• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Maratime Reading Glasses?

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How is it we can only turn in Fish Steaks Fish the only two fishing items on the list. Fishing poles are a crafted item.

How about sea serpant scales, Nets, Pearls. Make them a little more obtainable with all the stuff that we can fish up?

C

Ceridwen

You can hand in sea serpent scales at another one (animal trainer or whatever it's called)...

I'd also love to have those glasses though, but I'm not sure I'll ever even get close to fishing up that amount of fish. :(

L

Lord Drakelord

I just wish the master of trades would give you credit for all the trades you did at the Library and ofter the items we all seek, my treasure hunters turns in maps, but I have to turn in scales at the animal tamer, if the master of trades would be aware of the trades we did then it would be far more helpful.

M

Muu Bin

As a suggestion, if at all possible, I would refrain from cutting the fish into steaks. You never quite get 4 steaks per fish and the points you get are either 1 point per 4 steaks or 1 point per fish. If you can transport the fish on a pack horse, pack llama, or blue beetle, you will get to your goal quicker.

Also, I would take any money you make from fishing and buy the fish from fishers. At 15 gold per point, you would have to buy fish at 15 gold per fish. I usually see fish sell on NPC's for anywhere between 3gp up to 8 or 9gp. So, if you were going to take this route and buy the points, you're still better off buying the fish and turning the fish in.

It takes a long time though...

Good luck,
M.B.

Elffin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a suggestion, if at all possible, I would refrain from cutting the fish into steaks. You never quite get 4 steaks per fish and the points you get are either 1 point per 4 steaks or 1 point per fish. If you can transport the fish on a pack horse, pack llama, or blue beetle, you will get to your goal quicker.

Good luck,
M.B.
Hold on a cotton picking min... If i remember rightly, if you cut up 1 fish you get 4 steaks... so they both 1 point. If you cut up 500 fish you get 3500+ steaks.. (Thats over 7 steaks per fish) so please do cut up your fish, just do it in large quantities.

Elf.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Elffin's right.

NEVER turn in fish, only fish steaks.

The formula for fish steaks are as follows:

1 fish = 4 steaks

2 or more fish in one stack = 4 for the first fish, + 8 for every additional fish in the stack. (4 + 8(X-1) = 8X-4 fish steaks, which is definitely > the 4X for cutting the same number of fish up one at a time).

I think Muu Bin is under the mistaken impression that they are losing a fish when they cut a pile, when in reality they are getting the equivalent of TWICE the fish's normal worth of steaks, minus one fish's worth.

In other words, a stack of 100 fish is worth 100 points. The same stack of 100 fish, cut into fish steaks while a stack of 100, is 199 points.

Big Fish give 1 steak per 4 or 5 stone of weight (I forget which), which sucks.