to me just because he knows I'm a thief. Good job man.

P.S. Probably gonna have my computer fixed next week, hopefully.

C

cothor

Is there anyone here that plays on LS that could meet up with me and give me some pointers

R

RaGiNgLuNaTiC

I think Oblivion should win for stealing those war forks from Quentarous.
I saw the results in Luna and Quent cried like a baby and spammed scammer even though he got had by legit use of ingame skill and mechanics.

But I will go ahead and post one of my own for your enjoyment.

Atlantic: Vion
Item Stolen: a boat, oh yeah...and Snow Flake the White Wyrm.

So I was taking a walk through Haven when I noticed Vion training resist on Snow Flake. I asked if he would mind sailing me to Magincia to visit some friends. As I did not get an answer I thought it would be ok :)

So me and Snow Flake set sail to Magincia.

Upon arrival in Magincia we found it besieged by an army of evil!

Snow Flake put forth a valiant effort, but could not hold back the red horde and perished to the missile fire :(

So with the corpse of the brave Snow Flake I fled back to Haven to see if I could save this great creature.
But it would not be so... it seems Vion was frozen by some foul creature and unable to speak or move!

So realizing Snow Flake was not for this world I set the mighty beast off to a burial at sea...Fare the well.

The moral of the story...If your going to UM, Lock your Ship!

I know this isn't a real steal cause no loot for me but.. enjoy.

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just stole a boat too, but I was able to keep it.

http://uothief.com/nonchad/nonchad_ep0164.html

Victim: Ari Lych
Item: Boat

Boats are incredibly hard to steal on Siege as there is no gating off of keys. It is all luck in finding the ship.

Ahhhh.....I have a reminiscence of the old UO days when you could steal 'a house key' when they were applicable.....oh the enjoyment. Looted a Tower clean out of Vesper; put all the loot onto a ship....this was WAY before lockdowns and decaying items.....Had my large house with patio filled to the brim with all sorts of valuable.

Best part was when the Guild (Silent Brotherhood....can't believe I still remember the name) came out, got on a ship and chased me down. I was near red line when I hit guard zone. = )

I think that has to be one of my most memorable thefts ever.....my best friend was watching it and immediately picked up UO and played for about 3-4 years after that.

So all and all, thanks for bring back the memories. Nice steal.

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been a little bit, but this was a nice one since I use it:

Atlantic: Wild Fire (aka Tweedle Dumb from !LNR)
Item Stolen: Treatise on Alchemy: Owned by No One

I saw this for sale at Luna, and I wanted it since I don't really see them all the time and I actually use this talisman. Wild Fire was willing to put this up on a vendor at her house, but was actually smart and decided to hide when putting the item on. So I said "Hey, I'm going to get my red real quick with the money, brb"

I ended up having a rune nearby his house so I recalled there and quickly stealthed over to her house. I had my buddy bring his red there and said that he couldn't afford it, thought I had more money.

As so as he recalled away, Wild Fire came down, and took it off the vendor:

So I was laughing about it, she tried killing me with her Cu Sidhe....but I was quick enough to go into Llama form, run and hide. So I decided to stealth back to take the screen shot and I was posting it on the forum. As I was doing that and put it up on Photobucket. I came back as a ghost.

Tweedle Dumb was laughing at me calling me a "noob" and what not.

Here is my rebuttal:

I think I'll take the 5k loss in insurance for a talisman that is worth over 10 million....and states that it's owned now by 'Oblivion' not anyone else.

So Wild Fire / Tweedle Dumb......as you would say:

"YOU GOT PWNED!"

-Oblivion

R

Robthemilt

I love the people who talk **** to us. In this part of the game they're all newbs. It's like if i were to walk up to Goose or Chad and tell them i could harm spam them to death...as a ghost.

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is the most gratifying steal to date:

Atlantic: Quentarous
Item Stolen: Warfork -- Hit Fireball 44%, 14% HCI, 14% DCI, FC 1, DI 40%

I hate this guy, a lot; and it takes something to make me really despise someone. He's always been a complete idiot and acts like he is "The King of UO" when I see him on Atlantic. I found out that he does not like to use vendors to sell his "l33t" items, but locks down all of his weapons and armor in his Fel house and gates people there to take a look. As I found this out, I decided to take advantage.

He gates me there, and acts all "buddy buddy" with me because I told him that I have 100s of Million in gold to spend. I'm taking a look at his collection locked down in boxes, and saw this one (along with a couple others) uninsured. I asked him how much, and he stated that it was 30-40 million....perfect.

So he had some armor that was locked down; I told him I would look at that real quick.....as soon as he unlocked the box and put it to his backpack:

Jackpot. Such retribution.

He did not notice, and I ended up stealing another fork -- 46% Fireball, 30% SSI, 50% DI, UBWS....another nice token. I turned grey on that one for whatever reason. One of his 'red' friends were there and was ready to go to town after I was the incantation 'In Sar'....I used the 'Leave House' option and jetted out there before they knew what hit them. (This is where I took the picture)

Following this, I received the comments from him on how I am a "scammer" when I just used a skill in UO and outsmarted him. After listening to him countlessly trying to say that I was a "scammer" it is time to make one thing known:

-Oblivion
Well, it is a nice fork- but it is the engraving that really makes it special!

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, it is a nice fork- but it is the engraving that really makes it special!
I agree, but some time it can be the story that leads to the steal, or the story about the person behind the character:

Atlantic: Medalion
Item Stolen: Electric (Blaze/Golden) Hair Dye

So, as most should know, it was St. Patrick's Day yesterday....and like a good man coming from Irish heritage, I drank myself to "oblivion"

Need less to say, partying in Boston is a good time considering bars are packed at 12:00 PM and 30 year old woman are getting kicked out of bars by 3:00. It is even better when everyone congregates to the bars right at 5:01.

To make a long story short, I became belligerent, missed my train home, ended up catching a random train, 'broke' into a train station concession stand (that was unlocked) for some food because I was hungry, and ended up taking a $40 cab ride home.

Any who, after all of this I finally get home, and I said:

"WTF, might as well see who is on that I can torment"

I see Medalion, and I've never seen him, and he's surely desperate for cash selling this dye for 10mil.

I would have to say in less than 2 minutes of persuasion:

(The Hue)

I then passed out to bed, saw the picture saved on my desktop this morning....and laughed.

May have to drink myself into character more often.

-Oblivion

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's been over a week and I must say, I've kept myself busy so to speak:

First off, who needs to go to events to actually get event items:

Atlantic: Evil
Item Stolen: Broken Crystals

And again......

Atlantic: Daisy
Item Stolen: Broken Crystal

Then, I decided to have a bit more fun.....

Atlantic: Leon Phelps
Item Stolen: Cleaver: Hit Fireball 44%, Hit Lower Defense 34%, Hit Chance Increase 11%, Defense Chance Increase 11%, Damage Increase 28%

I really don't like this guy either, him and his friend claim they are "gods" on Napa Valley and just transfered here.....yeah....so.....

Much more gratifying when you steal, then kill.

And, for the finale.....

Atlantic: SkillHolder
Item Stolen: Robe of Britannia "Ari" (replica)

I think I can still smell the scent of the Harrower on it.....

Until next time.....

-Oblivion

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another one to add to the collection....

Atlantic: Shockwave
Item Stolen: Wind Spirit (replica)

MWAHAHAAHA.