• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Trinsic Fishing Competition for March

Trinsic Fishing Competition for March
Posted by Thom
Sons of the Sea, Trinsic
Monday, March 21, 2016 - 12:00 AM
Until: Monday, March 28, 2016 - 06:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After a few months off, and a couple of nice events ran by Gillian and Sarak, it's time to start our monthly fishing competition back up again.

The normal fish is the Holy Mackerel, caught in Gravewater Lake in Malas. The prizes for the Holy Mackerel will depend on the size of the fish you can catch. The biggest fish will win you five thousand gold per stone of weight of the fish. The second place fish will win you three thousand gold per stone of weight. Third place will win two thousand gold per stone of weight. An additional five hundred thousand gold check will be awarded to any of the top three fish that are over the current biggest Holy Mackerel from our last big competition. Currently that record is 171 stones set by Adrian Monk. An additional million gold will be rewarded for any of the top 3 Holy Mackerel that are over 200 stones.

The fish for legendary fishers is the Stone Fish, caught in deep water in the Lost Lands. The prizes for the Stone Fish will be a million gold check paid for the biggest fish turned in, five hundred thousand for second place, and two hundred fifty thousand for third place. Since we have no previous record for Stone Fish on file an additional five hundred thousand gold check will be awarded to any of the top three fish that are over one hundred fifty stones. An additional million gold will be rewarded for any of the top 3 Stone Fish that are over 200 stones.

The dungeon fish for this month is the Winter Dragonfish, caught in Ice Dungeon. The prizes for the Winter Dragonfish will be a million gold check paid for the biggest fish turned in, five hundred thousand for second place, and two hundred fifty thousand for third place. Since we have no previous record for Winter Dragonfish on file an additional five hundred thousand gold check will be awarded to any of the top three fish that are over one hundred fifty stones. An additional million gold will be rewarded for any of the top 3 Winter Dragonfish that are over 200 stones.

All fish, except the dungeon fish, must be caught during the week between March 21st and March 28th at six pm eastern. Dungeon fish must be caught between March 1st and March 28th. Winners will be announced at eight pm on March 28th at the Sons of the Sea in Trinsic. Fish you have caught for the competition may be turned in at the city herald in Trinsic, the mailbox at the Olympus Market, or to the governor or one of his representatives. Please note that the herald is fairly weak so if it won't accept your fish it may be full and you may have to try again later. Multiple fish may be turned in, but only the largest of your catch will be considered for the largest fish prize. Fish will be returned upon request of the fisherman, after prizes have been awarded. Unclaimed fish will be used in a way that benefits the city.

In addition to the largest fish prizes we will also be awarding several other prizes.
  • For the fishers that catch fish that match the weight of the biggest and smallest of the five Holy Mackerel that are caught by my independent fisher.
  • As well as the fisher that comes closest, without going over, of the average weight of all entries in both normal categories.

(Note: I am usually in game or online between the hours of 4 pm and 10 pm eastern. Ask for me in General or RP Community Chat, PM me here, or icq me at #270755567 to arrange delivery of your fish or request a rune to the mailbox)

Sarak

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
can a person win more than one category? and can a person win more than one place?

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can enter as many categories as you like but can only win one place. I'll automaticly put you in the place that pays the best prize if you qualify for more then one.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a result of my catching a stone fish finally earlier today I will add another 500k to any that beat the weight of the one I caught. Good luck!

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk