• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Maps for nests

Mike of Ameraust

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone know for certain if the nests have to be located with the maps by a certain date or are they like the yellow crystals can be saved for a later date.

F

Fink

The maps seem to last indefinitely, but you need a brush from the ornithologist at the Zoo which has a timer on it. I would think as long as he's still there the maps are able to be completed.

Mike of Ameraust

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Echo :thumbup: appreciate it.
Has anyone else found maps that don't seem to relate to normal treasure map locations.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
only about 50% of the maps are 'near' tmap locations, although I have yet to find one "ON" a tmap spot exactly. I have 3 full rune books of marked turkey maps, some of which are for 2-4 actual turkey map spots (ie a screen or so run from the mark to a few locations)

I am so turkey mapped out I am done lol. I really wanted a few of the harvester blades for my chars, well all my chars, but given after 309 nests I had only 6 plucked turkeys, so a turkey & blade for the 'museum' and another 4 blades for my chars, means only 4/7 on my first account will get blades lol. The others are just gonna need to 'miss out' as I have had it up to my neck in the darn things lol. Maybe the rng hates me but an avg of 1:50 on plucked turkeys is pretty grim. I think I only had 2 plucked turkeys from the turkey bodies, the rest from cracking eggs. Either way, given that not all 'turkey kills' result in a full map (may need to kill 3 to get a 'whole' map from fragments) with 309 nests dug up I guess you see how many stupid things I have killed.

Anyways if you need a hand digging up nests give me a yell.

F

Fink

I too wanted to give multiple characters the harvesting blade. I have two chefs and a bunch of other characters I use for harvesting.

I don't know why such a useful and not overpowering thing would be made so scarce. Besides which chefs have been asking for a "butcher's blade" that actually recovers the meat, not just hides, for years. It seems like a typical implementation of a great idea; make it something you either have to grind for or make it an insanely high vet reward or something.

I'll keep grinding, as has become the game, but for now it looks like the one blade I have will remain in the utensil drawer as a loaner. :pancakes:

Mike of Ameraust

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well i just hit 450 nests and all I got was one harrow and NO blades, I know they should't be easy but maybe they could have linked it to the number eggs you have broken.

F

Fink

Damn, 450?

I surely haven't done that many but I looted my second plucked turkey today. I'm keeping the turkey for the BSC Cake Museum, so I'm after a third for another blade. I'd like to be able to fit out my two chefs at least. Other than that I've scored one empty nest, a few bowls of stuffing and two harrows.

It would be nice if they offered the blade in ML-type recipe form, so they could be shared around.:pancakes:

S

Salya Sin

I posted this elsewhere.. but thought it might help.

I received two plucked turkeys from my Cornucopias and not a single one from the nests. So turkey/map hunting is not the only way to get them. Hope that helps everyone who is still hoping!

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That is odd, you are the ONLY person I have heard saying they got a plucked turkey from a Cornucopia. I have 126 of them and have emptied them every day and never had a turkey out of one of them.

The only items other than food, have been harvest wine and cider and the corn stalks.

For my 309 Cornucopias/NESTS, I have received:

128 Cornucopias
23 Corn Stalks
38 Harvest Cider
42 Harvest Wine

6 plucked turkies (2 only from turkey kills)
6 Harrows
9 Nests
17 Stuffing