• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] maps

C

catship

i been out killing Bloods for maps, i'v made about 120k gold and no Maps
anyone eles haveing this kind of fun ????

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
i been out killing Bloods for maps, i'v made about 120k gold and no Maps
anyone eles haveing this kind of fun ????
It's very random. I can go out for 3 hours and nothing and then the next day I can go out for 30 minutes and come back with 4 or 5 maps. I hunt bloods a lot and feel your pain. For me what is worse is fighting for 3 hours and taking out 10-15 paragon bloods and getting no paragon chests.

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Howdy Catship, here's how I obtain most of my maps...

Level 1
- Fishing, you can fish up maps directly.
- Fishing nets, I've gathered over 40 level 1 maps in a few hours time just tossing green nets I fished up on my fisher into deep water with my tamer, and you get bonus MIB's on krakens too ;)

Level 2
- Dark Guardians in Doom, hands down. They always have a t-map level 1-3 as loot upon death. I killed about 40 of them in about 15 minutes and ended up with 13 level 3, 3 level 1 and 24 level 2 maps...

Level 3
- Dark Guardians in Doom, see my remark above ;)

Level 4
- I still occassionally do the Hag's quest for virtue gains and t-maps. These mostly end up to be level 4 maps.

* I hardly have to hunt for these anymore though, a few of my guildies are avid Abyss renowned hunters, hunting for the rare artifact drops, and they usually get maps which they drop off into my mailbox, since they know I'm a t-map junkie :)

Level 5
- Dark Wisps, Ilshenar Wisp dungeon. They die fast and drop paragon boxes which always contains a level 5 map. And I've never personally experienced it, but from what I've heard, if you're fighting a paragon dark wisp, it can drop a paragon box with a lvl 6 map...

Level 6
- Miasma... I've tried paragon hunting, but nothing compares to the Miasma droprate. It might have a 1 in 10 or 1 in 15 droprate, but that's still better than having to fight Ilshenar bloods where first you have to wait for a paragon to spawn, and then have to pray for it to have a paragon chest...

Hope this helps, and happy hunting!

C

catship

i went back to killing bloods after my last post here
i'v got 1 maps, i quiet counting after 50 bloods