• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

March 2016 Catskills Vesper Woodmen event

March 2016 Catskills Vesper Woodmen event
Posted by MareJadeSky
Vesper Catskills
Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 09:00 AM
Until: Thursday, March 31, 2016 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Woodmen event will run from March 20 till March 31 starting at 9am and end at 9 pm on the 31 winner will be told on April 1
i made this one longer do to the Holidays, just do what u can no one asking for a lot

1st 3 mill plus a gift that wont be told till the night of the ending
2nd 1 mil plus a gift that wont be told till the night of the ending
3nd 500k plus a gift that wont be told till the night of the ending

wood can be place in deed form and place in the vesper market mail box
and will be add up through out the week so not to over still the mail box

prize will be given out in vesper at the bank

rune can be give, just pm and i will meet you in game with one for the drop spot

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wood can be place in deed form and place in the vesper market mail box
and will be add up through out the week so not to over fill the mail box
For anyone new participating, here is the House & Mailbox. It's located in South Vesper just off the Beach - 52 39N / 102 9E

zzzzxsa2.JPG

Octavia

Visitor
Can you please explain the point of this event? You want people to put deeds of boards in the mailbox? What are they supposed to do to win? Place bags with their names in books? I'm very confused about this event lol What do you do with the boards afterwards?

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What are they supposed to do to win?
Have the most boards turned in. All boards have points assigned to them via the Vesper Museum.

You want people to put deeds of boards in the mailbox?
Yes, your name will be on the deed so we will know who put it in mailbox.

Can you please explain the point of this event?
It is a player event that Mare created awhile back when she was governor of Vesper, to help out the Vesper Museum.

What do you do with the boards afterwards?
ALL the boards are donated to the Vesper Museum. Mare is trying very hard to keep the tiers up for the displays in museum.

I hope I answered your questions. Mare might have something to add when he sees this.

SlayerofBunnys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Vesper Museum has 10 different levels of displays they can be achieved based on 'donations'. Similar to the Moonglow Zoo gold can be donated at 1 pt / 15 gold. Additionally it accepts donations of boards as follows
Normal - 1 pt
Oak - 3 pts
Ash - 6 pts
Yew - 9 pts
Heartwood - 12 pts
Bloodwood - 24 pts
Frostwood - 48 pts
Fortunately the museum will take piles of boards or in commodity deed form. Mare collects the wood and totals the pts for each lumberjack. The ones with the most points gets the rewards she listed.

The museum has what could be considered a 'gift shop' from which various items can be 'purchased' using the reward points. A few times a year Mare will use the points to get some of the high end rewards which are then auctioned off, with the proceeds then being donated to the museum.

The museum also takes various tinkerer made objects related to wood working for reward points.

The unfortunate thing is that while the reward points that an individual has obtained never decays, the point total that the museum uses to determine which displays are shown decays fairly rapidly. We are having a difficult time trying to keep it at level 3 and have rarely been above level 4. Right now to reach level 4 it needs just over 3.3 million points, which in terms of cash would be 50 million gold. Then to reach level 5 would be an additional 40 million points, which would be 600 million gold more. I feel the decay and/or the point total per display level need to be re-addressed.

SlayerofBunnys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mare,
I have been collecting for this month, but no where near my usual rate. I did have a blood spot and frost spot for a period over the weekend, but both have dried up after about 1000 boards each. Hopefully I will remember to drop everything off on time this month, but even if not I will get them to you by the weekend.

Sean Dillon, Vesper's Lumberjack

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so sorry i have been fighting with my old pc till now so it been hard for me to get on anything from the web to the game with out flashing but i have my new laptop back from getting it screen fix cuz well a husband and kids dont mix well when it come to my pc lol but yes what Lord Bytor and slayer have said is right, and i do not keep the points all to my self i use the points give by turning in the wood for prizes in the event as well are blind bags for the month auction we hold, but i do this just like to moonglow zoo so we dont lose tier on our shard to bring life back to the older city and not let this game die

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and this end tonight and i will be posting the winter on here tomorrow one i have add up all the points