maps even worth doing

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
S

shauno

Hi i use to have a treasure hunter that could solo lv5/6 maps with ease, now im thinking of making another but is it really worth it, all to get a crap artie worth nothing and 30-36 items with a low bump. Six strong can be completed in 15min with a dexer that knows what there doing and all the items have a min intensity level of 80%, who else thinks that high end maps shold have thos kind of bump, or maybe one item 5x100 intensity?

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 26, 2008
I'm not a fan of loot inflation. I'd rather something new rather than something better ... or more uses for the items we have. Imbuing, for example, may give treasure hunting a new life.

(a few weeks ago I pulled FC1/FCR3/luck100 ring from a L5 chest ... so there is still nice loot to be found ... perhaps not quite as awesome now that the spring cleaning rings are around, but still nice nonetheless)

J

Jermosh

They are worth doing if you like doing them. I just bought 30 Lvl5s for 500gp each and loving going through them slowly.

Although the AW on a Lvl6 is really a pain to solo.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Jul 16, 2003
Southeastern Kentucky
home.kih.net
If Phillips Wooden Steed is one of the T-map arties for level 6, that will make them more attractive as well.

J

Jermosh

Oh yeah I forgot about the Steed arty. I was hording all my Lvl6s till SA came out, but now I may have to deal with the AWs a little more.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Jul 16, 2003
Southeastern Kentucky
home.kih.net
Seismic, it's one of the resources needed for the new Hitching Post craftable that acts as an in-home stable. I think it's used for the actual rope to charge the item.

I believe the same rope is also used to charge the 11th anniversary (Japan boxed set) item, but the Japanese item may be infinitely chargable, while the craftable can only be recharged twice (15 uses per recharging).